• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mom’s garden

Starflowerpower87

Should look nice in summer. I help her sometimes with yard work.
C02DA581-4B80-4CAC-841F-99E9B30E9547.jpeg

That will be beautiful! I had a similar circular herb garden once upon a time in my youth. . . I hope we can see a picture when its all done too. Someday I hope to do a moon light garden. Thats where its all night blooming flowers But sadly despite my love of plants I have a black thumb not green as they say.

Last edited:
Nice! I think gardening is very hard work. It would be cool if you shared another picture when it has all grown in.

Gardening has always been my favorite hobby.
Vegetables and flowers.
Alas, now I can't get out there and do it since I've lost most of my ability to walk.

Hope you share a photo when it is grown!

Gardening has always been my favorite hobby.
Vegetables and flowers.
Alas, now I can't get out there and do it since I've lost most of my ability to walk.

Hope you share a photo when it is grown!

I'm not as mobile and limber these days as I used to be, either. I do a lot of container gardening because I don't have to bend over as much or weed the containers. Lots of vegetables grow great in big containers: tomatoes, peppers, herbs, lettuces, etc.

I’m afraid of gardening because of tics. I don’t want Lyme disease. You can grow plants inside if you can’t go out. I’d rather grow outside though because I don’t want a mess in my apartment. Maybe someday I’ll get a plant.

I’m afraid of gardening because of tics. I don’t want Lyme disease. You can grow plants inside if you can’t go out. I’d rather grow outside though because I don’t want a mess in my apartment. Maybe someday I’ll get a plant.

Wear white pants outside during tick season. You can even tuck your pant legs into your socks. I garden during the summer season in a heavy tick area (both deer ticks and wood ticks). I wear all white; pants and a long sleeved white sun shirt. Ticks seem to be less interested in hitching a ride on white clothing and even if they do they're very easy to spot on the white. Although when they're in their nymph stage they can be the size of a speck of ground pepper, but still easy to spot upon close inspection on the white clothes.

I love the idea of using found items as planters. And the owl adds such mirth. What a fun garden!

Mazel tov! You can tell your mother, "Well Done!"

New Threads

Top Bottom