• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need advice immediately!

ftfipps

I got involved with the extremely wrong crowd today and I need some advice. I was innocently talking to a guy I went to high school with and it turns out he has a rap sheet 12 miles long and hangs out with major felons and they know my license plate #, what car I drive and they know other people I grew up with on Facebook so they can find out where I live. The guy was really acting sketchy and I am afraid for my life because I think he's gonna ask me to do stuff for him now that he knows how to find me. I don't want to talk to or go near this maniac again, but I'm afraid this guy might get pissed that I'm dodging him. He left two shirts in my car and I am petrified of going around the dude again to give him his shirts back. I feel like I may get killed truthfully. I feel like I was lucky to get away from him tonight. He tried to get me to go to a secluded place with him! What do I do?!

I don't feel like I'm overreacting at all...These people are scary hardcore criminals. What do I need to do to keep me and my family safe? They know where I live. I don't owe the guy money or anything but I am so scared. AND FOR WHAT?? I tried to be nice to a guy I've known for 15 years and I may get murdered tonight for it...I'm truly fearful. I think I may have messed up bad this time.

My family can't just up and move. I don't know anybody who will take me in. I'm really scared.

Last edited:
I think you are overreacting a little. Just because the guy is a felon doesn't mean he's going to try to pressure you to commit crimes too. It's generally better for them to involve someone who actually wants to be involved. Less risk of exposure, less risk of failure, and so on.

Besides, the fact that the guy has a rap sheet does not mean he is currently committing crimes, nor does it mean he's looking for henchmen, and not every conversation he makes will be a recruitment talk.

I can understand you feeling scared, but I think you should stop and take a breath. Don't worry yourself to death over what ifs. Unless the guy actively takes steps to involve you in something, there's no need to freak out.

I think you are overreacting a little. Just because the guy is a felon doesn't mean he's going to try to pressure you to commit crimes too. It's generally better for them to involve someone who actually wants to be involved. Less risk of exposure, less risk of failure, and so on.

Besides, the fact that the guy has a rap sheet does not mean he is currently committing crimes, nor does it mean he's looking for henchmen, and not every conversation he makes will be a recruitment talk.

I can understand you feeling scared, but I think you should stop and take a breath. Don't worry yourself to death over what ifs. Unless the guy actively takes steps to involve you in something, there's no need to freak out.

I agree.
Why would they take the risk of roping in some one unknown?

Do think it likely that he's trying to recruit everyone he meets for his nefarious schemes, or is just people he went to school with? (tongue in cheek)

In the very unlikely event they do ask you to do anything, politely but firmly refuse.

In my experience bad people are only bad when the want/need to be, the rest of the time they are just people. Just deal with them the same way you would anyone else.

I am absolutely freaking out!

The guy texted me and said: I left my shirts in your car. Hold them for me.

then he said

U got me??

He is a street guy apparently and he TOLD ME about his henchman. He can find out my address by hitting someone up on facebook. I must be clear, these people he knows are MURDERERS. I knew them all in childhood and we were cool but They are all repeat, repeat, repeat felons with murder convictions now.
I looked 'em all up on a website with jail bookings.

seriously what do I do?

My advice is just be cool with them.

Take it easy, don't freak out. Give him his shirts back and then avoid him.

What reason does he have to do anything to or with you?

I have the shirts but he told me to call him tomorrow for us to hang out! This is not a friendly guy we're talking about, I went to high school and middle school with him and he was a creative, artistic, nice guy but he has changed into the scariest guy ive ever been around and that's saying a lot since I have gotten myself unwittingly into some situations where I was around dudes carrying guns and carrying stolen property! When we hung out earlier today I've never been more scared in my life. He took me into a terrible neighborhood. I thought I was going to be raped and killed. They saw my plate number. I've been in a situation like this once before but those guys would never have known where I lived. These guys will all know where I live with my FAMILY by tomorrow afternoon. I need help!

I am not overreacting. These aren't petty thugs. These ARE killers who don't care about killing someone.

The first thing is to calm down. Just relax... take a breath...
maybe watch a show or something to get your mind off it... have something to eat... you don't have to see him right this minute right? so take a step back...
Once you're calm try and think rationally. In your meet up did you tell him anything like you have a nice house car or good business? Is there a reason for them to target you? In the past did he hate you or anything? Did things end rocky?

I have/had friends like this. Just because they have done some things doesn't necessarily mean they're going to do it to you for no reason. but if you act really nervous and scared around them i don't think it's going to help. If you are cool and calm... maybe that past nostalgia will count for something. And you say he has friends that can look up stuff online you should probably edit your post to leave out some details of what he is involved in. Keeping quiet about their activities.

If things are reasoned out after you calm down normally you can give him his shirts back in a crowded area. Or maybe you can just swing by "Hey i'm in the neighborhood got your shirts" drop them off and tell him your in a rush for a doctors appointment or other. Holding onto his shirts would give him a reason to drop by your spot. So. If things are clear give them back when you can.

As a side note what site did you use? i wanna check that site out

Ok - how big is your town?

You need to return the shirts.
You need a plausible excuse - something that ties up all your time.

Maybe your starting a business, helping a sick family member of something.

Then when he asks to hang out you tell him you'd love to, but you have XXXX to do and don't get much time out from it. Maybe we can meet up next time?

Leave it open, keep it warm and friendly, but have your excuses ready and make them water tight.

If your town is more than a few tens of thousands of people you'll probably never meet again.

I've had mates that freaked out around bad guys, but I never did ( I don' think)

Two mates used to get things twisting and snowballing in their heads, screw themselves up and then realise weeks later it was all in their heads.

He might just like you.

Don't hang out with him though.

I've hung out with bad dudes in the past through my drug days, and you don't want to be a part of their lives. They are usually living train wreck lives.

Be firm but polite, you have other plans, and you rarely get time to yourself.

My plan Is to leave the shirts by his home and call him and beg
The first thing is to calm down. Just relax... take a breath...
maybe watch a show or something to get your mind off it... have something to eat... you don't have to see him right this minute right? so take a step back...
Once you're calm try and think rationally. In your meet up did you tell him anything like you have a nice house car or good business? Is there a reason for them to target you? In the past did he hate you or anything? Did things end rocky?

I have/had friends like this. Just because they have done some things doesn't necessarily mean they're going to do it to you for no reason. but if you act really nervous and scared around them i don't think it's going to help. If you are cool and calm... maybe that past nostalgia will count for something. And you say he has friends that can look up stuff online you should probably edit your post to leave out some details of what he is involved in. Keeping quiet about their activities.

If things are reasoned out after you calm down normally you can give him his shirts back in a crowded area. Or maybe you can just swing by "Hey i'm in the neighborhood got your shirts" drop them off and tell him your in a rush for a doctors appointment or other. Holding onto his shirts would give him a reason to drop by your spot. So. If things are clear give them back when you can.

As a side note what site did you use? i wanna check that site out

I just typed in (enter state name) arrests on the search bar. Be sure to assess how professional the site appears. If it is called something like busted.com, go to the next result.

Ok - how big is your town?

You need to return the shirts.
You need a plausible excuse - something that ties up all your time.

Maybe your starting a business, helping a sick family member of something.

Then when he asks to hang out you tell him you'd love to, but you have XXXX to do and don't get much time out from it. Maybe we can meet up next time?

Leave it open, keep it warm and friendly, but have your excuses ready and make them water tight.

If your town is more than a few tens of thousands of people you'll probably never meet again.

...HE KNOWS WHERE I LIVE dude. I'll definitely stop talking to him but I sure hope he doesn't mess me up. I don't know what to think. He tried to lure me into a deserted park and he made it seem like he didn't have a pistol. I believe he actually did have one.

...HE KNOWS WHERE I LIVE dude. I'll definitely stop talking to him but I sure hope he doesn't mess me up. I don't know what to think. He tried to lure me into a deserted park and he made it seem like he didn't have a pistol. I believe he actually did have one.

You said he could find out where you live, not that he knew.

Take the shirts back asap and don't give him reason to find your place or to visit.

Build your excuse database so you know what to say if he comes round.

Take it easy, you're blowing this out of proportion.

Drop them in in person, don't leave them lying around, and what have you to beg for? Just stay away.

Okay, but I'll be frank, you have never dealt with a heartless criminal type person before. This clown made me drive him across town and told me to park at a scary convenience store, when he said earlier we were going to see some lady he called mama. He then jumped out of my car and went in the store. He came back with a huge bottle of beer and two t shirts. He got in my damn car with the beer and a cloud of cigarette smoke invaded my nostrils. I quit smoking and I try to stay smoke free.

Gangsters see guys with cars as their taxi drivers. I don't want to drop them off in person.

My plan Is to leave the shirts by his home and call him and beg

I just typed in (enter state name) arrests on the search bar. Be sure to assess how professional the site appears. If it is called something like busted.com, go to the next result.

Beg?
Are you sure he wouldn't get offended by that?

Last edited:
Give them the shirts in whatever way they want them, be polite, and walk off. I wouldn't beg or anything like that. Actually natural and calm is the best way out of there.

I think you are probably overreacting personally. I've dealt with people like this, and just because of things they may or may not have done, doesn't necessarily put you into danger. Give him the shirts back, avoid him, and take some deep breaths man.

New Threads

Top Bottom