• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

inate desire vs aspergers reaction

@ Kchapman: Same as always. I'm going in for my full assessment in 2 wks. the shrink I'll be seeing specializes in Dxing adults so it ought to be interesting. It'll take many visits to complete the process.

so you'd rather be told and be hurt than not told

Yes, definitely. Honesty is so much more reliable. Although, I should add, I seem to have a different standard for what I deem an "offense" than most people.

It's several times easier being on here. I know the people are like me in some sense, and if there are two ways to interpret something I will go with the nice interpretation. Based on context that usually makes more sense anyway, so it's not like I'm being extra tolerant or anything. I prefer to be able to rely on words alone; tones of voice often contradict the words they are saying.

At least you have a lot of insight into your own thinking, the ways you misinterpret things & can take the worst meaning. Many people Aspies & NTs alike need years of therapy before they gain any insight. The 2 of you just might not have been the best match. Hang in there, though. There are definitely women out there who'd appreciate you; perhaps someone who shares your chain maille talents.

Psychopath/sociopath you are DEFINITELY NOT!!!!! These thoughts that you are thinking are quite normal. Many people with ASDs have a strong desire to have friends; however, it is also true from what I've read that there are some things that prevent them from actually doing so, whether it's some thoughts they are thinking similar to what you describe or past experiences (i.e., feeling they don't "fit in" with others, having experiences where they have been bullied, being unsure of how to initiate conversations, etc.).

New Threads

Top Bottom