• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Music You Love

Sorry Pat. Johnny Cash made my list of favorites. :) I decided to quit adding songs to my list. I think I was getting carried away. I will probably wake up in the middle of the night thinking of a song I simply must add. And I am probably leaving off some of my most favorite songs. Some songs were at a darker place so I didn't add them. I enjoyed doing this. Thank you Ducky. :cool:

Various songs that brought me happiness or sorrow and various stages of my life. Not in any particular order. I just listed them as they came to mind. I have a couple of Spotify play lists if anyone is interested. One is titled Oldies and the other is Christian

Wow! Amazing song. I would have loved to have met this lady. She is a real role model. I feel the power when she sings this. She knows God and has seen his faithfulness.
Shirley Caesar, "He Will do it Again"

I love Johnny Cash. I have felt a connection to him since I was a child. He speaks to my soul. "Sunday Morning Coming Down" reminds me of my days before I became a Christian.

I think this is what we do when we are in love. We straighten our act up.
"I walk the Line", Johnny Cash

Just the two of them having fun
"Jackson" Johnny Cash and June Cash

Another song I would listen to when I was drinking and lost. I never could figure how how to find God. I knew he existed but he seemed so elusive. I even wrote a song about it. I called it "How Do You Believe". The ode of a lost soul. Thank God I am not there any more.
"Why Me Lord"

I just love this song!
"Sunshine Lolipops and Rainbows"
Sunshine, Lollipops And Rainbows. Lyrics

I love children's songs too
"He's Got the Whole World in His Hands"
GOSPEL HYMNAL - HE'S GOT THE WHOLE WORLD IN HIS HANDS Q.AVI

A song I remember from Vacation Bible school as a child. I never got saved there, but I did like the songs
"I'm in the Lord's Army"
I'm in the Lord's Army (lyrics) (HD) (kids)

We used to sing this in the church I got saved in. I loved this song.
"From the Rising of the Sun"
From The Rising Of The Sun (Worship With Lyrics)

This song helpedf me get through many depressed days when I felt overwhelmed in my younger days
"Because He Lives"
Because He lives I can face tomorrow

"There is a Fountain"
There Is A Fountian With Lyrics By Selah

"I Stand Amazed"
I Stand Amazed - Chris Tomlin [with lyrics]

I did it! I listened to everything! These are lovely, thank you! My first thought from the title of the first was that it was about abuse. :oops: I'm glad it wasn't! I like Johnny Cash, too, but I hadn't heard those songs of his! :)

I put my library on shuffle whilst digging in the garden and heard:

Ike and Tina,
Electric Light Orchestra,
China Crisis,
Iron Maiden,
OMD
Depeche Mode,
Sam Burke,
Stevie Wonder,
Stevie Nicks,
Peter Gabriel,
Genisis,
Eric Clapton,
Ottis Reading,
Fatboy Slim
and a lot of Northern Soul, can’t remember all names, ‘thingie bob and the somebodies.
I could be here all night making a list.

I’d forgotten how much I really enjoy all of it :)

Hi Gracey. I had completely forgotten about the band, China Crisis. I loved the song, Wishful Thinking.

Forgive me, I couldn't help myself.

Amazing! I was just thinking, after reading your comment about it, "I should probably look that song up." Then my brain was like, "BUT I DONT WANNNAAA" cause that's how it always reacts to doing things, and then I didn't do it. And now I'm listening to it thanks to you! It's great! :)

I'm so glad you find it pleasing! I had deleted my post, as I'm having ridiculous reactions to things, today. Mainly, my own thoughts/anxieties. Anyway, I am glad you are enjoying it! : ))

Should I remove the quote then? Or delete mine?

No. It was a pleasure to read, and to know you enjoyed it, and I am enjoying listening to the song, again, as well. Thank you for your thoughtfulness/ kindness/ for asking. :herb::cherryblossom: edit: Sorry, I just realized you may have thought I had a reaction to the song, which wasn't the case. It was that I was overthinking/analyzing whether I should have posted it, here. Anyway, I just felt a strong need to clarify that.

I just saw the edit! I had thought correctly, that it was regarding whether you should have posted it here. I'm intimately familiar with the problem. Thank you for clarifying though!

Posted in dedication to Loren, as she suggested a while ago in this thread, here is me playing dah piano! :)

I think of this piece as being about a debate between two people on whether or not life is worth living, or a single person deciding whether or not to commit suicide. Unless you're familiar with it already, you'll have to listen to find out what happens. :cool:

And now people won't be able to imagine me as a 6-foot Russian model, like I assume people have been imagining! :D

Last edited:

"-- that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return. Yet they forever move under it, as if it were the rainbow, and they its children. . . .”

Did you happen to see this quote in the comments from this video? How lovely! Apparently it's from a book called, "Gravity's Rainbow". Think of the web of influence on that one! You've led me to a book I'll read! If that leads to anything of any nature at all, then the single act of posting this video will have caused that as well, among anything following it consequently!

Pretty cool, huh!? ;)

Posted in dedication to Loren! :)

I think of this piece as being about a debate between two people on whether or not life is worth living, or a single person deciding whether or not to commit suicide. Unless you're familiar with it already, you'll have to listen to find out what happens. :cool:

And now people won't be able to imagine me as a 6-foot Russian model, like I assume people have been imagining! :D

I had not realized that you meant it was you! Thank you so much for sharing this with me/us. You play so beautifully. I'm still listening...

edit: I am speechless. What an amazing and beautiful composition and performance. Chopin is one of my favorite composers, but, I think I had mentioned that. You play as beautifully as Chopin, and even more, movingly. I love your hair style. I had pictured you with dark hair, for some reason.

Thank you, again, for sharing this beautiful performance. I am so happy to have had the opportunity to hear you play.

Last edited:
I'm quite fond of the Swedish heavy metal band "Meshuggah."

I've seen them in concert so many times I can't remember the exact number. I've also listened to them for the past 11 years.

I had not realized that you meant it was you! Thank you so much for sharing this with me/us. I feel honored. I adore you, and you play so beautifully. You are adorable and beautiful. I'm still listening...

edit: I am speechless. What an amazing and beautiful composition and performance. Chopin is my favorite composer, but, I think I had mentioned that. You play as beautifully as Chopin, and even more, movingly. I would like to save this to my laptop, to listen to, again, if that is ok with you. I love your hair style. I had pictured you with dark hair, for some reason.

Thank you, again, for sharing this beautiful performance. I am so happy to have had the opportunity to hear you play.

I love you.

I don't see hearts so here's a bed of flowers:

:cherryblossom::cherryblossom::cherryblossom::cherryblossom::cherryblossom::cherryblossom:
:cherryblossom::cherryblossom::cherryblossom::cherryblossom::cherryblossom::cherryblossom:

And whoops, I'll edit the post to make it clearer that it's me.
And sure, you can save it!

And thank you so very much! :hibiscus:

Thank you for letting me know. Your messages are bringing tears to my eyes. I think I am overly sensitive at this time. I am going to listen to the piece you posted. Thank you. If you liked the Harold Budd piece, you may, also, like this, also by Harold Budd, in collaboration with the artist John Foxx. Indeed, I had read the comment, and it is indeed, lovely. I'm glad my post brought you to the book (I, too, shall read it). You are deserving of everything good in the world. Thank you for always making me feel understood and accepted.

It's transcendent! I have a playlist of music of this kind and it's got to be one of the best on there now! Thank you!

I don't see hearts so here's a bed of flowers:

And whoops, I'll edit the post to make it clearer that it's me.
And sure, you can save it!

And thank you so very much! :hibiscus:
Thank you !

You're welcome, of course! : )

I really like the music from The Greatest Showman, particularly "The Other Side", "A million dreams" and "This is me". I like listening to P!nk, All Time Low, Avicii and lots of other random songs and artists. I basically like any music, though I don't really like the popular songs that have gross meanings and that are about sex etc.

New Threads

Top Bottom