• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

No Thank you

The problem is I don’t think I know how to make it not do what it wants on the iPad ,It immediately fixes itself on a face, it’s a strange idea to think you only ever want a face!

Interesting, and agreed.

Sounds like an example of Apple taking intuitiveness to "another level", but the reality seems to be that instead they simply took it too far. Eliminating the user to have control over such a simple thing. Not good.

Most people want to marry or at least want the "benefits" part of a relationship without the commitment. So, the fact you are an exception to this- most people probably don't believe you. They might be thinking you're saying that to just politely refuse them or are making you chase them more.

Come up with a good lie for this society we live in, for your own good.
Say you've been in 3 relationships and that they were all with druggies who had problems with alcohol and other addictions and had no job nor aspirations to get one you felt comfortable with. To keep it easy, pretend all 5 people were very similar and that it has tired you of looking for a partner and that you are turned off by the thought of it because of your prior experiences. If they continue to push you, maybe ask them to be a sugar daddy without benefits.

It sounds like admirers are queuing up by the hundreds for you, Aspychata. Ha! I reckon you should obtain a taser. Let ‘em have it the second they get fresh.

l think less woman date these days. A lot of woman work jobs. The last thing l want to do after work is go out. I just want to take a break. Plus l find NT men soooooo boring.

Most people want to marry or at least want the "benefits" part of a relationship without the commitment. So, the fact you are an exception to this- most people probably don't believe you. They might be thinking you're saying that to just politely refuse them or are making you chase them more.

Say you've been in 3 relationships and that they were all with druggies who had problems with alcohol and other addictions and had no job nor aspirations to get one you felt comfortable with. To keep it easy, pretend all 5 people were very similar and that it has tired you of looking for a partner and that you are turned off by the thought of it because of your prior experiences. If they continue to push you, maybe ask them to be a sugar daddy without benefits.

The census for the US clearly states that people over 55 in America live alone in heavily populated areas. Maybe the benefits of abuse, cheating, stealing convince woman to live alone. I have talked to many woman who are happy to be alone and more importantly abuse free. No exception here, l actually fall in the norm for my age group.
Plus l don't want to be a housekeeper or a mom for man l don't even want to look at in the morning. Wrong wrong wrong

Sorry, l am confused by your statement.

l think less woman date these days. A lot of woman work jobs. The last thing l want to do after work is go out. I just want to take a break. Plus l find NT men soooooo boring.

Most of the married women I know aren’t very happy anyway, because in addition to having full time jobs, they also have to take care of their kids and cook and clean and constantly nag their husbands to help them, which usually doesn’t work.

Noooooooo thank you.

l have talked to a lot of unhappy woman that are married. I would consider it with the right guy, but most men l like aren't into marriage at this late age. They say they need freedom. And l don't want a unhappy guy, l want him to be happy.

I think the jist of it is make yourself not attractive,For instance a man hearing that a woman has had relationships with drug addict might sound like trouble and a woman that only wants money and won’t do anything for it.

I think the jist of it is make yourself not attractive,For instance a man hearing that a woman has had relationships with drug addict might sound like trouble and a woman that only wants money and won’t do anything for it.

Point taken. Though this reminded me of yet another tactic. Wear what you want. Look how you want. But have an incredibly nasty look on your face whenever anyone approaches you.

Something I discovered about one of my coworkers many years ago. A very pretty girl, yet she when she'd leave the building onto the streets of San Francisco she's always have this ugly scowl. I once asked her about it, and she smiled and said it was simply to keep all the guys at bay.

Made perfectly good sense. :cool:

Facial anger, whether phony or not can be quite dramatic. Even for those who otherwise could be described as quite attractive. A great buzzkill. Though as always, nothing may work on those who simply won't take "no" for an answer.

Last edited:
Re the suggestion that you should say yr a lesbian, I dont think it's a good idea to say one is a sexuality that one is not, I think it would be a weird thing to do actually. Couldn't you say you're autistic and you don't date because you prefer to spend time alone?

Re the suggestion that you should say yr a lesbian, I dont think it's a good idea to say one is a sexuality that one is not, I think it would be a weird thing to do actually. Couldn't you say you're autistic and you don't date because you prefer to spend time alone?

Consider just how many Neurotypicals out there really don't have a clue as to what autism actually means.

In comparison most any adult understands sexual orientation to some degree. Stating you're not heterosexual isn't likely to promote disbelief or further questions.

Streetwise had a good explanation for my post.

I don't know the stats. Just going by impressions- so apparently I'm way off on this one. That makes me think that maybe society as a whole is under the impression that most people do want to get married but maybe this isn't the case or isn't the case after a certain age?
That impression in this case seems to affect your experiences and how you have to deal with this particular facet of it.

Marriage stats say less and less people get married, even younger people. More younger people are choosing to live togeather. l actually read an article on couples who marry and live in seperate houses. So society's norms are changing, giving a chance for two people to come together and do specifically when-how-where what they want, not what society or corprate America wants.

This is the way it should be. Two adults are perfectly capable of making choices without anybody else's input.

Last edited:
I'm in the process of divorcing husband number three. I think I've learned my lesson.
I don't plan to ever marry or live with anyone again. I would like a boyfriend that lives next door.

It's maybe hard for people who are heterosexual to understand that being a minority sexuality has implications and meanings in itself, so it may seem convenient to say one isn't heterosexual, without realising that one is then claiming an identity. Claiming an identity you don't have or want would be rash and naive in my opinion.

It's maybe hard for people who are heterosexual to understand that being a minority sexuality has implications and meanings in itself, so it may seem convenient to say one isn't heterosexual, without realising that one is then claiming an identity. Claiming an identity you don't have or want would be rash and naive in my opinion.

The point is to discourage someone from pressing an unwanted social contact with a stranger. Not make a social proclamation about one's sexuality. It's neither rash or naive in this context. Simply a way to stop many heterosexual males (who have boundaries) dead in their tracks without further interruption.

Keep in mind the context of this thread. Where the OP does not wish to bothered by anyone. Where any notion of "claiming an identity" amounts to a non-sequitur under the circumstances. It's just a means to get someone to leave them alone. No more, no less.

Last edited:
I understand what you hope would be achieved by the strategy, but am saying, in my opinion it would raise other complications, and indeed may not operate the way you feel it would. However I don't expect the OP is gonna do this.

Funny but it was only since I got married and had a ring on my finger that women started coming on to me more heavily, some right in front of my wife. It was never hard for me to reject their advances but it's always going to hurt their feelings. It's largely a pride thing and many people are going to be attracted to what they know they can't have.
When you say 'hurt their feelings' do you mean the feelings of the women who come on to you or the feelings of your wife? Because I would be much more concerned about your wifes feelings in this case. You may not act on it but it always seems to me to be a nasty sort of put down where you're showing how little you respect the persons partner if you come on to someone who is in a relationship or married.
I've never knowingly done it and that is because I feel how I just described about it.

New Threads

Top Bottom