• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Minds eye, sixth sense, intuition?

Rocco

Wandering Trainwreck
V.I.P Member
Do you ever have an inexplicable feeling, knowledge, or emotion that rings alarm bells in your head?
Not literally hearing bells, unless you too have tinnitus. What I mean is when you just know something you can't, or have premonitions, or have an uncanny awareness.
I don't really believe in psychics and such, but I have learned over 33 years, to trust my "subconscious?"
I don't know how to explain.
I have had many ideas or "feelings" over the years, many I ignored to my detriment. Other times I followed this "instinct" and it served me well.
I awoke today with a tension and anxiety that seems uncalled for. As though something bad will happen.

It's more than a fleeting idea or just an "off" morning, it's consuming me, this peculiar emotion.

I fear this post does not express my intent.

I sometimes sustain what I refer to as an "energy drain" when entering spaces with paranormal activity.

When it comes to my basic intuition, I tend to follow it rather than ignore or resist it.

Yes...it IS very difficult to explain.

I awoke today with a tension and anxiety that seems uncalled for. As though something bad will happen.

When I was a teenager and young adult, I had feelings like these. I just knew something bad would happen, and I was usually right. Once I started noticing this, though, I started fearing every bad feeling I had, and then it wasn't so accurate anymore. Still, when it happens now and catches me off guard, it portends some unpleasant event that's going to take place in the near future. I'm just not as sensitive to it as I was when I was young.

I don't know what to think of psychics and the like. I know some police departments have benefited from psychics, so maybe a rare few are legitimate. I don't think it's 100% accurate though, or at least the interpretation of the feelings/visions aren't 100%.

I've had some interesting experiences in my life that led me to keeping an open mind about such things.

Yup. Me, my mom, and her mom all have "premonitions". Not predictable, not guaranteed, but there are occasions we'll get a bad feeling or something, and we'd know before hand if something bad happened. My grandmother has the odd ability of smelling funerary flowers not long before she's informed somebody has died. My sister completely missed this, but she has had one alarming gut feeling once, so maybe she did get some of it. My joked about power lies in jinxing people. My husband doesn't buy into that stuff, but he has on occasion told me to be quiet because he doesn't want something bad to happen to him that day. I got him a LOT of extra hours at work when we were dating! I seem to intuitively know that the opposite will happen a lot of the time.

My wild dreams sometimes come into play for me. There have been many times when I'll have a strange segment that doesn't blend in with the other insanity I see at night, and then within the next few years I live it. To me, it's letting me know I'm where I'm supposed to be in life. I distinctly remember one case of dreaming I was sitting in a camper with three people, which later turned out to be my D&D group I had just met and we were having a final session outside before parting for the night. Once I dreamed I was playing some silly little game with lots of fruit at the house of someone I knew well, and that turned out to be Adventure Island at my now ex-boyfriend's place. I remember one dream of it being very brown and black with strange orange lighting and this big vibrantly pink person, which was later one of my night classes stepping outside for a smoke break and a heavyset girl wore a Barbie pink jacket. And then one of the spookiest was watching these strange helicopters get blown to bits, then the phone rang but the guy answering it had trouble and passed it off to a guy sitting next to me. It was me a few years later watching Avatar with my boyfriend and his dad, and his dad gave his cell phone to my boyfriend to try and do something with the call settings. The Avatar scene was so freaky because I remembered it in perfect clarity from the dream when I watched the scene with them, and I had never seen that movie before. There's been several other minor incidents that I recognize when they happen, but they don't leave that heavy of an impression on me. I also recognized one of the end scenes of that naked blue guy movie when they were in this big chamber facing off against a bad guy. Weeeeird...

As for career psychics and stuff, I'm dubious. I don't know if that's even a skill that can be honed, or if it's even possible to have at all despite some rather interesting dreams and feelings I get. But mediums and fortune tellers are one of of my favorite characters in fiction, so I give them leeway.

New Threads

Top Bottom