• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

No Thank you

I agree, people should leave you alone for that and respect what works for you.

I guess other option is to find someone who feels the same way as you and just have your own spaces but tell people you are together so they leave you both alone.

From a middle-aged, reasonably handsome male perspective, females generally leave me alone, well more like run from me. While I look perfectly normal, within five minutes of talking, they are on the run. I'm polite and cordial, but give off a weird vibe or something. Maybe you're too normal. Talk crazy or something, that may help.

It's been tough. Didn't really think at this ripe age that l would be involved with this. I saw myself sorta of fading into the woodwork and just existing and not really thinking that hard about my social life. Was really looking for peace at this age,not men breaking down my mental doors just because they had to score another point in their conquest of woman. My job as been an endless amount of married men who have decided messing around on their wives is as normal as brushing their teeth.

I have just enough energy to hit gym, hit job, hit errands. Occasionally, l get a visit with a special friend which suits me fine. But where does the other 25 men think l have time to do anything else? I am in my twilight age zone. I lived a very good life, l dated some very unusual people. I had a very interesting life.

It's been tough. Didn't really think at this ripe age that l would be involved with this. I saw myself sorta of fading into the woodwork and just existing and not really thinking that hard about my social life. Was really looking for peace at this age,not men breaking down my mental doors just because they had to score another point in their conquest of woman. My job as been an endless amount of married men who have decided messing around on their wives is as normal as brushing their teeth.

I have just enough energy to hit gym, hit job, hit errands. Occasionally, l get a visit with a special friend which suits me fine. But where does the other 25 men think l have time to do anything else? I am in my twilight age zone. I lived a very good life, l dated some very unusual people. I had a very interesting life.
Ive never dated and men seem to think you must want to at that second, what I want to do is sleep.
I find it hard enough to get to a sitting position ,reproduction is not on the list,then getting upright!!, then !!the stairs hoping !!!i dont fall !!and break my neck ,!if I dont fall !feed !!!!!the cat ,groom !!!!!!!!!the cat ,clean !!!!!his toilet ,feed !!!!!!!!!the other cat,check the threats from social media ,forums,lie slightly comatose on my bed .

Agreed. Dating does sound fun. But im not into drama. And i feel like i would place to much burden on the woman to make it work.
So i choose not to. Even if i could.

So what kind of burden do you mean? And do you at least try friendship? The person l like only wants friends nothing else, so l get what you are saying.

Last edited:
I am living through some strange burden myself that is something connected to my ex l guess. It's just a waste of time because l would rather be working and living my life. I feel l am caught in some type of timewarp when woman were unable to apply for jobs. But l will be moving next year and have more of a shot at normal.

New Threads

Top Bottom