• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

JuniperJade9669

So, my name is Scott and I am a 25 year old male, I was diagnosed with ASD (High Functioning) at 3. Along with it I have co morbid ADHD, along with bipolar depression I went through 15 years of speech therapy in numerous school systems (I moved yearly) and have come a long ways in terms of functioning. I am here to answer any questions as I am an open book. I maybe 25 but I have had quite a ride in life! I have done a lot of therapy and been on a lot of meds.

-Scott

Welcome, Scott! 36 year old female here. I’ve been diagnosed with Aspergers in my late 20’s, bipolar 1 disorder in my early 30’s and have had an anxiety disorder most of my life, which rears its ugly head every now and then. Jury’s still out on ADHD, I’m trying to get my therapist to do an assessment but so far she’s not biting.

Are you on medication right now? If so, which one? I’ve been on (and am off) mirtazapine, olanzapine, quetiapine, aripiprazole, citalopram and lithium. All of those either gave me unacceptable side effects or just didn’t work. I’ve had a lot of atypical side effects, but that’s a common theme I see with many people with ASD.
Most fun uncommon side effect was having a murderous appetite for specific foods. I would literally be obsessed with a certain food and be super angry if I couldn’t get my hands on it. A sort of super hangry, but with specific foods. I once wanted to punch a lady at a bakery because she had no praliné-filled croissants. Which is why I am no longer on olanzapine :rolleyes:

I’ve been on lamotrigine for the last four months. I seem to be able to take this without too many side effects. Since I’m purely taking it on a preventative basis, I can’t say if it’s working though :D

Welcome, Scott! 36 year old female here. I’ve been diagnosed with Aspergers in my late 20’s, bipolar 1 disorder in my early 30’s and have had an anxiety disorder most of my life, which rears its ugly head every now and then. Jury’s still out on ADHD, I’m trying to get my therapist to do an assessment but so far she’s not biting.

Are you on medication right now? If so, which one? I’ve been on (and am off) mirtazapine, olanzapine, quetiapine, aripiprazole, citalopram and lithium. All of those either gave me unacceptable side effects or just didn’t work. I’ve had a lot of atypical side effects, but that’s a common theme I see with many people with ASD.
Most fun uncommon side effect was having a murderous appetite for specific foods. I would literally be obsessed with a certain food and be super angry if I couldn’t get my hands on it. A sort of super hangry, but with specific foods. I once wanted to punch a lady at a bakery because she had no praliné-filled croissants. Which is why I am no longer on olanzapine :rolleyes:

I’ve been on lamotrigine for the last four months. I seem to be able to take this without too many side effects. Since I’m purely taking it on a preventative basis, I can’t say if it’s working though :D

I have been on all of those and am currently on seroquel, resperidone, and I was on celexa for alot of my life, lithium didn't agree with me.

The script that always worked best for me was Risperidone, Vyvanse and Celexa, however I am on lexapro now and it works better for me than Celexa

So, my name is Scott and I am a 25 year old male, I was diagnosed with ASD (High Functioning) at 3. Along with it I have co morbid ADHD, along with bipolar depression I went through 15 years of speech therapy in numerous school systems (I moved yearly) and have come a long ways in terms of functioning. I am here to answer any questions as I am an open book. I maybe 25 but I have had quite a ride in life! I have done a lot of therapy and been on a lot of meds.

-Scott

Hello there ( respond with " General Kenobi " ).

welcome to af.png

Welcome, Scott. I was diagnosed at 60 and had to suffer through critical times in my life feeling like an alien. The social and sexual isolation that resulted led to PTSD which I am dealing with using Cognitive Processing Therapy and a low dose of Cymbalta.

I always feel that way about croissants too with any filling.

Welcome. Feel free to be you and look forward to hearing from you.

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here. Sounds like you have been up against a lot already, it's good that you are here. I hope you will share your views and ideas here.

:strawberry::grapes::shortcake::cherries::watermelon::shavedice::redapple::pear:

Welcome to the forums.

I've never taken meds for ASD. I wasn't diagnosed until in my 50's.
CBT helped me more than anything.
Glad you are here! :tulip:

New Threads

Top Bottom