• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Most intense corporate rivalry

What do you think is the most intense corporate rivalry?

• GM vs. Ford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delta Faucet vs. Moen

• Molson Coors vs Anheuser Busch

• Amazon vs. Walmart

• Total voters

Pink Jazz

I was wondering, what do you think is the most intense corporate rivalry?

My vote goes to Boeing vs. Airbus, since they have been in a heated trade war for years.

Culturally 1st place would be coke vs pepsi and a close second would be Apple vs Samsung.

These companies all make things people use/consume everyday. People into tech and people out will tend to use Iphones or androids (many made by samsung) and therefore have an opinion. Plus the cola wars advertising campaign was a cultural phenomenon.

You forgot to put McDonald's vs. Burger King in the list.

Unfortunately the poll is limited to 10 options. I don't consider McDonald's vs. Burger King as big as many of these others, plus it is really more of a three way competition since there is also Wendy's.

If I could have included more options, I would have added Nike vs. Adidas, as well as FedEx vs. UPS (USPS doesn't count since they are a government agency).

Last edited:
Unfortunately the poll is limited to 10 options. I don't consider McDonald's vs. Burger King as big as many of these others, plus it is really more of a three way competition since there is also Wendy's.

If I could have included more options, I would have added Nike vs. Adidas, as well as FedEx vs. UPS (USPS doesn't count since they are a government agency).

I wouldn't consider Wendy's as a contender here. I think they're more like what RC cola is to Coke and Pepsi. Or like DHL is to FedEx and UPS.

I wouldn't consider Wendy's as a contender here. I think they're more like what RC cola is to Coke and Pepsi. Or like DHL is to FedEx and UPS.

Wendy's actually at one point surpassed BK as the #2 fast food burger chain, so I think they are a contender. RC Cola (who is owned by Keurig Dr. Pepper) doesn't come close to Coke and Pepsi in cola sales. DHL once tried to offer domestic express shipping in the United States but failed and is mainly an international shipper and a shipping consolidator (the latter through its DHL eCommerce subsidiary).

There has been intense dough raising issues between Kraft and Schwann in frozen pizza land. Because of the huge revenue this item generates. Kraft actually sued them. With the covid issue, frozen food is going into record sales currently.

Last edited:
How about Sony vs. Microsoft? The console wars are about to start again with the next generation coming soon which should be interesting for those who have been keeping track.

NVIDIA vs AMD. Everytime it looks like AMD is catching up NVIDIA has something under their sleeve. The RTX 2000 series cost NVIDIA a little bit of that lead though, due to the very small boost in performance compared to the 10 series. It was basically like the 10 series just with Ray Tracing.

Intel VS AMD is also super cool to see. AMD seems to be taking over now, there's just a few issues with stability depending on the industry you're in, but for gaming AMD has taken 1st place now.

Apparently corporate can refer to groups too. So if we look back at history you could say Christianity vs Islam - such as the crusades etc. Or Roman Empire vs Christianity. Or even Catholicism Vs Protestants throughout Europe. Unlike corporate business rivalries that involves profits, all the religious conflicts have probably meant millions of deaths.

Ironic really - religion was supposed to originally help enlighten people and bring people together, and instead it was used in the name of conquerers and madmen to slaughter countless people.

This is why I think outside of religious debates, its politest to keep religious views to yourself.

Ed

I thought Apple vs IBM was a pretty strong rivalry, back when IBM was relevant. Apple vs Microsoft was next.

New Threads

Top Bottom