• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Movies about AS?

QuestorThews

I saw Adam and the imitation game. Do you know others? I would like to suggest to my family to see my life under another perspective. If you have some title feel free to tell me about. Thanks

Last edited:
This page may interest you: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls000099343/
I haven't seen all of them, but some I would recommend are:

Extremely Loud & Extremely Close (I only saw parts of it)
Temple Grandin (of course :) )
The Wizard (an old movie, I saw it when I was young, but didn't know then that it was about autism, is it?)

And some I've heard from others, but haven't seen yet:

Mozart and the Whale
My name is Khan

Last edited:
This page may interest you: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls000099343/
I haven't seen all of them, but some I would recommend are:

Extremely Loud & Extremely Close (I only saw parts of it)
Temple Grandin (of course :) )
The Wizard (an old movie, I saw it when I was young, but didn't know then that it was about autism, is it?)

And some I've heard from others, but haven't seen yet:

Mozart and the Whale
My name is Khan
Thanks, it seems very interesting! I'll definitely watch when my holidays will be over :) thanks again

Ben X if you don't mind Dutch. It's a movie about an aspie who loves mmorpg, and gets bullied at school. Watched it and the movie moved me. If you like drama and get easily touched, i recommend that movie. Not sure if how realistic it is though, but think it's based on a true story.

I'm here pretty much of that movie. Got a little obsessed by aspergers after that movie, and realised it were most likely because of some similarities between me and Ben. I'm not diagnosed and not sure if i got aspergers, and if i do, it's pretty mild compared to Ben.

Last edited:
Ben X if you don't mind Dutch. It's a movie about an aspie who loves mmorpg, and gets bullied at school. Watched it and the movie moved me. If you like drama and get easily touched, i recommend that movie. Might be hard to find though.

I'm here pretty much of that movie. Got a little obsessed by aspergers after that movie, and realised it were most likely because of some similarities between me and Ben. I'm not diagnosed and not sure if i got aspergers, and if i do, it's pretty mild compared to Ben.

No offense but this sounds awfully German for a Dutch movie ;)
(It's German, not Dutch. Sorry for nitpicking)

Lol, now your confusing me, so i'll call you a nitpick anyway;) Didn't sound much like German when i watched it atleast. But since my German is pretty rusty and your nick is RidingDutchmann, i'm not going to argue:D

Lol, now your confusing me, so i'll call you a nitpick anyway;) Didn't sound much like German when i watched it atleast. But since my German is pretty rusty and your nick is RidingDutchmann, i'm not going to argue:D

Yeah I'm from the Netherlands and a lot of people confuse German and Dutch and I can kinda understand it :3

And to be honest, there's not much speech in the trailer and what they do say is hard to hear, so I can see how you can't really tell the difference

Big giveaway: all the text is German as well.

Ben X if you don't mind Dutch. It's a movie about an aspie who loves mmorpg, and gets bullied at school. Watched it and the movie moved me. If you like drama and get easily touched, i recommend that movie. Not sure if how realistic it is though, but think it's based on a true story.

Thanks for suggestion. I'm asking movies about Asperger syndrome more for my family then for me. I would like them to understand more of my world seeing things from an outer perspective ;)

Yeah I'm from the Netherlands and a lot of people confuse German and Dutch and I can kinda understand it :3

And to be honest, there's not much speech in the trailer and what they do say is hard to hear, so I can see how you can't really tell the difference

Big giveaway: all the text is German as well.
Watched a bit from it today, and the speach sounded like gibberish, so tbh i think it's Dutch :D I usually understands a bit german, from learning German at schools in my youth, and from playing games with German speach. Have ordered the movie on Amazon though, so i'll check up on it later. But sounded like German in the trailer, but think it might have been dubbed.

On netflix watch a movie called The Story Of Luke. Also there is a dvd called Adam that is really good.

It's been a few years (and admittedly I was high), but I've seen 'Mozart and the Whale' and I remember liking it. It's about 2 Aspies falling in love. It's good with showing how they're completely different despite having the same condition.

My favorite is 'Mary and Max'. It's stopmotion movie about a lonely Australian girl from a toxic family, who while at the library one day grabs a NYC phone book from a 'phone books from around the world' collection, picks a name from it and decides to write a letter to that person. That person is Max, a grown-up Aspie, who is, of course, just as lonely. They become penpals and the movie follows them through out the years. It's a beautifully made film and will pull at your heart strings, while making you laugh. It's honestly one of my favorite movies of all time.

Ben X

"""

and it's in Flemish, that's what the back of the box says...

Last edited:
Ben X

I tried to watch this with my friend and dude but it just made them mad and we only got halfway through it before they said no more and made me turn the movie off... :(

and it's in Flemish, that's what the back of the box says...

The movie itself is indeed Dutch (Flemish is just Dutch with a funny accent and some funny words, Dutch often poke fun of it (it keeps a lot of old spelling and such))

But the linked trailer is in German, probably a dub as stated above, hence the confusion

I haven't seen it but heard Fast and Furious 7 was about autism.

New Threads

Top Bottom