• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm new, any nerds out there?

Welcome, @Aesclipia! My three favorite movies of all time are Blade Runner, The Matrix and A.I. Artificial Intelligence — in that order. Does that qualify me to join the Nerd Club? :)

Lately, it's been RPGs and other open-world games. I also love vintage games, especially platformers, and been playing World of Warcraft off and on. I'm hoping that once I've saved enough, I can switch from my crappy, old lap top and get a better PC. For now, it's lag city.

Nice :D I'm a fan of older RPG's from the ps1 and snes era. and some ps3. Never really got into WOW but was heavy into DOTA 2 for a while.
Haha upgrading the PC can be so expensive :(

As for other nerdy traits well i study and research a ton. A variety of things but focus is usually brought back to the mind and health.

Last edited:
Guilty as charged. Nerd, Geek...it's all good. :cool:

Welcome to AC. ;)

Last edited:
Ya know! Speaking of being a geek/nerd. I always thought my social problems as a kid/teen where because I was a nerd living in a redneck rural country area. It made sense for me to believe that because my interests were way different than everybody elses. Of course, it didn't help to get my ideas about nerd/geek relations from a movie called "Revenge of the nerds". Once I became an adult and was able to move away from that rural town and into the city where I finally met some real-life nerds. I found out it was nothing like I envisioned it. The only thing I had in common with the nerds/geeks was the intellectual part. The social and cultural parts of it weren't there. It was a real heartbreak and is one of the main reasons why I never pursued a college/university education.

I'm not a nerd, though I wish I were. I've always been more of a geek or a dweeb and definitely a weirdo. :blush:

I never really looked up the meaning of the word.
Just had a general knowledge and feel of it.
Can't believe what I just found in the on-line dictionary.
A bit unattractive. Does fit me though.
Definition of NERD

New Threads

Top Bottom