• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last thing you ate

Today I had a Danish for breakfast and homemade roasted red pepper soup, tonight it's going to be crepes with raspberries

Ohhh so hamburgar helper is like left over hamburgar mixed into Mac and cheese.

LOL. Not exactly.

More like a ready-made product to make a (fresh) hamburger-based casserole easier. But yes...it usually involves pasta of some sort. There are many varieties. Just not with recycled hamburger.

Last edited:
Hamburger helper is similar to those knorr or other brand pasta and sauce mixes, or other dish-making kits. Hominy is corn that has been treated with an alkali, traditionally this would be wood ash but nowadays lye is used. A similar process is used to treat corn used for tortillas. It sounds scary but no lye remains in the finished product, and it is necessary as it enables the b-vitamins in corn to be released and destroys certain natural substances in corn that block b-vitamin absorption from other foods. Historically severe deficiencies resulting from daily consumption of corn that had not been treated with lye, were widespread in the Southern US. There was a similar problem in Italy with polenta, as the traditional polenta was not corn but chickpea flour. When the corn version became widespread, serious problems occurred. In the US now all corn meal, flour and cornbread mixes, as well as corn flakes are either treated with lye or heavily fortified with B vitamins.

Thank you astroganga like knorr made sense. Water + wood ash = lye anyway but I'd presume the stuff made in a chem lab is far more convenient.

Big salad with lots of different things in it. I add almonds and sunflower seeds, some olive oil, lots of tomatoes, walnuts and my girlfriend got me some Stilton cheese.

I used to eat the same thing at the same time every day. But I have been forcing myself to vary my diet. It is hard. I always seem to want to wander back to repeated patterns. Actually I guess I have created a variation - I eat the same thing every other day.

Many times I've told my girlfriend that I find eating a bother and wish there was a tube I could fuel up with in the morning and once at night. I do enjoy food but it does not matter to me. Takes so much time and effort. To me, other things are much more important and interesting. But I cannot go without eating. I have tried in the past but it makes me sick.

Made chicken kebabs soaked in coconut milk, with red peppers and zucchini, and calrose rice.

Spelling zucchini freaks me out, two c's right beside one another!

Frozen peaches, blueberries, peanut butter, oat bran,
nutri yeast, almond meal, cashew & almond milk, whirred
in the blender.

Broiled red potatoes, carrots, asparagus and yellow beans. A glass of soy milk and a cookie.

Oh, I see. It was "a" cookie.
Not "the" cookie. OK, then. :p

All these impossible stories about secreting 'cookies' created an extreme desire to eat cookies. Last night I made thirty peanut butter cookies with flax and wheat germ, eating exactly one. Husband loves them, I have an intolerance to peanuts, so I won't be eating more than that initial cookie.

New Threads

Top Bottom