• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Chello

Makira

Hi, I'm Makira, I'm 30 years old and talked with two different psychiatrists earlier this year about potentially getting an autism diagnos. I have been struggling at my old jobs, often being criticised for missing "obvious" things, taking too long with some tasks and not really socializing with coworkers very much. For a long time I thought people were overreacting or were rude, but looking back on my childhood, there are lots of things, both big and small, that made me quite different when I think about it. The psychiatrists I talked with both said autism is possible, so I have been put on a waiting list to potentially get a diagnosis.

I went to a speech therapist when I was little because I had a difficult time talking in first grade (stuttering). I'm sensitive to feel (I really hate dirt, stickyness and insects landing on my skin for example) and sounds, to the point of becoming sad or enraged sometime if it bothers me too much. Loud chewing noises, mosquitos near my ears and dogs non-stop barking in the distance are examples of things that can make me furious. I get tics very easily too and it's easy for me to focus on things I enjoy, but a lot more difficult to focus on things I don't like or care about. That, combined with my lack of social skills and a few other smaller things makes us suspect I may be on the spectrum.

Anyway, I was able to finish college and I now work part time on games as a game developer and part time with other things to help pay the bills. About to start a new job as an assistant very soon actually. I like making games as it lets me be creative and not be surrounded by people all the time. I really love forest walks too. I have this special interest in learning every single road and forest in the area. I have been to nearly every nature reserve in the area and I'm definitely going to explore more places further away during summer. There's just something soothing about exploring peaceful environments.

My introduction became longer than I expected it to be. Guess I had a lot to get off my chest. :)

Hello and welcome.

Exploring the roads and forests in a systematic way sounds wonderful - intriguing and soothing at the same time. 🌳🌳🌳

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Hello and welcome.

Exploring the roads and forests in a systematic way sounds wonderful - intriguing and soothing at the same time. 🌳🌳🌳

Hope you enjoy the forum.
Yeah! So much to find around here. Not only beautiful forests, but abandoned houses, old cultural things, animal skulls and on rare occasions, stuff people have thrown out that still works. I have gathered a few souvenirs over the years.

Glad to have you with us, @Makira

I can relate to certain sounds, like loud chewing, being obnoxious. I've always hated when anyone who chews with thier mouth open. It's disgusting on so many levels.

I've also gone through speech therapy for stuttering around the same time. Though my stuttering, from what I suspect anyway, was more from the daily stresses of my less than great home life.

Anyway. I hope you enjoy your time here with us and if you have any questions. We will be more than happy to answer them.

Hi and welcome. I think you will find lots of friends here.
Your description of why you suspect you may be autistic is a good description of me.
Makes me feel I'm not alone!
Thank you for that!
However, I never finished college. My social anxiety is at crippling levels making college impossible for me. However, Life ended up well for me regardless.

Glad to have you with us, @Makira

I can relate to certain sounds, like loud chewing, being obnoxious. I've always hated when anyone who chews with thier mouth open. It's disgusting on so many levels.

I've also gone through speech therapy for stuttering around the same time. Though my stuttering, from what I suspect anyway, was more from the daily stresses of my less than great home life.

Anyway. I hope you enjoy your time here with us and if you have any questions. We will be more than happy to answer them.
I appreciate it, thanks :). And yes that is obnoxious indeed. For me that also applies to burping and smacking lips between sentences. Like, I can't wear headphones while listening to certain youtubers for example simply because they burp or smack their lips from time to time

Hi and welcome. I think you will find lots of friends here.
Your description of why you suspect you may be autistic is a good description of me.
Makes me feel I'm not alone!
Thank you for that!
However, I never finished college. My social anxiety is at crippling levels making college impossible for me. However, Life ended up well for me regardless.
Thank you kindly :). You are never alone ⭐. Glad life ended up well for you. I hope the same for myself too. Not that I'm in a terrible spot or anything, but I'm still figuring some things out. Too bad the waiting time to get a diagnosis is so long, especially since children are prioritized. I get why they are prioritized, but I don't like having to wait for so long

I appreciate it, thanks :). And yes that is obnoxious indeed. For me that also applies to burping and smacking lips between sentences. Like, I can't wear headphones while listening to certain youtubers for example simply because they burp or smack their lips from time to time
Snoring is my nemesis. For some reason, I cannot sleep if there's even faint snoring audible. Burps don't bother me but smacking of lips and noisy eating is really obnoxious.

Snoring is my nemesis. For some reason, I cannot sleep if there's even faint snoring audible. Burps don't bother me but smacking of lips and noisy eating is really obnoxious.
Understandable. Tough for me to sleep with any sort of noise around me

Understandable. Tough for me to sleep with any sort of noise around me
It is specifically snoring that does me in. Traffic, wind, rain, children playing, dogs barking, music, as long as they are soft and in the background; they're like white noise to me, and I have no problem falling asleep. Television and radio are fine as long as it is boring.

Hi, I'm Makira, I'm 30 years old and talked with two different psychiatrists earlier this year about potentially getting an autism diagnos. I have been struggling at my old jobs, often being criticised for missing "obvious" things, taking too long with some tasks and not really socializing with coworkers very much. For a long time I thought people were overreacting or were rude, but looking back on my childhood, there are lots of things, both big and small, that made me quite different when I think about it. The psychiatrists I talked with both said autism is possible, so I have been put on a waiting list to potentially get a diagnosis.

I went to a speech therapist when I was little because I had a difficult time talking in first grade (stuttering). I'm sensitive to feel (I really hate dirt, stickyness and insects landing on my skin for example) and sounds, to the point of becoming sad or enraged sometime if it bothers me too much. Loud chewing noises, mosquitos near my ears and dogs non-stop barking in the distance are examples of things that can make me furious. I get tics very easily too and it's easy for me to focus on things I enjoy, but a lot more difficult to focus on things I don't like or care about. That, combined with my lack of social skills and a few other smaller things makes us suspect I may be on the spectrum.

Anyway, I was able to finish college and I now work part time on games as a game developer and part time with other things to help pay the bills. About to start a new job as an assistant very soon actually. I like making games as it lets me be creative and not be surrounded by people all the time. I really love forest walks too. I have this special interest in learning every single road and forest in the area. I have been to nearly every nature reserve in the area and I'm definitely going to explore more places further away during summer. There's just something soothing about exploring peaceful environments.

My introduction became longer than I expected it to be. Guess I had a lot to get off my chest. :)
I'm taking a computer technician course now. What programing language do you use for games?
I also paint with spray but now i have no money for the spray cans. It´s bery dificult for me to keep a job, i´m always beeing fired because i´m too honest and i tell people what i think of them right in their faces =)
I´m impressed by your presentation you are a strong person, keep fighting don´t give up.

I'm taking a computer technician course now. What programing language do you use for games?
I also paint with spray but now i have no money for the spray cans. It´s bery dificult for me to keep a job, i´m always beeing fired because i´m too honest and i tell people what i think of them right in their faces =)
I´m impressed by your presentation you are a strong person, keep fighting don´t give up.
Hello. I use C#. You are strong too :3, thanks

New Threads

Top Bottom