• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

intense bullying?

Plus, so many here have been hurt, including me, that I aspire to be a small bit of kindness in this world.
In my teens I read somewhere something to the effect "because I thirsted in the desert, I dug a well for those that would follow". I have always tried to be kind, or if just too exhausted for that level of interaction, to at least do no harm. It has been sort of my anti-bully mantra throughout life.

"because I thirsted in the desert, I dug a well for those that would follow".

It seems that most people who help bullied are those who already suffered it somehow.

People who managed to not being bullied are mostly the ones that will ignore bullying.

Thats how it works. So sad.

I've never been able to block out such memories, and I'm 67 years old.

Yes, you are not alone. Sadly the only successful way for me to deal with bullying was to step down and deal with them on their own terms. And at the age of 16 such bullying stopped.

When "the danger" passed, largely because I became "the danger" myself. Not as a bully, but one prepared to periodically beat the bullies up on their own terms.
Same here and I would love five minutes in a locked room with some of them. Bullies never remember their victims but the victims never forget the bullies. To this day, I still recall every face and name.

When I came home from the Army, I ran into some of my former bullies. They became quite respectful. Now that I'm in my mid 60's, people don't bully me because they know that 1) beating up an old man makes them look bad, 2) they could get beat by an old man, 3) the old man will probably just shoot them because at my age life in prison isn't much of a threat.

New Threads

Top Bottom