• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you could would you paint the walls of your house

I had a choice between teal and purple. The teal was a hoax compared to what I wanted, too blue. :fearscream: Now it looks like a hospital.

Now if I had a choice I would likely choose some shades of amber or cream because hints of yellow and yellow light help the happiness hormone release as opposed to the blue light of the computer which destroys them. Perhaps my blue walls are destroying my sleep.

But my curtain is golden and the sun blocker curtain has a beautiful picture of an african sunset with those lovely sunset colors with animal shadows.
You could.have a lion king circle of life wall.
I love yellow too, you have,good taste.
Yellow just makes me think of joy and happiness and like hope and new beginnings,as well as orange.

I'm currently sitting in a room that was designed to look and feel like a movie theater. The deep red walls, black ceiling, screen on the far end for the projector I still havent learned how to use, and a theater curtain instead of a door, complete with one of those gold rope things. Giant wood letters on the wall spell "Hollywood" because the previous owners were really into movies.

It is my sanctuary. The rest of the house is controlled by the family, who are really rather boring in many respects. It's all that sort of minimalist "business first" design. All the walls must be either white, slightly off-white, slightly more off-white-ish, off-white #3 or barely gray almost maybe. There's exactly one wall (also in the basement) which is inexplicably painted a deep blue. I've no idea why.

Other than that, it's... yeah very boring.

It's a real shame, too, the previous owners of the house were very obviously artists, and originally the entire place was as creative as the Hollywood room. But the rest of the house was dulled down hard.

I really dislike areas with a lack of color or originality to them, but I cant make changes to the other parts of the house. I can just hold onto my weird room here.
That sounds really cool=}

You could.have a lion king circle of life wall.
I love yellow too, you have,good taste.
Yellow just makes me think of joy and happiness and like hope and new beginnings,as well as orange.
Considering my philosophy about the circle of life I don't think I could, hehe. I also thought that the story of lion king was very shocking, I grieved the death for a while lol. But interesting idea, something similar definitely.

I really like sailor moon

Sailor-Moon-sailor-moon-7999428-764-1056.jpg
Sailor-Moon-High-Quality-Wallpapers.jpg
Sailor-moon-sailor-moon-crystal-38864334-1920-1080.jpg

I printed a sailor moon poster and fit it into a frame then hung it on my purse like a triniket with stickers on the frame and other trinikets.

Last edited:
After decades of living in our house and suffering through the kids' weird wall color choices, we have finally painted all walls and ceilings white. I love it. It looks clean and bright, and I can always change the furnishings, curtains, shades, rugs and art on the walls to get as much color and originality as I want.

I wish I could paint the outside of my house with this image!

That'd be amazing.
On a side note, if someone ever made a movie with Astronauts fighting Dinosaurs on the moon (I'm guessing the explanation as to "how" they were there would involve Aliens), I think that'd be a lot of fun. A daft popcorn flick, but still fun.

I’m moving to a new house soon and am planning to paint some of the walls. Most of the walls are pink now, and that’s not really my style.
Not gonna go with anything wild though, just light, muted colors.

I currently rent a house, and all the walls are white and I’m not allowed to paint them. What a bummer.

I don’t like having stuff on every surface of every wall, but I have put up a lot of photographs and a lot of my own artwork and I think it looks really nice.

If I could, I would paint some walls light pink, light turquoise, and pastel yellow. Or put up some wallpaper but nothing that stands out too much.

My grandparents had amazing wallpaper in their house and I wish I could’ve kept it. I’ll post some photos if I can find them.

I would, I already want to paint the hallway, and the kitchen
needs repainting also. Money is the issue, as most of our money
go to sustain our pack of stray animals and paying for bills.
But I have dreams, as color is so important to me. It's an obsession.
I love seeing rooms with beautiful colors, and home is very important
to me.

Twice, I've painted pink bedrooms blue. The first one was a single-room rental where I did some great design work, but, lacking permission, I had to do a good job for forgiveness. The second one I'm in now, in the house I bought for retirement. Any elaborate painting I'd do on something portable. I once started on a fancy painted border, and only got 1/8 of the way done. This house has quite a bit of floral wallpaper that I left undisturbed.

When I bought my house, I painted the exterior using some excellent but cheap recycled paint that was similar to the original colours. I also painted the garden shed, including an extra door that had been hacked in and left raw. I painted a false door frame around it, and I think all the neighbours decided I was OK. Recently, I replaced the roof with a fairly daring yellow. It still harmonizes, but if I re-paint again, it will also go with a colour I prefer. The house has horizontal siding, and I'm thinking of progressively mixing in white to shade each course differently.

I’m moving to a new house soon and am planning to paint some of the walls. Most of the walls are pink now, and that’s not really my style.
Not gonna go with anything wild though, just light, muted colors.
Colorful pastels might be nice. Pretty, yet muted.

One time, I painted a bedroom white, and wasn't sure if I had enough paint left for the closet. I was using a roller, and ran out with a lot of the old paint showing through. However, when it was half-dried, I used a brush to smear the still-wet dots over the thin areas, and it looked fine.
Sometimes, it is fun to use brushes with two different colours, and blend them in patterns. Interesting effects can also be had with a contrasting layer being modified with thinners and/or absorbent wads before it dries. Gravity can do most of the work with the thinners.

New Threads

Top Bottom