• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Im Gary DuBois and Im a Bicycle Hobbyist please join my Bicycle Hobbyist Club :)

What bicycle brands do you like

• Total voters

Gary DuBois

Everyone is welcome and i want to make my very own bicycle hobbyist club here on aspies central where other bicycle hobbyist and bicycle enthusiast can come to talk and visit with other fellow bicyclist. My club on aspies central will be called ( Gary DuBois Bicycle Hobbyist Club ) i would like people to please post pictures of their bikes and anyone and everyone from the beginners to the pros are welcome to join my club simply private message me.

Thank You Gary DuBois.

I have a neglected, 1982 Schwinn Sidewinder (w/ drop bars*) and a 2012 Sun Atlas Cargo 24 trike that I ride 1,600+ mi/yr delivering local, free papers.

*I mostly uses it for on-road riding, but I bought a mountain bike because it is more sturdy and I can ride it off-road, when necessary.

Last edited:
I have a neglected, 1982 Schwinn Sidewinder (w/ drop bars*) and a 2012 Sun Atlas Cargo 24 trike that I ride 1,600+ mi/yr delivering local, free papers.

*I mostly use it for on-road riding, but I bought a mountain bike because it is more sturdy and I can ride it off-road, when necessary.
Neglected meaning you don't ride it much or its in bad shape ? and those are 2 nice and good bikes what colors are your 2 bikes ? How do you like delivering local free papers ?

How do you like riding on road compared to off road ?

Do you have pictures of your 2 bikes ?

I personaly enjoy riding on road and off road.

I'm more of a trike enthusiast I have a Di Blasi. I have this in red Mission Cycles Ltd
How do you like being a trike enthusiast and how do you like riding a trike ? I don't remember if i have ever ridden a trike but it looks fun :) when did you get into trikes ? do you have pictures of you and your trike ? and the Di Blasi looks like a nice trike but its not my style of trike. Thanks for sharing :)

How do you like being a trike enthusiast and how do you like riding a trike ? I don't remember if i have ever ridden a trike but it looks fun :) when did you get into trikes ? do you have pictures of you and your trike ? and the Di Blasi looks like a nice trike but its not my style of trike. Thanks for sharing :)
I love trikes and the history. I got into trikes because I wanted to ride a bike but couldn't because of my ehlers danlos syndrome and ataxia plus the physios and OTs said it would help my hips in particular. I am going to post some pics of my personal trike from my laptop later.

I love trikes and the history. I got into trikes because I wanted to ride a bike but couldn't because of my ehlers danlos syndrome and ataxia plus the physios and OTs said it would help my hips in particular. I am going to post some pics of my personal trike from my laptop later.
What do you love about trikes and what do you love about the history. I hope your ehlers danlos syndrome is getting better for you and i hope your ataxia is getting better too. Thank You for posting pics. Whats your height barefeet because im 6 foot 1.5 with boots on would i be able to ride a trike ?

Neglected meaning you don't ride it much or its in bad shape ?
I haven't ridden it for 14 years.
...and those are 2 nice and good bikes what colors are your 2 bikes ?
My Sidewinder is reddish brown. I bought it while I was in Navy training school, so I wouldn't have to rely on taxis.
My Atlas is yellow (shown below).
How do you like delivering local free papers ?
I like the exercise, 15.5 miles every delivery day.
How do you like riding on road compared to off road ?
I just happen to ride on-road most of the time (with enduro-style tires), but I can take unpaved hiking and snowmobile trails whenever I want to. Mountain bike frames & wheels stand up better to road imperfections, too. My industrial trike is at least as sturdy.
Do you have pictures of your 2 bikes ?
Not the Sidewinder, but here is a stock photo of the Atlas,
Atlus-Cargo.jpg

Trikes corner differently than bikes. (Switching between them is an adjustment.) I prefer my bike for straight riding, but my trike is better for ice, snow & hauling cargo.

I haven't ridden it for 14 years.

My Sidewinder is reddish brown. I bought it while I was in Navy training school, so I wouldn't have to rely on taxis.
My Atlas is yellow (shown below).

I like the exercise, 15.5 miles every delivery day.

I just happen to ride on-road most of the time (with enduro-style tires), but I can take unpaved hiking and snowmobile trails whenever I want to. Mountain bike frames & wheels stand up better to road imperfections, too. My industrial trike is at least as sturdy.

Not the Sidewinder, but here is a stock photo of the Atlas,
Atlus-Cargo.jpg

Trikes corner differently than bikes. (Switching between them is an adjustment.) I prefer my bike for straight riding, but my trike is better for ice, snow & hauling cargo.
Why haven't you ridden it for 14 years ?

Yellow is a cool and awesome color too :)

How and why do trikes corner differently is it just because a trike has a additional wheel in the back compared to a bike where it has 2 tires and i know quad means 4.

A trike looks fun to ride i have never been into trikes but im gonna start researching into and looking at trikes online on google and youtube.

A Unicycle isn't considered a bike right because it only has 1 tire ? and i personaly wouldn't like thos embulent or whatever they are called because they ride to low to the ground.

Why haven't you ridden it for 14 years ?
I am a caregiver for my non-verbal, LFA daughter and non-ASD wife. I can't be away from home for long periods of time.
How and why do trikes corner differently is it just because a trike has a additional wheel in the back compared to a bike where it has 2 tires...?
All three wheels stay on the ground during a turn. The rider has to lean independently from the trike. (You CAN raise a wheel off of the ground, but it isn't good for the frame.) At slow speeds, I can U-turn in a 3' radius, however. The coaster wheel actually rolls backwards when I do.
A Unicycle isn't considered a bike right because it only has 1 tire ?
That is true, but I think its biggest difference is that it isn't used for distances, since it doesn't have the power conversion gearing found on bikes & trikes.
...and i personaly wouldn't like thos embulent or whatever they are called because they ride to low to the ground.
You are talking about incumbent :oops: recumbent bikes and trikes. I've never tried one, but I've only seen them configured for on-road, not off-road.

Last edited:
Additionally, I recently bought a tandem trike for my LFA daughter. It is the same kind as the stock photo below, but dark pink (mauve?).
tritandem%20blue%20with%20backrest.jpg

Worksman TRI-Tandem trike​

Last edited:
I am a caregiver for my non-verbal, LFA daughter and non-ASD wife. I can't be away from home for long periods of time.

All three wheels stay on the ground during a turn. The rider has to lean independently from the trike. (You CAN raise a wheel off of the ground, but it isn't good for the frame.) At slow speeds, I can U-turn in a 3' radius, however. The coaster wheel actually rolls backwards when I do.

That is true, but I think its biggest difference is that it isn't used for distances, since it doesn't have the power conversion gearing found on bikes & trikes.

You are talking about incumbent bikes and trikes. I've never tried one, but I've only seen them configured for on-road, not off-road.
I hope and pray your non - verbal, LFA daughter and non - ASD wife are doing good.

A 3' radius is still pretty good for doing a U-turn and the coaster wheel actually rolls backwards as a safety response ?

I don't think i have ever ridden a unicycle but i probably wouldn't enjoy it because i don't have control when i want it like on a bike.

incumbent trikes are to low to to ground and i just think i wouldn't like the operating position.

Additionally, I recently bought a tandem trike for my LFA daughter. It is the same kind as the stock photo below, but dark pink (mauve?).
tritandem%20blue%20with%20backrest.jpg

Worksman TRI-Tandem trike​
How does your daughter like the tandem trike and how does she like riding it ? and what does mauve mean ?

I hope and pray your non - verbal, LFA daughter and non - ASD wife are doing good.
Thank you.
A 3' radius is still pretty good for doing a U-turn and the coaster wheel actually rolls backwards as a safety response ?
On a standard adult trike, power & brakes are only directed to the right, rear wheel. The left, rear wheel is free-spinning. They spin at different speeds upon every turn. If the turn is tight enough, it is like spinning in a wheelchair (in back).

Early automobiles had the same drive scheme until the differential gear was invented.

Thank you.

On a standard adult trike, power & brakes are only directed to the right, rear wheel. The left, rear wheel is free-spinning. They spin at different speeds upon every turn. If the turn is tight enough, it is like spinning in a wheelchair (in back).

Early automobiles had the same drive scheme until the differential gear was invented.
Your welcome.

Power is only directed to the right rear wheel ? why not also the left rear wheel ? wheel chairs where always boring and slow and heavy.

Power is only directed to the right rear wheel ? why not also the left rear wheel ?
Two-wheel drive would require a differential and that is too inefficient for a human-powered vehicle.
...wheel chairs where always boring and slow and heavy.
I was just describing how the wheels turn in that situation. To spin in a wheelchair, you have to push one wheel forward and the other one backward. A military tank does the same thing. ;)

i hope your non - verbal LFA daughter likes and enjoys her trike. I don't remember if i have heard of the shade of pink mauve.
Two-wheel drive would require a differential and that is too inefficient for a human-powered vehicle.

I was just describing how the wheels turn in that situation. To spin in a wheelchair, you have to push one wheel forward and the other one backward. A military tank does the same thing. ;)
I don't know if i would like riding a trike but i see good deals on trikes on craiglslist and i will research and look more into trikes.

New Threads

Top Bottom