• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Music You Love

You're welcome, Fino! So pleased to know that you are enjoying it: )

Indeed, the piece does change, suddenly. Thank you for sharing what you have. I may not have been around when you wrote about your friend, as I don't recall seeing that particular post, but, I'm going to have a look, as I would like to read it. Hoping your sadness has diminished since writing about it!

I, too, am so glad you created this topic! It's been nice to get a sense of what others are listening to, and be introduced to music I wasn't aware, existed.

It was actually quite recent, but it involved a specific question that was answered within a day, so the thread was probably buried quickly.

Sorry for Another Sad Topic...

I've never linked to a post before, so I'm not sure that will work.

Edit: It seems to work!

I love Birdy, and, Let It All Go, is particularly, meaningful to me. I was actually, a bit, reluctant to listen to it, at this time, but couldn't hold back. I adore her rendition of The A Team, written by an artist who's name I cannot recall, at the moment...

It's by Ed Sheeran! I love that song and have never heard this cover! It's beautiful!

I had only ever known the song "Strange Birds," by Birdy, and I only know that one because Sia co-wrote it and I listen to everything Sia is involved in.

Is that one song or an album?
It is both.
The song title is the same as the album title.
This was an amazing progressive rock band at a time when progressive rock was in it's infancy, as I am sure that @Loren or @Pats or @Progster could attest to.
They were incredibly prolific and talented.
This is one band for which it is well worth owning, and frequently visiting, their discography.

I'm familiar with the song! That was part of the reason I loved that one! I've enjoyed the original song, and this made it so different!

Do you mean recording something of Olafur Arnalds or just anything?
Anything at all, would be a pleasure to hear!

It's by Ed Sheeran! I love that song and have never heard this cover! It's beautiful!

I had only ever known the song "Strange Birds," by Birdy, and I only know that one because Sia co-wrote it and I listen to everything Sia is involved in.

Thank you for mentioning his name. I think the original is beautiful. I'll have to familiarize myself with Sia, next!

Last edited:
I want to know very specifically what artist and which one or two songs/pieces affected you most.

If I'm going by that criteria alone, then the artist that has affected me the most is Tool. Their lyrics are cryptic enough so that they seem to apply whatever stage of life I'm at and give some respite.

Be patient. I must keep reminding myself of this.

There are many other artists with standalone songs that have made big impacts though. One song made me quit my job and go back to university. :)

You know, I do have to add Eric Clapton - and it's all his music (except Layla. lol) I've listened to him for years and always felt like I could follow his life through his music - his music tells his story. I had my idea of what he went through at different times in his life. When his book came out I had to get it and read it just to see if I was anywhere close, and, by George, I was dead on - reading his book was like reading what I had thought about his life all along. I love his music for this.

You know, I do have to add Eric Clapton - and it's all his music (except Layla. lol) I've listened to him for years and always felt like I could follow his life through his music - his music tells his story. I had my idea of what he went through at different times in his life. When his book came out I had to get it and read it just to see if I was anywhere close, and, by George, I was dead on - reading his book was like reading what I had thought about his life all along. I love his music for this.
I. Love. Cream.

Oasis only ever did 1 good song, "Don't look back in anger", all the others were crap, Wonderwall was annoying, especially that pants cover by some bloke called Mike Flowers.

Anything at all, would be a pleasure to hear!

But was your original intention for it to be something by him or were you thinking "anything at all" from the beginning? Sorry if I'm being annoying, I just want to be clear...

But was your original intention for it to be something by him or were you thinking "anything at all" from the beginning? Sorry if I'm being annoying, I just want to be clear...
so sorry. I didn't see an alert for your reply, or I would have replied, sooner. My inital thought was that it would be nice to hear you play piano, in general terms, and not specifically, an Olafur Arnalds piece. No apologies necessary, and you are not at all, being annoying/ you could never annoy me. I'm glad you asked for clarification. : ))

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom