• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just took the Aspie test again. Score worse. No hope.

Tony Ramirez

Single forever. Friends?
V.I.P Member
You tell me I have any hope with a score of 175/200 and a neurotypical score of 20/200. Really I see people social skills here with 150 or lower. Never mind my weird meltdown problem "which can really make the score 200" really maybe with a score like that I should stay in bed all day and night and just listen to Ambient Music.

So with a score that high I could never be in any new social environment.

Last edited:
Just because you score high in this particular test DONT change ANYTHING . you`re STILL exactly the same person you were before you took this test so DONT let this bring you down (HUG )

SO ? I have takend this as well as most other Autism tests out there (+ on all other diagnosis i have ) and im HIGH on ALL of them but im not getting my self down due to it. + As you also probably seen they state CLEARLY that this is NOT meant as diagnose and only professional evaluation can diagnose properly

If I would have taking the test about 18 years ago when I had friends I would have most likely scored around 140 or lower so my social skills have gotten worse since then once I lost them.

The test isn’t meant to accurately measure your social skills and its results shouldn’t be interpreted that way. You’re just messing with your own head.

It’s just a test that the professionals will update and rework in a few years anyway.
Don’t take the test again, just do the best you can with making friends and stop getting so down on yourself.

From what i can see youre alredy diagnosed with Aspergers so this should only be a further confirmation on what you alredy know, thats how i see all the test i´ve takend for all my diagnosis. As Braided pony says i would also suggest you stop taking those tests as it will mess with youre head.

And again with or without a piece of paper stating you have this or that diagnose (incl takend online tests ) DONT change who you were before.

Btw on this test i got

Final version 4

Thank you for filling out this questionnaire.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 144 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 54 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

So for me its just validation on my official ASD diagnose

Don't try to change reality, and don't cling to negativity and things that rate you in comparison to others. Work with what you have. Imagine: you have eggs, butter, flour, sugar, salt, vanilla, and dark chocolate. Don't lament not being able to make a Spanish omelette with asparagus and hollandaise sauce. Perfect cookies and cakes instead. Inject some positive success into your world, no matter how small. Steps in the right direction get you to where you are going. Be patient with yourself.

You tell me I have any hope with a score of 175/200 and a neurotypical score of 20/200. Really I see people social skills here with 150 or lower. Never mind my weird meltdown problem "which can really make the score 200" really maybe with a score like that I should stay in bed all day and night and just listen to Ambient Music.

So with a score that high I could never be in any new social environment.

Ok, why shouldn’t you? Because you might make someone uncomfortable? Forget that. The world is full of people who are “different” in some way or another. If everyone who was “different” stayed in bed all day, there would be no one out and about at all. People need to learn that there are all sorts of people in the world - tall people, short people, fat people, skinny people, people with low IQ, people with high IQ, people with musical talent, tone-deaf people, and so on. If they hadn’t learned this basic fact in grade school, they should go back for a refresher.

The way you improve your social skills is by practice, so go out there and practice. Yes, you’ll screw up. But if you keep practicing, you’ll get better.

Thanks but I was completely honest with every question.

What Bolletje was talking about when she said "messing with your own head" has nothing to do with honesty. It has every thing to do with you convincing yourself that you have terrible problems. Most people here are on spectrum and have the same problems to one degree or another. Why not focus on the positives of being on the spectrum. As far as I am concerned the positives out weigh the negatives by a long shot.

As someone who has first hand knowledge of deficits I have overcome, it is very important to remind many that no matter how poorly they think their own life is, there will never be a shortage of those worse off that would be willing to have it as good as you do.

The negative beast is a prolific breeder, so I suggest that you don't feed it.

I can appreciate an Aspie's preoccupation with quantitative analysis. Including my own. ;)

However I would never seriously assess much of anything based on the results of any one test.

That to come up with a consensus of such a thing like one's own autism would involve many observations including multiple tests and interacting with my own kind, that all rationally point towards a single conclusion.

As someone who has first hand knowledge of deficits I have overcome, it is very important to remind many that no matter how poorly they think their own life is, there will never be a shortage of those worse off that would be willing to have it as good as you do.

The negative beast is a prolific breeder, so I suggest that you don't feed it.
I think you are right even watching those AMSR sleep videos on YouTube the ones that do the videos say there life's are hectic even saying it is socially bad sometimes for them too so they let out there stress and tell you too do the same.

Last edited:
I think you are right even watching those AMSR sleep videos on YouTube the ones that do the videos say there life's are hectic even saying it is socially bad sometimes for them too so they let out there stress and tell you too do the same.

Exactly! I hear stories from other moms sometimes, and I can't believe how busy some of them are. If you decide to get out and socialize more, do it on your terms instead of falling into that busy-ness craziness.

And if you want better social skills, practice them, even if it's just trying to do small talk at a convenience store. That's pretty easy because it's just saying the same things over and over again, and we excel at that. :tearsofjoy:

You said it yourself--that you lost social skills when you lost friends. So it stands to reason that if you find a way to get out and talk to people, you will regain those skills or learn new ones. Even if the test were a measure of your ability to take part in a social group--which it's NOT--it still wouldn't be measuring your ability to change and adapt to new situations.

New Threads

Top Bottom