• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you could have any super power.

I already have a super power my, autism , at least from the perspective of many NT'S. I can see connections they all miss. they see the forest in spile of the trees.

So many to think of:
1. To be "all knowing" of this world and the universe.
2. To be able to heal myself and others to the point of being nearly immortal.
3. To have an unlimited capacity for learning.

I already do if we're to compare ability to the population norm. An eidetic memory combined with the ability to hyperfocus seems like a superpower to many.

But staying with the superhero theme, it comes with deficits that make me vulnerable to modes of attack; non-verbal cue and Theory of Mind deficit makes me vulnerable to manipulation.

And like Jean Grey to the Phoenix, a deficit in controlling rage, manifesting Dark Phoenix if I'm too irresponsible with my surroundings, my intake of substances even when not illicit, and people I allow in my life.

But if we're being serious, Wolverine's healing ability.

I would like to have any of a wolverines abilities. They are the true badass of the woods.

I would like to have any of a wolverines abilities. They are the true badass of the woods.
Agreed. One would have to be incredibly strong to be an empath. Presumably that would come from being a super power. My work has been generally in ways to alleviate pain and/or increase quality of life.

That would be the initial tongue of about 30 meters of Class IV in Quebec. I portaged. I was just looking for a photo that might show in a tiny space some white water.
One of the few pictures of me in whitewater. Zoom Flume on the Arkansas in Colorado at the entrance of Brown's Canyon in my Mad River Flashback. I made it but needed to bail all the water out. A lot even with airbags. My spouse eddied out above that big wave and peeled out to ride the crest with a big smile on her face.
432a7-1044654893-L.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like fun. Was this day trip? You can risk more on a day trip in a group, especially if you have some trained rescuers.

Yeah. I paddle an open canoe. ;)

I did the upper Hudson tandem in an inflatable self-bailing kayak. I've done some class III, but on wilderness trips, limit myself to class II. Although I'll line if there's a sneak route. :)

Maybe I should have wished for a white water super power. :):):)

Looks like fun. Was this day trip? You can risk more on a day trip in a group, especially if you have some trained rescuers.

Yeah. I paddle an open canoe. ;)

I did the upper Hudson tandem in an inflatable self-bailing kayak. I've done some class III, but on wilderness trips, limit myself to class II. Although I'll line if there's a sneak route. :)

Maybe I should have wished for a white water super power. :):):)
On wilderness river trips I will tag along with a rafting group who will carry gear. I've done some of America's classic class IV, Big Mallard on the Salmon, Hell's Half Mile on the Green through Lodore, and I've been maytagged too. Last time was the Green through Desolation canyon running at 29,000 fps. the worst on these trips was camping above a big drop and listening to the river mocking you all night.

If I were going to have a super-power I think I would shoot for being able to change any event in the past or present so that the outcome would benefit the present and the future of the world as a whole. That is somewhat godlike in that I could be making decisions for mankind without their being able to consult. Obviously that would necessitate having a public website where the world could weigh in, but as I would be able to see the outcome of any alteration, it would just be an advisory board without any real power. ;)

Reading minds, I would never be in the dark of peoples actual intentions again. Should be a no brainer for any autistic to go with this one.

If I could turn back time... An aspie often goes through life unintentionally hurting others and you don't realize what you did until many years or even decades later.

Reading minds, I would never be in the dark of peoples actual intentions again. Should be a no brainer for any autistic to go with this one.

Sounds good,...as long as you could control it enough to turn it off/on and focus upon one mind at a time.;) I couldn't imagine lying next to my wife in bed while I am trying to sleep,...and "listening" to her download the days events, her plans for the next day, the next project she wants me to do around the house, etc....I'd need to shut that off.:D Walking through a crowd of people listening to a cacophony of thoughts,...inner and outer,...talk about being overstimulated.

I need two actually. One would to be able to enlarge things at will and another would be to be able to communicate with insects.

1962-Topps-Mars-Attacks-Card-34-Terror-In-The-Railroad.jpg

To combat global warming of course.

;)

To be able to 'mind-meld'

This would enable me to 'see' what neurotypical (and basically anyone) people actually mean in conversations and what content of my reply would be best. Harmony!

New Threads

Top Bottom