• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is it Normal That I Make Friends With Girls Easier Than I do Other Guys?

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
For some reason, and I don't know why, I make friends with girls in my age range 14-18, than I do with guys. I have only 6 male friends, 2 of which talked to my older brother a lot before he started to become busier with school and getting his own apartment, and 1 of which I have been best friends with since the 6th grade, and now me and him are sophomores in highschool. Those are the ones I have seen face-to-face in person. The fourth or fifth male friends I have were guys in a few of my online school classes that just so happened to have the same interests as me, and we've been friends ever since (I started online school freshman year). The 6th male friend is somebody I have known because he went to the same church I used to go to with my family all the time, and have known each other even before we were old enough for youth group. So, either I became their friends either from my brother introducing me to them, the fact that I saw him every day at school, by coincidence, or because our parents practiced the same religion. All of my other friends are girls. I know about 14 or 15 people I can call friends, excluding family members such as siblings, cousins, etc. So, if my math is correct, 57-60% of my friends are girls. Can anybody else relate to this?
Edit: Corrected math-induced brain fart.

Last edited:
I don’t think the math is correct.
Oops. Sorry. I must have forgotten to multiply the percentages of male friends I have by 100, and then subtracting those numbers from 100, and then divide the numbers resulting from that by 100 in order to solve for the percentage of female friends I have. Rookie mistake, I know. Sorry about that. I feel so embarrassed right now!

I knew it was wrong but didn’t know how to figure it correctly! So what is the percentage of female to male friends?

I knew it was wrong but didn’t know how to figure it correctly!
Yeah, I think one of my teachers told me it's an easy way to know a percentage of the minority/majority of data. She could it the triple 100 method, I'm pretty sure. It was from 6th or 7th grade, and I didn't learn crap in my 6th or 7th grade classes, so it may not be either of the teachers I'm thinking of. It could be my dad, who is basically an expert on math. He's even an expert on geometry, even though he's working as an accountant for a prescription medicine company.

I don’t know if it’s “normal” or not, but I don’t see anything wrong with it unless you are over 18. If you are an adult male then you have to be careful when you have friends that are still children.
Then it is no longer a question of if it is normal but a question of avoiding misunderstandings that could lead to legal problems.

I don’t know if it’s “normal” or not, but I don’t see anything wrong with it unless you are over 18. If you are an adult male then you have to be careful when you have friends that are still children.
Then it is no longer a question of if it is normal but a question of avoiding misunderstandings that could lead to legal problems.
It's all plutonium, and most of them are high-school age. The youngest of my friends is 8th grade, though I haven't seen him in a while.

Last edited:
Isn’t plutonium a really really dangerous radioactive material? Lol! I think your auto correct changed platonic to plutonium.

There's a good rule of thumb someone thought me "if you want to get more answers online you do the most work so people who read do the least work" this makes chances of getting answer better because people are busy/lazy, now your thread looks like a mess you got to revamp it and put it into one clear and short message.

I didn't have any friends when I was your age. Is that normal?

Is what's normal relevant to anything? It says under your name "professional weirdo" so are you just wondering if it's normal out of curiosity? Or maybe you're hoping it's not normal, because normalcy would threaten your job as a professional weirdo!?

I'm just being silly; I think you'll be fine.

I always enjoyed being friends and talking with guys more than women.
The things that most girls/women were interested in I wasn't. Simple as that.
I don't know about that being normal and never cared.
It just meant my personality didn't match the majority of my gender's.
Or at least the ones I knew anyway.

I don't think it is a question of normal or abnormal but just who you are. There is neither anything positive nor negative about it. I knew another guy that had more female friends than male. The advantage was he never had any problems getting into relationships because he knows how to talk to women. :)

For some reason, and I don't know why, I make friends with girls in my age range 14-18, than I do with guys. I have only 6 male friends, 2 of which talked to my older brother a lot before he started to become busier with school and getting his own apartment, and 1 of which I have been best friends with since the 6th grade, and now me and him are sophomores in highschool. Those are the ones I have seen face-to-face in person. The fourth or fifth male friends I have were guys in a few of my online school classes that just so happened to have the same interests as me, and we've been friends ever since (I started online school freshman year). The 6th male friend is somebody I have known because he went to the same church I used to go to with my family all the time, and have known each other even before we were old enough for youth group. So, either I became their friends either from my brother introducing me to them, the fact that I saw him every day at school, by coincidence, or because our parents practiced the same religion. All of my other friends are girls. I know about 14 or 15 people I can call friends, excluding family members such as siblings, cousins, etc. So, if my math is correct, 57-60% of my friends are girls. Can anybody else relate to this?
Edit: Corrected math-induced brain fart.
You are very normal Joshua. I have always preferred the company of females and rarely have had males friends.

I don't think it is a question of normal or abnormal but just who you are. There is neither anything positive nor negative about it. I knew another guy that had more female friends than male. The advantage was he never had any problems getting into relationships because he knows how to talk to women. :)
I don't think that it's because I know how to talk to them. I don't think any guy knows who to talk to women properly. Lol. Maybe I prefer to mostly have female friends?

I don't think that it's because I know how to talk to them. I don't think any guy knows who to talk to women properly. Lol. Maybe I prefer to mostly have female friends?
I don't understand women and I am married and have a daughter. They are different to us, which is probably why I like to be around them. Having said that, it can be difficult to ask a girl out on a date. Well that could be a whole new thread or website for that matter.

I have always preferred the company of females and rarely have had males friends.
Not saying everyone who likes to talk with girls is like this, but.

Ive encountered guy in university he would have conversation with me and another guy then two girls he was friends with show up in the room and he instantly cuts off in middle of conversation and runs towards them like a puppy. I think he was in their friend zone at best, but he was like disgrace of men in my eyes no backbone they probably considered him as another girlfriend.
This was in late 90s, long before i found out that some women women like to be friends with gay man like go shopping with them etc.

Something tells me when men grow up without a father figure (raised by single mothers) then he have nowhere to copy men traits from so he copy behavior of his mother, which is opposite sex...

New Threads

Top Bottom