• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Me against the world.

Not going to lie here. These are depressing times. People are having a hard time coping with the pandemic. It is shoving our face more with doom and gloom. Some how, you need to find small things to propel you forward and stay afloat. If you think you are seriously depressed, get some meds and then taper off. Do you cycle thru depressive modes? Sometimes keeping a daily journal helps with analysing feelings and stepping back and being more objective and holding yourself emotionally accountable. The tough thing about adulting is taking responsibilty. I would rather have my own pity party. But l force myself to deal with my crap, because somehow l get life points in the game of frikken life. The thing that kicked my butt is that nobody is going to clean up my life except me. We do control our thoughts not the other way around. l believe you have a lot of supporters here. Keeping being you.

Last edited:
I do have many supporters here, but I also have mortal enemies here who seriously want me to die for their pleasure.

I was told quite a few times by my mother that I was supposed to be a miscarriage and that I was not supposed to be born at all to begin with.

Woah! Your mother told you that? That is just beyond mean if she said that out of malice. Or did she have birth complications? I had to be born prematurely.

Woah! Your mother told you that? That is just beyond mean if she said that out of malice. Or did she have birth complications? I had to be born prematurely.

She told me that the doctors told her that she would give birth to a dead fetus. She also told me she was disappointed I was born alive.

I think this forum and the world in general just might be a better place without me in it.

I was told quite a few times by my mother that I was supposed to be a miscarriage and that I was not supposed to be born at all to begin with.

Yet, here you are. Inspite of what she said. You were suppose to live. God created you, me, everyone on here with a purpose in mind. Can't say what but, there is one.

You sound depressed. Can you take yourself out for a walk and raise your spirits? Do you need to talk with a friend? What helps when you are down?

I do have many supporters here, but I also have mortal enemies here who seriously want me to die for their pleasure.

Logically, I know this is merely paranoia and delusion. Emotionally, it becomes overwhelming and powerful. Every time I slightly displease somebody, I start to feel like that person wants me to die, and I start to crumble. I have been displeasing a lot of people in my life, and I do not give myself a statute of limitations.

You sound depressed. Can you take yourself out for a walk and raise your spirits? Do you need to talk with a friend? What helps when you are down?

Right now, not much is helping me out of feeling down. What used to work was going to a gym, or going to a bar, or going to the movies, or hanging out with one of the several RL friends I used to have in my life. I am getting less than one hour a week of friendly face to face time these days.

This sounds really difficult. You have some useful strategies that normally work, but covid is making them hard to do. You're extrovert, which makes the covid situation so hard to put up with.

I think it may be worth having a brisk walk for an hour or so, despite that it's not ideal for you to walk alone, as it tends to raise your spirits even though you may not feel like going anywhere. It will also be good for your health generally and it's a short term distraction.

When vaccines are rolled out, you will be able to do those enjoyable things and mix with others, this is just a short term strategy for feeling down prior to the release from covid restrictions. We had quite a lot of freedom from it in the summer here, even without vaccines, so I am thinking it will recede again in a while hopefully.

Could you try out @Sherlock77 s absorbing interest of photography? He likes to photograph people. Bet you could get some great shots, while out and about even now.

She told me that the doctors told her that she would give birth to a dead fetus. She also told me she was disappointed I was born alive.

No mother should say that to a child. Ever.
Your mother is not normal, i say this as an objective person who doesn't know you
I recommend you to see a psychiatrist if you can. You sound like you're suffering and you don't need to.

This sounds really difficult. You have some useful strategies that normally work, but covid is making them hard to do. You're extrovert, which makes the covid situation so hard to put up with.

I think it may be worth having a brisk walk for an hour or so, despite that it's not ideal for you to walk alone, as it tends to raise your spirits even though you may not feel like going anywhere. It will also be good for your health generally and it's a short term distraction.

When vaccines are rolled out, you will be able to do those enjoyable things and mix with others, this is just a short term strategy for feeling down prior to the release from covid restrictions. We had quite a lot of freedom from it in the summer here, even without vaccines, so I am thinking it will recede again in a while hopefully.

Could you try out @Sherlock77 s absorbing interest of photography? He likes to photograph people. Bet you could get some great shots, while out and about even now.

Someone called me?

Walking is excellent, there is lots of information out there about that, I do think photography (even with your smart phone) gets you even more engaged with your surroundings, I have more interest than the average person admittedly.

Still finding myself very distracted these days, world news is becoming very negative and I'm having a hard time focusing on things I need to focus on, like my job search... But right now my head is so scrambled, I need to go for a walk, just the walk itself (no matter what photos I might take, might not take)

@KagamineLen And I'm sorry for what you are going through right now, but learn to be yourself and be patient with the times as they are, it does sound like you know yourself quite well

If God were merciful, he would have taken me before I was born.

2c8db26bab229a20e32b661edde4a423.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom