• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is anyone obsessed with a musician/Music?

I love all types of music - I've never really differentiated just on genre/artist. So long as it is musically accomplished, interesting or challenging (with a reward!) then I'll give it some time. The only band (apart from the greats) that I still expect to get all three from on reliable basis is Radiohead...

Oh no, I can't believe that I forgot about Ginger Baker. Brilliant brilliant drummer and exceptionally crazy. I think that's what makes a drummer great though, that eccentricity to add energy to their drumming and give the band that direction e.g I don't think that the "Jimi Hendrix Experience" would be as great as it was if it weren't for Mitch Mitchell's fast-paced, energetic and erratic playing.

My friend once waited in a queue with Ginger Baker at a burger bar in Bristol after a gig at the Granary Rock Club...
Lately, I've had a massive obsession with all things 'Radiohead'. I've always loved 'OK Computer' but lately I've been listen to strictly their discography as well as Thom Yorke's, Jonny Greenwood's and 'Atoms for Peace'

My friend once waited in a queue with Ginger Baker at a burger bar in Bristol after a gig at the Granery Rock Club...

I can't fault them - they are always creative, always edgy, always musical, always beautifully produced, always changing, always moving forward, always on the pulse of current affairs, and always eloquent. Not to mention, bloody good live.

What do you think of the latest? Moon shaped pool....

I've been obsessed with an artist called Grimes for 2 years now. I used to be obsessed with Grunge rock bands like Nirvana and a genre called Witch house (was a phase)

I am interested to know other people's favourite artists here :)
Nirvana was superb... a real hotbed of talent - you only have to track the careers of the remaining original members... they had talent, motivation and music principles...

To me, there is nothing -- NOTHING -- like the band Muse.

Here's a Muse song called "Follow Me."
It starts with an annoying, syrupy-sounding beginning, but as soon as it picks up speed, it gets better and better. I liken the sound of Muse to the sight of fireworks above a bottomless pit.

Only recently started listening to Muse. Their set at Glastonbury was awesome. My son loves listening to Unsustainable in the car at top volume, and scaring his school mates.

I don't have any particular artists that I'm obsessed with. There's nothing wrong with classic rock, but don't like to listen to the same songs over and over anymore. I really liked the Sirus XM outlaw country station, but haven't listened to it for at least 4 years. I can't see paying for a full subscription price when I would only listen to one station.
I currently lean towards Texas/Red Dirt music, Americana Roots, Honky-Tonk, Outlaw Country and some XXX country music for the humor. Quite a few of the artists I listen to have songs on youtube with only a few listens. I go with what I like, and know it when I hear it.
I play Appachian Dulcimer, and so got into bluegrass / Early Americanfolk music (think, O Brother, Where Art Thou?). I love country, especially Alison Krauss and Union Station and also The Civil Wars. Beautiful vocals, all. Also love blues and Ry Cooder holds a special place in my heart...

I really like house music for two reasons. Electronically the sounds people can come up with are really innovative and interesting, like if you've heard dubstep, thats a pretty unique sound that probably wasn't possible before computers. But what I really like about house is how its so based around pattern detection and keeping track of the beat. Before this I rarely listened to any music, but now this kind of thing is all I listen to.

Good stuff - Always liked Orbital... The Ibiza sound of the 90s, generally...

Good stuff - Always liked Orbital... The Ibiza sound of the 90s, generally...

By t
I have to narrow it down? Geez! Haha.

I'll say Joanna Newsom, because she's so bizarre, unique, and a songwriting and musical genius, and has a penchant for collaborating with some of the best musicians (including Van Dyke Parks, on her second album, which dropped when she was a mere 24 years old). She's either an acquired taste, or you hate her outright.

Nice - reminds me a bit of Kate Bush and Jessica Pratt in equal parts...

I have eclectic taste in music, on vinyl I have Classical, opera and church organ however I do have Beatles only because someone gave it to me on my birthday which meant I had to get the rest on vinyl. On my huge collect on digital the artists I have everything of : -
Prince
Pink Floyd
Joe Bonamassa
Mark Knopfler
Adele
David Bowie
ABBA
Brian Eno
Fields of the Nephilim

I could go on!

Music theory, music history, every genre I can explore, I'm obsessed with it all. Primarily I'm into Renaissance, Medieval, and Baroque western music, but the other main musical culture I like the most is Hindu and Carnatic music. Was listening to this earlier:

Been obsessed with my namesake from a very young age. Have all his music and so fortunate to have a personal letter from him - one of my most treasured possessions. Also have a large collection of keyboards myself. Mask, Soil Festivities, Himalaya [from China album] - works of genius - emotional impact is beyond description.

I've gotten into thrash metal over the past couple of years. Megadeth is my favorite group, while Metallica and Iron Maiden are a very close second and third, respectively.

New Threads

Top Bottom