• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It happened.. my diagnoses is official.

Shaun-Junior Bishop

After 3 years of fighting, today was my assessment and after 3 and a half hours they confirmed my autism. I honestly don't know how i feel.

For the past 3 years I've felt like a liar, not knowing who i was and now all the stuff i was blamed for as a child i couldn't help.

I feel so overwhelmed and i can't thank anyone enough in this forum for all the support you have given me. I finally feel like i understand myself, you guys never judged me for saying i was on the spectrum and i cant thank everyone enough.

No one should have to feel the way i have for 3 years, constantly feeling doubt.

If you are waiting for a diagnoses or have had one and did not get what you wanted or needed, from a person that has gone through it. It is okay to self-diagnose. You know how you feel and you know when the world around you makes no sense. No one can fight you on the feeling of feeling like you belong in a community. Never let anyone make you feel bad. You are autistic without a diagnoses and i know that now.

Take your time to figure out how you feel. There’s no rush in it. I know it took me months. But hey, welcome to the club ;) Did you get the official robe and pointy hat?

After 3 years of fighting, today was my assessment and after 3 and a half hours they confirmed my autism. I honestly don't know how i feel.

For the past 3 years I've felt like a liar, not knowing who i was and now all the stuff i was blamed for as a child i couldn't help.

I feel so overwhelmed and i can't thank anyone enough in this forum for all the support you have given me. I finally feel like i understand myself, you guys never judged me for saying i was on the spectrum and i cant thank everyone enough.

No one should have to feel the way i have for 3 years, constantly feeling doubt.

If you are waiting for a diagnoses or have had one and did not get what you wanted or needed, from a person that has gone through it. It is okay to self-diagnose. You know how you feel and you know when the world around you makes no sense. No one can fight you on the feeling of feeling like you belong in a community. Never let anyone make you feel bad. You are autistic without a diagnoses and i know that now.
I am astounded that they Fought you on it ,if you’ve got classic autism and they couldn’t recognise it , i’m astounded they ever diagnosed me ,let’s face it I’m not part of the masculine gender, i’m waiting for the day when they say I’m not autistic, if they made me feel bad it would’ve been bearable making you feel like a hypochondriac it’s indescribable.

I'm relieved that you finally know, and it confirms things for you. Knowing eventually will help your perspective and your family's.

If you are waiting for a diagnoses or have had one and did not get what you wanted or needed, from a person that has gone through it. It is okay to self-diagnose. You know how you feel and you know when the world around you makes no sense. No one can fight you on the feeling of feeling like you belong in a community. Never let anyone make

I am so sorry.

Not sure how you feel about this. If you're like me this is the end of all your friendships and your ability to love yourself.

I would just say this:. Autism is a subjective and judgement based diagnosis. Somewhere there is a doctor who will swear you are not autistic.

Maybe try to find them so you can love yourself again?

I don't know. I've heard people say the diagnosis was liberating. If that's you great. I personally believe nobody should be diagnosed unless it's absolutely positively necessary

New Threads

Top Bottom