Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
- Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
- Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
- Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
- Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral
Parenting & Autism Discussions
Discussions for parents raising kids in the Autism spectrum.
Ex. 1: A kid presents a bad drawing. (I don’t mean stick figures, crayons, stuff out of proportion, or drawing by age, etc... I mean bad.)
- What a nice drawing! Did you do that?
Ex. 2: A toddler banging on the piano.
- That’s such a beautiful song! So sweet!
Ex. 3: It’ll be okay. It’s okay (Edit to clarify this: most times, it’s not okay with a normal person, like if a kid says something, and an NT denies it bothers them. I understand making a child feel safe is #1, and there are times like hard times where this needs said legitimately to calm someone, but I'm saying where the person *does not* mean it, like saying "all is okay" with them, when it's not.)
- Typical child gives hug, etc.
Ex. 4: I love you more than anything in the world. I wouldn’t trade anyone for you (when you’ve heard or seen same person clearly be mean to or...