• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Least favorite smells...

Brony714

My own evil twin...
Is there any smells you don't like, or can't stand? I would have to say my absolute worst smell is nail polish(although I do like how it looks on a woman's nails)...

Me, I love wearing nail polish! The smell is not too bad as I have a rather weak sense of smell but quite sensitive sense of hearing. Sensory complications aside there is a smell I actually cannot stand and that is of PlayDoh believe it or not. As a child it really made me sick to my stomach a couple times and I have avoided it ever since. That stuff is just nasty to my senses especially smell ironically.

I was always into more sophisticated things anyways. ;)

Spray deodorant is really irritable to me, think it's partly due to smell and part chemicals in the air. I have to use roll-ons for deodorant.

These scents assault my senses and are very offensive or sickening
Least favorite/ most disliked smells;
Italian salad dressing,
balsamic vinegar,
unwashed humans,
animal (or dry human) urine, burning plastic,
molten salts,
Bengay-icy hot- (topical muscle creames)
The scent of cooking oil, grease, or lard in the air.
A cigarette smoldering on the ground or in an ashtray touching anything,
Cheap perfume/cologne,
Dead bodies,
Tear gas (obviously)

I hated hypoid gear oil,sulphurized cutting oil,liver cooking and urine

Meat cutting plants smelled like death,so I hated them too ;)

I now would welcome any smell again as my olfactory function option was deleted when I broke my brain :(

I drink coffee, but in our town there is a 'coffee stall', hundreds of different types and the smell just hits me like a brick, I do my best to not have to walk past it grrrrrrr

Lavendar, which most people enjoy and although I do love the smell, its gives me a migraine

Oh yeah, definitely burnt stuff and stuff that is seriously burning. Not firewood but I mean like... Anything else. Especially food. Stuff that's not supposed to burn.

Whatever carries that essence of "life". Flowers, outdoor smells...that sort of thing. The only thing I want to smell is death.

Whatever carries that essence of "life". Flowers, outdoor smells...that sort of thing. The only thing I want to smell is death.
I don't suppose you live in New Zealand do you? Because there is a dead possum decomposing next to my drive and it reeks like hell, and I would be delighted if you would come and remove it for me.

Is there any smells you don't like, or can't stand? I would have to say my absolute worst smell is nail polish(although I do like how it looks on a woman's nails)...
Same thing here! Although there are certain elevators that pick up their own dubious scent as well.

Bleach. Makes me retch.

Saffron. I like the taste of saffron if not overdone but the smell is horrible.

Spinach. Smells like metal and rancid.

Since you mentioned cleaners, let me mix ammonia with your bleach. Ammonia makes want to cut my nose off with a buzz saw!

A good old-fashioned White Castle fart! My dad could clear out the entire HOUSE with one of those! Even burnt hair was positively aromatic in comparison to THAT!

New Threads

Top Bottom