• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Learning Disability?

The Lovely Lexi

Hello everyone. Not sure if this is the right section, but I wanted to bring up a concern. I wanted to know if having some type of learning disability such as ADD and ADHD are somehow linked to having ASD. I noticed that I tend to find it hard to concentrate when studying and doing homework, which results in poor grades from time to time. I suspect I might have ADD, and I wanted to know if anyone else has this problem. Thanks!

I suspect I have ADHD too, because it’s hard for me to concentrate over 10min while learning new and hard stuff. But I have been told if you can focus about 10min, I’m ok…and when I talk to my friends, most of them seem have hard time of concentrating when they learning something hard.

I have those same problems. The only time I can really focus is when I am interested in a subject. Things that don't interest me, forget about it... I take medicine for add, and it really doesn't do much for me.

Same for me, and I seem to drive myself crazy overthinking my inability to concentrate on basically anything unless I am obsessed with it.

Some have one or the other, others have both ASD and ADD, or something else. There are various executive functioning problems you can have with ASD without it necessarily being ADD, also. Sometimes ADD and ASD can be confused for each other too, by the people diagnosing.

Yup, an unknown kind. I have a great vocab and was almost like a prodigy with words back in the day. Read early, and all that. Then "it" hit.

SO it was all confusing because I looked on paper so able, but could not do it. Got all confused. If it was not words, could not do it. Took me a decade (literally) to get through one year---I just refused to give up.

Ummm, now I gave up. I am such a werido, but at least now they know why (Chrom 6 Aberration). WIsh I had known earlier................

I can learn from reading but not verbally. The words fly all over the place but don't lodge properly in my brain. I was diagnosed with nvld, and hfa. I find conversations challenging.
I suspect add because I am often all over the place with multiple projects &/or chores; but wasn't tested for that.

I'm Aspie, and I was tested by the local Autism centre last year for LD, and they said I do have slight LD. However, contrary to the opinion of most of the Internet, I am NOT retarded.

Hello everyone. Not sure if this is the right section, but I wanted to bring up a concern. I wanted to know if having some type of learning disability such as ADD and ADHD are somehow linked to having ASD. I noticed that I tend to find it hard to concentrate when studying and doing homework, which results in poor grades from time to time. I suspect I might have ADD, and I wanted to know if anyone else has this problem. Thanks!

This is the kernel of me being here on this forum. I am a class act ADHD/dyslexic. I am learning more and more that there is still a mystery encompassing me. I am starting to suspect HFA/AS. But I feel alone as this idea perplexes me. It is encouraging to know that someone else is wondering similar things. I wonder if there are others out there (i know there must be)?

New Threads

Top Bottom