• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you could would you paint the walls of your house

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
Like I would probably stuff it up but like art on walls like handprints, mushrooms, fairies, rainbows, colours, try to find a glitter paint
Seems like a good idea until...
Sensory overload
I am living in my mum's house and if I could I would get some paint and try to paint them
But she would not be happy with me...

Assuming I was actually an awesome artist - which I'm most definitely not - I would have one of my walls look like this:

Galaxy Drive.jpg

I found something better than paint some time ago, photo wallpaper. The pic is not from my home but I have that forest wallpaper on a wall here. Birch trees, I think it looks really nice.

forest.png

Birch are one of my favorite, if not my very favorite trees. That wallpaper is super nice.

It's nice, right? :) I think it looks so nice. And there are so many different types of photo wallpaper. This is another one I think looks really good:

birch.png

I'd do some of William Morris' wallpaper patterns. That way it could connect to a special interest, be a serviceable wallpaper, and be art in its own right.

I'm currently sitting in a room that was designed to look and feel like a movie theater. The deep red walls, black ceiling, screen on the far end for the projector I still havent learned how to use, and a theater curtain instead of a door, complete with one of those gold rope things. Giant wood letters on the wall spell "Hollywood" because the previous owners were really into movies.

It is my sanctuary. The rest of the house is controlled by the family, who are really rather boring in many respects. It's all that sort of minimalist "business first" design. All the walls must be either white, slightly off-white, slightly more off-white-ish, off-white #3 or barely gray almost maybe. There's exactly one wall (also in the basement) which is inexplicably painted a deep blue. I've no idea why.

Other than that, it's... yeah very boring.

It's a real shame, too, the previous owners of the house were very obviously artists, and originally the entire place was as creative as the Hollywood room. But the rest of the house was dulled down hard.

I really dislike areas with a lack of color or originality to them, but I cant make changes to the other parts of the house. I can just hold onto my weird room here.

Sometimes the floors look like water, stepping stones or some visual crater you feel like you can fall through lol. Then there are some screens above that play videos and you feel like the sun and birds are out, you feel there is more space and like you have nature above your head, that can play various seasons, day, night, etc.

Last edited:
I painted my ceiling white but mom put too much water in it so i broke my back lifting this heavy thing and pressing it all across the ceiling many times with little change apparent. Now the room is so much brighter, I'm not sure if it was worth it but it was the one thing I thought I could do. I didn't know some people add water in the paint and that some might add too much and that some paints can already be dilluted.

Ceiling painting is way too difficult and gets paint all over your face.

I painted white trees on one wall and tried to cover up the fallen pieces of colored wall. It's not too hard once you've made a tool that you keep stamping on the wall.

Last edited:
I’ve always wanted to paint my walls pink as a kid, still do because I love pink. Purple walls also sound nice
I had a choice between teal and purple. The teal was a hoax compared to what I wanted, too blue. :fearscream: Now it looks like a hospital.

Now if I had a choice I would likely choose some shades of amber or cream because hints of yellow and yellow light help the happiness hormone release as opposed to the blue light of the computer which destroys them. Perhaps my blue walls are destroying my sleep.

But my curtain is golden and the sun blocker curtain has a beautiful picture of an african sunset with those lovely sunset colors with animal shadows.

Twice I have moved into pink rooms and re-painted them blue. My house here has no front door, so I was thinking of painting one on. When I moved in the shed had one door in weathered plywood, and when I painted the house and shed I put "trim" around that side of the hacked doorway with only paint. It was a vast improvement. I have clapboard siding, and I have thought of painting each course in a different shade of the same colour, just mixing in more for each go around. .
Perhaps the most successful cheap decorating I've seen was in an unfinished basement. The walls had been created by just hanging oriental style carpets up, with a plush one on the floor. The ceiling was just thin cloth, draped a bit artistically and stapled to the joists, but there were also Christmas lights sitting on top of it, making a very magical looking space.

If my spouse and I ever own our own house, our dream is to make it as gothic / metal as possible, so while I'm not saying everything needs to be painted black, some things are definitely going to have to be.

The house I'm living in is definitely not creepy enough for my tastes. It's no wonder why no ghosts or demons have moved in; everything just looks like muted, semi-natural tones. So boring.

I'm also not opposed to a pink / black contrast going on somewhere / everywhere

I found some stickers that I could put on my walls, I put them on my furniture, like butterflies, flowers. They are double so they look like they have landed on, and wings are in the air.

Ceiling painting is way too difficult and gets paint all over your face.

I have just finished painting a ceiling and if you get paint all over you the paint is too thin and/or it's the wrong type of paint roller. With the right paint, right paint roller and a good extension pole, it should be problem free and a quick and easy job. Since it's just one big flat surface.

paint.png

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom