• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is anyone obsessed with a musician/Music?

I've alway liked some country music and their respective artists, I guess it's kind of a nostalgic thing for me as that's I heard a lot growing up. Although recently since discovered him I've been kind of obsessed with Chris Ledoux. I had heard a few of his songs that I really liked. I just never made the connection to the artist until a few months ago.

I have loved George Michael for about 35 years ! His voice soothes me and his lyrics are so meaningful. On a bad day I need to listen to him !. My son draws a picture of him for me every mother's day !.

I've got a real obsession with both Jonathan Young and Caleb Hyles at the moment - two YouTube artists who do cover versions of various songs.

Here's the pair of them doing individual covers of Frollo's song "Hellfire" from Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame, both of which I think are awesome in their own ways.

I obsess over many artists and listen to at least two of the artist's songs everyday until I get burnt out. For the last 12 years I've listened to Elvis and The Beatles songs every day. I only listen to music that was released before the 90s.

In 1990-1992 I was obsessed with the group Wilson Phillips. Something in the blend of their voices. I collected everything about them, photos, songs, articles... It faded but I still would love to meet them someday.

Later on I discovered Belinda Carlisle and I've been a huge fan of her ever since. Also Patty Smyth, Tiffany, Aimee Mann, Laura Branigan, Martika, Cyndi Lauper, Suzanne Vega, and many others from that era.

Kind of focused on Jeff Beck [the genial Stratocaster electric guitar player]
In fact I strongly suspect he's slightly autistic - just like me.

I'm a huge Dolly Parton fan. Her songs speak to me in so many different ways. Sometimes I'll sit there for hours with a feel-good playlist of her tracks, or I'll spend a week listening to the same song over and over.

Not a "typical" musician for someone my age to listen to, but I blame my Mum's 2nd husband listening to her music a lot when I was growing up for exposing me to it in the first place...

I've been particularly enjoying the music of Nick Cave, with both the Bad Seeds and Grinderman, since I was introduced to it. I find his melancholic music very relaxing/soothing and share his dark sense of humour.

Music theory, music history, every genre I can explore, I'm obsessed with it all. Primarily I'm into Renaissance, Medieval, and Baroque western music, but the other main musical culture I like the most is Hindu and Carnatic music. Was listening to this earlier:

Thanks for the sharing of the Machaut mass--have you heard the recording made by Ensemble Organum?

I too love Baroque music, Renaissance music, Medieval, and especially plainchant (particularly the recordings performed by Anonymous4.

New Threads

Top Bottom