• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just took the Aspie test again. Score worse. No hope.

But the score is really bad. My neurotypical is only 20 of 200.

I don't see it as really bad. I see it as more definitive of having answers, and a direction to go about your life. I realize the tests are informal guidelines, but I think there is meaning behind them. I have a fairly high score on several tests, and it makes me feel better, like I finally have answers and feel I belong somewhere. I have found a lot of good information and a lot of good people in this forum.

Some people will enjoy your social awkwardness. Some people like that. It's not inherently bad.

Sometimes it puts people at ease because they see you're more uncomfortable than they are! :D

Who thought beside here. My family thinks I am weird even though they don't say it I know that they are thinking it.

Who thought beside here. My family thinks I am weird even though they don't say it I know that they are thinking it.

Nothing wrong at all with being weird. Everybody is good at things. By having a different way of thinking than most, yes you may struggle with things, but you can also accomplish things that are difficult or impossible for many other people.

The last thing you should be doing is taking the results of the Aspie Quiz (or whatever it's called) as absolute truth.

I would say to practice the art of not giving a damn sometimes, but there's no one-size-fits-all approach. Go easy on yourself!

Last edited:
I thought you said your family is mean and they don't even call you weird? :eek:

My family has said: weird, strange, what is wrong with you, why are you like this, what are you doing, why are you doing this, you pretend to be weird for attention, you can just stop being like that, you don't have to be like this, you're illogical,

and that's all I can think of for now.

And yet...

I love myself! :eek:

How did that happen? o_O

My family has said: weird, strange, what is wrong with you, why are you like this, what are you doing, why are you doing this, you pretend to be weird for attention, you can just stop being like that, you don't have to be like this, you're illogical,

They seem like solid folk.

I love myself!

How did that happen?

You're an idiot.
Is that the reason?

(Joke disclaimer -- I think the opposite of the joke.)

so you got 2 options:

give up, and settle for a lifetime of being a loner

or

see this as a realization of the obstacle you need to overcome to get to where you want in life and get to work.

you seem to not like where your life is at right now and that's perfectly fine and normal. it's an indication that you need to change something. it's won't be easy but it's in every way doable. get started now!

You tell me I have any hope with a score of 175/200 and a neurotypical score of 20/200. Really I see people social skills here with 150 or lower. Never mind my weird meltdown problem "which can really make the score 200" really maybe with a score like that I should stay in bed all day and night and just listen to Ambient Music.

So with a score that high I could never be in any new social environment.
Where can we take this test? Is it free online? Sorry for my dumb questions.

Where can we take this test? Is it free online? Sorry for my dumb questions.

I believe there are many of them and to compare scores with him, you'd have to be told which one he took. I could be wrong. I just wanted to answer because I felt that you thought they were dumb questions, and they aren't.

And now I wonder where the missing five points from his score went! :eek: I didn't notice that before.

I believe there are many of them and to compare scores with him, you'd have to be told which one he took. I could be wrong. I just wanted to answer because I felt that you thought they were dumb questions, and they aren't.

And now I wonder where the missing five points from his score went! :eek: I didn't notice that before.

Thanks for your kindness always, Fino:)
The test I found online was a bit different - like marks out of 50 (xx/50).

I always see people here posting their aspie score (xxx/200) and NT score (xxx/200). That's kind of interesting, to have the nt score too. I would like to know that one. (Somebody posted it in reply to my introduction post, but I couldn't find even my own post anymore :coldsweat:)

Thanks for your kindness always, Fino:)
The test I found online was a bit different - like marks out of 50 (xx/50).

I always see people here posting their aspie score (xxx/200) and NT score (xxx/200). That's kind of interesting, to have the nt score too. I would like to know that one. (Somebody posted it in reply to my introduction post, but I couldn't find even my own post anymore :coldsweat:)

I believe your post was a bit more difficult to find since you didn't make your own introduction thread but instead posted in a thread for introductions.

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

This link should take you to the post where you quoted the information you are currently seeking.

I still recall when I was in some real denial about the possibility of being on the spectrum of autism. So much so that at the time, the first few times I took the Baron-Cohen Autism Quotient Test I lied to myself about who and what I am. Enough to score a mild "28".

Ironically my ability to determine patterns relative to results made it easy to "fudge" the results. Gee, I wonder why? :p

Eventually when I came to terms with the likelihood of being on the spectrum, I sucked it up and retook the test and answered honestly to myself. Scored a "41". Yeah. It's who- and what I am. And I'm ok with that.

Still mind-boggling to me that my NT brother took the same test and scored a "12". o_O

But it's still just a test. Just another benchmark to ponder- and not a comprehensive diagnostic tool.

Last edited:
I noticed that too which makes me think that the actual test is just bull and I am starting not to believe it. I am also going to remove it from my signature.

Update it is gone from my signature.

I noticed that too which makes me think that the actual test is just bull and I am starting not to believe it. I am also going to remove it from my signature.

Tests of this sort have their place. But again, they are no substitute for an individual and comprehensive diagnosis. I mean, would anyone go around judging people's ability to succeed based on their SAT scores?

Of course not. A test is a test. A benchmark. An estimate in a certain time and place. No more, no less.

If anything, consider such tests to be merely a "tool" in giving you a frame of reference of sorts. A "starting point" in which to investigate the possibility of one's autism even further.

It did ask me before I even took the bogus test if I am nervous around people and must have automatically deducted five points. Then most likely asked me mostly socializing questions which it did.

Yea Right like I am going to trust a test that deducts from my NT score before I even start.

It did ask me before I even took the bogus test if I am nervous around people and must have automatically deducted five points. Yea Right like I am going to trust a test that deducts from my NT score before I even start.

There are so many tests out there that take very broad and subjective things like human behavior and quantify them into some numerical value.

That alone often seems inherently flawed and arbitrary. Such a number gives us a point of reference, but it doesn't establish how accurate it may actually be.

What I see as being helpful, is when you can take your results of a battery of such tests and come up with an aggregate conclusion. Perhaps with an unmistakable pattern.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom