• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need advice immediately!

I think you are probably overreacting personally. I've dealt with people like this, and just because of things they may or may not have done, doesn't necessarily put you into danger. Give him the shirts back, avoid him, and take some deep breaths man.

He and I grew up together. Everybody he knows, I know. And they all loved me growing up. They never shunned me because I was slightly different. Nobody could tell I was any different except for my best friend, he could tell I was slightly off, but not bad at all.

I'm just scared because the dude said the most hair raising stuff to me as we drove around. He told me he robbed a friend of ours we went to school with!

He probably wont do anything since we go way back.

Well it sounds like you guys are on good terms. So, calmly give him the shirts. And then maybe install a house alarm or something.

Also, tell someone where you are when you give them the shirts. That way if something does happen, they'll know.

I think that you would be dead by now, from how you describe this awful situation and I also think that this guy is playing you. He knows you are scared and so, he is using that to have fun at your expense.

It is so easy to be paranoid and I know, because I get into major panics too and have at times, thought: oh, my! I should not have typed that and start to look around me furitivily; expecting someone to jump me!

Sadly, it does come across as funny, because I know that the feelings of hightened stress is no laughing matter and so, one has to resort to logic and the logic here, is that this guy would not hang around, since how does he know you wouldn't call the police ( cops)?

Seriously, I strongly sense he is making fun of you.

Seriously, relax. Don't beg, you have nothing to be begging for. He hasn't asked you to commit x crime with him, he's asked you to hold on to his shirts. So drop off his shirts and don't hang out afterwards. Just because these people he hangs out with have murder convictions doesn't mean they go around murdering anyone they meet willy-nilly. Them possibly knowing where you live means zilch on its own.
I know quite a lot of convicted felons as well. I don't hang out with them regularly, but when I do meet them I don't go into panic mode, I just talk to them like I talk to any other person. I know a guy with a prior murder conviction, he moved into my street some time ago. I occasionally bump into him at the supermarket, or when I'm having a beer at the pub. And we usually have a quick friendly chat, and that's it. He knows where I live, I know where he lives. But that doesn't matter, because he has exactly zero reasons to want to murder me. He's also served his time. Criminals don't go around committing crimes 24/7, most of the times they're just people. Not everything they say and do is pure evil.

Or tell him you accidentally gave the shirts to Goodwill and throw them in the trash.

Call the police and tell them he threatened you. If you want you can start by checking with said mutual friend if he's been robbed at all, and if he has you can consider telling him who did it.

For comparison, I once had an idiot (who I considered a friend at the time) tell me he killed someone. In his case it was more that he didn't think I was scared enough of him – I wasn't scared at all. I didn't realize he was making it up at the time, but it later occured to me that it didn't add up. I'm telling you, these types think they are forging a bond with you by confessing to a crime.

calmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
I'm a lot more calm now than I was. I've been in this situation before. The thug is trying to show me how gangsta he is. The city I live in is like a slightly modern version of Birmingham Alabama. It sucks really bad.This is what happens around here. I try and connect with an old friend and what happens? I get robbed and treated like I'm a taxi driver. I'm gonna leave the shirts where he can find em and ill tell him my car broke down. Its so sad to me, this kid was a creative, interesting, sweet guy 17 years ago. Now he's unapproachable.

Last edited:
Yes, he took my money and gave me what appears to be a fake 50 dollar bill. It feels too stiff to be a real bill. I learned my lesson ten fold.

I WOULD FREAK TOO! OK, calm down first. Second, think like them. What would make them NOT LIKE you?? Be that person!!!

I know a lot of people are telling you to calm down and what not but I'm going post as if he really is a nasty person. I have had a bad/scary person on my tail before and he knew that he could push me, until I showed confidence, cut off all forms of communication. He doesn't bother me anymore and it has been many years.

It sounds like he knows he can take advantage of you and that you are a nice guy. Since he and his buddies have gone to school with you, they probably all know that. If he is trying to get you into something bad, he is only trying to gain your trust right now so it's a good time to back out.

I wouldn't worry too much about him searching for you at this point. Sounds like he has enough friends to help him out. He probably wouldn't put the effort into hurting you or your family, you don't owe him anything. If giving the shirts in person seriously makes you crap your pants, drop them at the door nicely folded in a waterproof bag. Would be worse to not return them at all. You could tell him in text, hey I'm sorry, was on my way to do whatever, didn't have much time, so I hope you don't mind that I put them at your door.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, did you say he came out of a store with those shirts after having you drive him there? He is also being kind of weird about these shirts. They could be stolen, drop those things off, forget this guy.

Stress is proven to limit thoughts. It can be useful when it is useful but for right now take deep breaths as breathing is connected to stress. Once you have calmed down you will be able to consider all of your options at that time. If you don't want to be put in danger, you just have to plan.

Do you have his address? Can you mail the shirts back to him then message him that you've done that? Send them overnight mail. That way he has no excuse to "drop by".

I am absolutely freaking out!

The guy texted me and said: I left my shirts in your car. Hold them for me.

then he said

U got me??

He is a street guy apparently and he TOLD ME about his henchman. He can find out my address by hitting someone up on facebook. I must be clear, these people he knows are MURDERERS. I knew them all in childhood and we were cool but They are all repeat, repeat, repeat felons with murder convictions now.
I looked 'em all up on a website with jail bookings.

seriously what do I do?

First off, you might ask the mods to move this discussion to the protected (members) section. "Inquiring minds" on both sides of the law...etc..

There's a possibility that someone has vouched for you and that you may be "auditioning" for a role in which you clearly want no part in. With possession of his shirts and a potentially bogus fifty dollar bill being a sort of "collateral" all to see how you handle it.

Personally I wouldn't handle such an occurrence regarding someone from your distant past as a mere coincidence. Personally I wouldn't contact him. Let him contact you if he wants his shirts back.

Last edited:
I'm already delusional and very paranoid. I'm going to be a wreck now, always looking over my shoulder. This just makes me sick.

Dude, chill. You had a run in with some criminals, and you survived. As far as you know, no one's hunting you down just yet, and you haven't had to fight anyone. People can talk big, but sometimes it's just a ruse to scare you into compliance. Criminals are everywhere, crime is everywhere, and life sucks. what's important is that you're still here, and not six feet under with those damn shirts. Perhaps learning a bit of basic combat might help in the meantime? i find having some really intense strategies to defend myself (in case my paranoia is well founded) helps when i get really nervous.

New Threads

Top Bottom