• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is anyone obsessed with a musician/Music?

Lavaiso

I've been obsessed with an artist called Grimes for 2 years now. I used to be obsessed with Grunge rock bands like Nirvana and a genre called Witch house (was a phase)

I am interested to know other people's favourite artists here :)

Lately, I've had a massive obsession with all things 'Radiohead'. I've always loved 'OK Computer' but lately I've been listen to strictly their discography as well as Thom Yorke's, Jonny Greenwood's and 'Atoms for Peace'

I am currently obsessed with a band Palace Winter, they are a duo with various other musicians who step in and play along with them from time to time. The two main guys both have a lot of other musical projects on the go. Really really unique and interesting music. I also love The Stone Roses and always have, but prefer their earlier work, and Belle and Sebastian, their best work being their earlier work but I feel in the past few years they are back to their best.

Being a old guy, my preference in music is probably different from most here. I like classical or ambient music for relaxing or when I am driving. I also like classic rock, particularly British rock bands. My absolute favorite band is Pink Floyd. David Gilmour is the best rock guitarist on the planet.

I also like classic rock, particularly British rock bands. My absolute favorite band is Pink Floyd. David Gilmour is the best rock guitarist on the planet.

Yep. And Jimi Hendrix, Tom Scholz, Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Dave Stewart, Prince, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Lindsey Buckingham, Mark Knoffler, Eddie Van Halen and Carlos Santana.

But that's just my list, and I know there are more one could add. :cool:

Yep. And Jimi Hendrix, Tom Scholz, Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Dave Stewart, Prince, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Lindsey Buckingham, Mark Knoffler, Eddie Van Halen and Carlos Santana.

But that's just my list, and I know there are more one could add. :cool:

And a good list that is, particularly Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page and Carlos Santana.

I don't have any particular artists that I'm obsessed with. There's nothing wrong with classic rock, but don't like to listen to the same songs over and over anymore. I really liked the Sirus XM outlaw country station, but haven't listened to it for at least 4 years. I can't see paying for a full subscription price when I would only listen to one station.
I currently lean towards Texas/Red Dirt music, Americana Roots, Honky-Tonk, Outlaw Country and some XXX country music for the humor. Quite a few of the artists I listen to have songs on youtube with only a few listens. I go with what I like, and know it when I hear it.

Being a old guy, my preference in music is probably different from most here. I like classical or ambient music for relaxing or when I am driving. I also like classic rock, particularly British rock bands. My absolute favorite band is Pink Floyd. David Gilmour is the best rock guitarist on the planet.
I like classic rock too. Some of Pink Floyd's stuff is a bit too obscure/experimental for me but most of it is great.

I'm also quite a fan of classic rock and Brit rock, particularly "The Who" (I think that Keith Moon is the greatest and craziest drummer of all time), "Pink Floyd",""Fleetwood Mac", "Queen", "The Doors" and "The Jimi Hendrix Experience". I know that the last 2 weren't British but they're on the same league.

No offense, but I personally don't like Santana; I think he sounds very cheesy so I don' think he should have his name next to Jimmy Page and Eric Clapton.

Also love the classic Rock ... but my all time favorite is The Grateful Dead (I'm constantly re-obsessing and going back to this ... although I deviate often for a while ... also really like the new incarnation of the Dead with John Mayer)

Also love the classic Rock ... but my all time favorite is The Grateful Dead (I'm constantly re-obsessing and going back to this ... although I deviate often for a while ... also really like the new incarnation of the Dead with John Mayer)
Went through a deadhead phase as a teenager and ordered several of their classic albums via a US website, as some of them are hard to obtain here and this was before the days of good quality legit music downloads or streaming. My package then got impounded at customs and they slapped a £25 charge on it before they would release it, and my dad had to collect it from the airport too. Needless to say he was none too pleased. [emoji3]

Went through a deadhead phase as a teenager and ordered several of their classic albums via a US website, as some of them are hard to obtain here and this was before the days of good quality legit music downloads or streaming. My package then got impounded at customs and they slapped a £25 charge on it before they would release it, and my dad had to collect it from the airport too. Needless to say he was none too pleased. [emoji3]
I've been in that phase for the last 20 years or so :) ... I have lots of live shows, all the Dick's Picks, and some vinyl too.

Brings up another question ... how many of you out there just love the sound/warmth of vinyl vs digital?

You're probably right, but I think he'd be hard-pressed to outdo this fellow when it comes to being a crazy drummer:

I don't know ... both great bands and drummers ... but as far as crazy goes, Ginger Baker would give them both a run for their money!

Umm, everyone please look up "Keith Moon 21st birthday party" and tell me whether or not he's the craziest drummer of all time, not to mention his obsession with blowing stuff up.

I don't know ... both great bands and drummers ... but as far as crazy goes, Ginger Baker would give them both a run for their money!

Oh no, I can't believe that I forgot about Ginger Baker. Brilliant brilliant drummer and exceptionally crazy. I think that's what makes a drummer great though, that eccentricity to add energy to their drumming and give the band that direction e.g I don't think that the "Jimi Hendrix Experience" would be as great as it was if it weren't for Mitch Mitchell's fast-paced, energetic and erratic playing.

I've got a bit of a thing for Disturbed at the moment; been hooked on listening to their newer tracks but I love most of the old ones as well:

1. Immortalized

2. What Are You Waiting For?

3. The Light

4. You're Mine

5. Save Our Last Goodbye

Last edited:
I've been mad on the singer, Meat Loaf since Christmas 1993 when I borrowed the copy of Bat out of hell II that my Uncle bought Dad, and been hooked ever since, seen him live 5 times, and seen 2 Meat Loaf tribute acts live.

New Threads

Top Bottom