• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Info on Ultra Comfortable Clothes for Those with Sensory issues

LucyPurrs

NT, INFJ
V.I.P Member
Was thinking that as some people have sensory issues when it comes to clothing, I'd share some information on bamboo, tencel, & modal clothing. These fabrics are naturally incredibly soft , lightweight, easy to care for and made from trees. I have a bamboo t shirt and it's almost like wearing nothing. The fabrics breathe so you don't get hot and they are incredibly soft. So looked up some places in the US where you can get clothes made from these fabrics.

Here are the websites:

Cariloha www.cariloha.com/‎
Onno T shirt company ONNO bamboo hemp + organic t-shirts | ONNO t-shirt company
Big Boy Bamboo Big Boy Bamboo - Fashion in real life.
Tasc performance www.tascperformance.com/boutique‎
I think all but Big Boy have womens clothing as well as mens.

If you have any issues re clothing being uncomfortable (e.g. @Chance) try these t shirts and golf shirts. They really are worth the money.

Oh yeah! Hello! I have this bad, so for me, it's leggins with shorts so my arse is not sticking out, men's small long sleeve t-shirts (even in summer)---(women's Ts are all weird and scoop neck and all so I can't wear them). '
I wear a camasole under the t-shirt, you know. And a knit hat. Now you will recognize OkRad ! And let me tell you, it works. The whole outfit costs this much at Wal Mart ( I know, don't hate me. I can't afford Target)
1. Shirt , Mens smalll $5
2. Leggins. Childrens XL- between $2 and $4. I find the kids' XL leggins are perfect because the small womens are often too big and also ride down to show your arse. Pah! So kids' XL is just below the womens' Small, if anyone is wondering~
3. Cammisole- $2
4. Shorts- Kids' XL- $3
5. Knit hat- $2

So under $20 for one set. I have about 25 sets that I bought over a long long time........If I get over my terror that everyone here will think I am an idiots and 'fugly" if I post, I will post a pic.

Oh yeah! Hello! I have this bad, so for me, it's leggins with shorts so my arse is not sticking out, men's small long sleeve t-shirts (even in summer)---(women's Ts are all weird and scoop neck and all so I can't wear them). '
I wear a camasole under the t-shirt, you know. And a knit hat. Now you will recognize OkRad ! And let me tell you, it works. The whole outfit costs this much at Wal Mart ( I know, don't hate me. I can't afford Target)
1. Shirt , Mens smalll $5
2. Leggins. Childrens XL- between $2 and $4. I find the kids' XL leggins are perfect because the small womens are often too big and also ride down to show your arse. Pah! So kids' XL is just below the womens' Small, if anyone is wondering~
3. Cammisole- $2
4. Shorts- Kids' XL- $3
5. Knit hat- $2

So under $20 for one set. I have about 25 sets that I bought over a long long time........If I get over my terror that everyone here will think I am an idiots and 'fugly" if I post, I will post a pic.

There are tshirts in womens crew neck which I bet you'd love but they are a bit expensive. Post a picture- I highly doubt you look weird.

Was thinking that as some people have sensory issues when it comes to clothing, I'd share some information on bamboo, tencel, & modal clothing. These fabrics are naturally incredibly soft , lightweight, easy to care for and made from trees. I have a bamboo t shirt and it's almost like wearing nothing. The fabrics breathe so you don't get hot and they are incredibly soft. So looked up some places in the US where you can get clothes made from these fabrics.

Here are the websites:

Cariloha www.cariloha.com/‎
Onno T shirt company ONNO bamboo hemp + organic t-shirts | ONNO t-shirt company
Big Boy Bamboo Big Boy Bamboo - Fashion in real life.
Tasc performance www.tascperformance.com/boutique‎
I think all but Big Boy have womens clothing as well as mens.

If you have any issues re clothing being uncomfortable (e.g. @Chance) try these t shirts and golf shirts. They really are worth the money.

The story about TASC is cool and explanatory... Clothes are a little pricey but once you read what they do to make them it makes more sense. I may order a couple of polos and give them a try... I found some soft ones at Academy Sports, but they smell funny even before you wear them, and if you sweat in them they stink... or at least I think they do. I have over active smeller so maybe no one else would smell it. I have this thing with B.O., even my own... I start wanting to gag if someone is wreaking.

If I sweat a lot like in the summer there is no smell and I always find that strange but the doc says at some point if you drink enough fluids and sweat a lot, it will become odorless because most of the poisons held in the sweat glands have been cleaned out... Yeah I discus weird stuff... : )

Big boy is outta my league lol... at 5'7 ish and 170 lbs those clothes would swallow me.

Thanks for the cool post...

The story about TASC is cool and explanatory... Clothes are a little pricey but once you read what they do to make them it makes more sense. I may order a couple of polos and give them a try... I found some soft ones at Academy Sports, but they smell funny even before you wear them, and if you sweat in them they stink... or at least I think they do. I have over active smeller so maybe no one else would smell it. I have this thing with B.O., even my own... I start wanting to gag if someone is wreaking.

If I sweat a lot like in the summer there is no smell and I always find that strange but the doc says at some point if you drink enough fluids and sweat a lot, it will become odorless because most of the poisons held in the sweat glands have been cleaned out... Yeah I discus weird stuff... : )

Big boy is outta my league lol... at 5'7 ish and 170 lbs those clothes would swallow me.

Thanks for the cool post...

I have the Cariloha t shirts and I love them. I put the Big Boy on because I'd no idea what size people are so wanted to cover the big and tall guys too. Cariloha's shirts don't smell, at least that I can smell and one of the properties of bamboo is that it antimicrobial so it's supposed to control body odor. Hope you find something that works for you here. I'd be totally miserable to be uncomfortable all the time.

New Threads

Top Bottom