• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My son with Aspergers was stranded in the Minneapolis airport

onthefarm

Last summer, my 15 year-old son with Asperger’s was left stranded in the Minneapolis airport by Frontier Airlines. He was traveling as an unaccompanied minor on his way home from camp and had just checked in for his flight when it was canceled.

Frontier offered him a list of hotels and said the "best they could do" was get him on a flight 2 days later.

7 months later, I was still so angry about their treatment of him, I formed an on-line petition to get Frontier to institute policies to protect unaccompanied minors in their care. The complete story is outlined in my petition, which can be accessed by the link below.

Please consider signing. Thanks for making change and protecting our kids!

https://www.change.org/p/barry-biff...utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

That sounds like really bad treatment from the airline. If the airline had accepted extra payment to look after your son then (IANAL) it sounds like you should sue them.

The fact that he was visually impaired alone means they should have exercised greater care and it sounds like a member of staff should be sacked. Have you tried contacting the press ?

That sounds like really bad treatment from the airline. If the airline had accepted extra payment to look after your son then (IANAL) it sounds like you should sue them.

The fact that he was visually impaired alone means they should have exercised greater care and it sounds like a member of staff should be sacked. Have you tried contacting the press ?

We've thought about contacting the press, and are still thinking about it. Seeing where the petition leads. It's really starting to take off. We also have contacted some youth advocacy groups. Thanks for your support!

Yes we paid an extra $150, which as far as I can paid for a staff member to walk him the from the gate to his seat and a snack on the plane. We have thought about suing, and contacting the press. At this point we really just want them to acknowledge that what they did was wrong and agree to prioritize minors traveling under their unaccompanied minor status. We are still considering contacting the press but are seeing where the petition leads. It's really starting to take off.
Thanks for your support!

New Threads

Top Bottom