• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My former friend uninvited me to his retreat.

Sounds like you are developing boundaries. Good that you recognize toxic people and now know not to internalize their poisonous messages.

Tony, was this retreat (from the original post) the one that would have involved flying somewhere?

Based on your past posts here, while I do agree with your former friend about being obsessed with women too much, I could sense that your social tendencies would be a turn off. I can understand the oversharing- I have been there before too. Sometimes, I still do it. Sometimes, others have done it with me and it doesn't bug me unless I find out that a person is just using me as a free counselor because they don't really care about me as a person. It's okay to overshare, but only if you're asked or if you have that kind of tight friendship with someone is the general consensus.

This former friend does sound like he was never a good friend because when he told you these things that annoyed him, it sounded like he was demeaning you and didn't care about you.

If you want to attract more women and bonding with people in general, you need to be able to do something more independent. Running your own retreat would be something more independent, but it's very difficult because you still have to ask other people and be able to organize events and venue, etc.

Remember, people have their own lives and they only have so much time and energy as well.
Consider taking care of an elderly person or volunteering at a homeless shelter. I think you would be able to bond and maybe even mate with people in these circumstances. Just something to consider. If those are environments you don't desire to make connections with women and men platonically, then take a good look at yourself.

New Threads

Top Bottom