• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is it Normal That I Make Friends With Girls Easier Than I do Other Guys?

No, not really. I'm talking about in my age range, so not adults. It seems like teenage guys are more likely to act irrationally than adults, because puberty, obviously.

I don't necessarily mean older. But it seems like you said no then went, in this post and the one below, the ways that men are indeed more threatening? Irrational, combative, dangerous.. maybe I misunderstood somewhere. :confused:

I don't necessarily mean older. But it seems like you said no then went, in this post and the one below, the ways that men are indeed more threatening? Irrational, combative, dangerous.. maybe I misunderstood somewhere. :confused:
I'm talking about guys my age. I don't like a lot of them.

Yes. I wouldn't associate it with autism. If I'm a ladies boy and you call it autistic that's calling Chris Pratt autistic.

I wonder if it is easier to get along with the opposite sex is because those of our own tend to critically judge us depending on our "sameness". I get along better, much better, with men. I don't like stereotypical "woman" stuff like getting my nails done or romance stories or jewelry, I don't like talking about Real Housewives or who wears what at red carpet events. I just don't care. I know not all women are like that, but enough so that it has been my general experience. Also cattiness, which I can not stand. Many men also don't care about those things and I think it is a relief for them to have a woman around who is also not interested in those things. It is different for them, and there is no pressure to try to impress me because I want friendship alone. Also, for example, I like watching movies with people exploding and monsters - many men can't enjoy that with other women. Possibly your female friends like having a male friend where they don't feel they need to impress you and can just be themselves. Not saying you want to get your nails done and watch Real Housewives, lol, but maybe because you are not seeking to jump in their pants it is a relief to them that they can just relax and enjoy your company. They don't have to impress you for mating ritual purposes which is a lot of work and very stressful.

The only thing that might not be so "normal" is having 15 friends unless friends and acquaintances are all the same to you. Most people only truly have enough close friends to count on one hand.

New Threads

Top Bottom