• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Old-fashioned Advertisements

One from around 1995 that used to creep me out as a kid but makes me laugh as an adult.

"Too Spicy for Ya?!"

Here's a compilation of some of the others from 1993 to 2019:

This was probably one of the most wholesome commercials of the 90s, an ad for Campbell's Soup. First came out in 1993 - I guess, could have sworn it was later than that, but whatever - and I believe it was reused for quite some time after it was introduced.

This was probably one of the most wholesome commercials of the 90s, an ad for Campbell's Soup. First came out in 1993 - I guess, could have sworn it was later than that, but whatever - and I believe it was reused for quite some time after it was introduced.

I remember this !

It’s Walkman-mania!.png

To me it seems funny seeing video game machine ads being described as "old fashioned".

I'm not that old! :)

View attachment 113305

Reminds me of a game we played as small children when I lived on Guam. Who could hide under our beds first. Every week a guy in a military jeep we called "Smokey Joe" would come around spraying fumes of DDT all over. :eek:

In hindsight I think I preferred seeing the Good Humor truck instead. But we had to wait until we were stateside for that.

Last edited:
30 years ago Australia went through a period of very graphic and disturbing drink driving adverts. Advertisers worked out pretty quickly that really violent ads didn't really move us all that much, yet this advert got taken off the air within 2 weeks due to complaints. I think the little girl singing was just too much for most people.

Extreme trigger warning - advert deliberately designed to trigger

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom