• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Looking back, how have you progressed?

2022 a year of moving forward!

First time moving out in my 30+ years of existence.

Cut binge drinking/blacking out on occasional nights out from my life.

3 promotions now I’ve found my strengths that I can hyper focus on.

Learning more about myself mentally and knowing when I’m going to push myself over the edge into burnout so I rest up before then.

After 3 months of waiting I got a call on Friday that I’ve finally been accepted to a GP after being unregistered for 2/3 years.

Here’s to 2023 and continually trying to improve and learn more about myself!

Trying to keep the positives in mind rather than the negatives…so:

- I had a full time job — and successfully did it well Despite The challenges that came from it…
- I got a part time job in the between — and successfully did it well that if they have positions I will be considered.
- I interacted with people at comic con — big issue here for me because I dont usually do this.
-I continued to improve my sewing Skills — I completed a ton of projects over 2022.
- Started to workout again — and got a really nice bike too.
- used my hobby as a means to help my mental health …also got space to do my hobby in a studio.

I hope that 2023 continues to find ways for me to improve and get better. And I hope that 2023 brings everyone luck, happiness and joy.

Also Happy Birthday @Aspychata and @Atrapa Almas

Let's flip this out and tell us how you have grown and improved over the past year.

What a great idea for a thread!

My main self-improvement has been in the sphere of self-confidence and neediness. I am much less apologetic than I used to be and come across as more confident of myself. I've gotten to editing out a lot of the "in my opinion" or "I think" peppered throughout my messages and have mostly stopped apologizing to people as a reaction unless I have legitimately wronged them in some way. Apologizing for something neither person is bothered by is simply self-flagellation masquerading as courtesy. It adds to the confusion and makes both participants feel needlessly guilty.

I have also learned a lot about myself and people in general, especially since joining the forum. I even gained a new friend I can freely talk to. Though the event itself is horrible, I've learned a whole lot about sociology, history and psychology by delving deep into the Russia-Ukraine war, and I've strengthened my relationship with my mother even though we remain quite distant in terms of certain views.

On the negative side, I feel more lazy than I have felt in years, and am somewhat restless and unsure about where I'm heading due to my lack of motivation, but that's for this year's self-improvement. Thank you all who have participated in the thread. I really liked reading about your incredible achievements. I won't single anyone out, but seeing your responses made me feel more hopeful. I'm very happy I found this forum and appreciative of the wonderful community here.

What a great idea for a thread!

My main self-improvement has been in the sphere of self-confidence and neediness. I am much less apologetic than I used to be and come across as more confident of myself. I've gotten to editing out a lot of the "in my opinion" or "I think" peppered throughout my messages and have mostly stopped apologizing to people as a reaction unless I have legitimately wronged them in some way. Apologizing for something neither person is bothered by is simply self-flagellation masquerading as courtesy. It adds to the confusion and makes both participants feel needlessly guilty.

I have also learned a lot about myself and people in general, especially since joining the forum. I even gained a new friend I can freely talk to. Though the event itself is horrible, I've learned a whole lot about sociology, history and psychology by delving deep into the Russia-Ukraine war, and I've strengthened my relationship with my mother even though we remain quite distant in terms of certain views.

On the negative side, I feel more lazy than I have felt in years, and am somewhat restless and unsure about where I'm heading due to my lack of motivation, but that's for this year's self-improvement. Thank you all who have participated in the thread. I really liked reading about your incredible achievements. I won't single anyone out, but seeing your responses made me feel more hopeful. I'm very happy I found this forum and appreciative of the wonderful community here.
That was the whole point of this thread. (You found me out :))

I got a job, and learned a LOT.
I also learned a lot in terms of socially interacting with people.
I learned to believe in people's goodness a bit more.

I managed to return to college and get a good grade on the course I took. I also socialized at the music shows I went to. :)

I just wish I could say I have a girlfriend and that I’ve escaped my mother. :( I am turning 35 this year and it scares me that I’ll be an old man who never got married.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom