• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I wrote a book (4 minutes long) that talks about my daydreaming and my autism in general

This is written 100% by me in the space of around 20 hours. I hope it gives a valuable insight into me and yourselves :)

Attachments

• The Truth Behind my Daydreaming (1).pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
Very well written,thought looking, and insightful. It was done in a very inspiring and captivating way, with the font changes, photos and other elements.

I think daydreams are one of the most powerful tools we have to change our lives for betters or worse. Although why each of us daydream can differ, I do feel they can be very telling of who we are, were, or want to be. They can tell us of our important experiences, interests, needs, fears and dreams.

What is great about daydreams is that there is no cost and not much effort involved, if we have that ability to do such, which I feel most of us can. And yes, we can do it at any time, even if just for a few seconds or so. Everyone's will always be very uniquely different from others, and we can choose to daydream of any positives we want, and repetitively too, no matter how surreal or real.

There is no such thing as mistakes in daydreams, and we can never be critiqued or rejected for those as we do them in silence. Our daydreams can pat ourselves on the back, have us succeed where we never succeeded before, make monsters not so scary, and create unique masterpieces every time if we wish or prioritize that. We can speed daydreams up, slow them down, reverse them to play back, and fast forward them to get to the end desired result right away.

One of the reasons I said not too long ago in a travelling thread I did not have a travel place I would like to go to is because any new place would bore me. This is because no matter how scenic new places would be, I visualized hundreds of thousands of times before, something more calming, prettier, and more inspiring. Our brains can create a more beautiful world to escape those times of need, make us more calm, wiser and stronger too.

If it were not for graphic positive daydreams, I would still be that shy little kid afraid to meet others. I would be that person who let critiques and rejections forever keep me down or angry. I would be that person who blamed others for my problems. And I would be that person who would not stand out positively in a crowd of many. Daydreams motivated me more than any person ever did. They motivated more than any information I have ever seen.

Daydreams got me through those traumatic high school and childhood years. They got me through boring lectures. They lifted me up when I had no friends. They drifted me away to safer places. They caused me to start getting into a routine of positive thoughts. Daydreams helped me discover and appreciate my imagination and they sharpened my focus on the details. And they made me believe in myself when others did not or would not.

When I received so many real life negative reinforcements, those could be erased quicker through my positive daydreams and visualizations, and these daydreams made me believe often those great things actually happened, the more I had, and the more repetitive they were. Instead of feeling like others, unexpected situations and events were in control of who I was, what I did, and what I was about to accomplish, I took that control back.

I am glad another another here sees the importance of such too, or gives them the respect they are due, if we use our minds to our advantage those or similar ways. Doctors can do only do so much for us. The rest is up to us. That is where daydreams came into helping me.

Last edited:
Your book is wrong in one thing - you're not the only one. The way you describe the pacing while lost in the dreaming is me. Or if sitting on a train staring out the window, or waiting in an office. Even during conversations there's always something going on up the back there.

I not only have an extremely graphic imagination, it includes sound smell and touch, and emotions. No machine driven virtual reality could ever compare to what my mind gives me.

It's also the same when I read a book, and because of this I'm unable to watch a movie if I've already read the book. Just a few minutes of Game Of Thrones was enough to put me off and I couldn't watch it.

you're not the only one
Agreed. Early in the book the author writes that they can't see anyone else doing it (pacing and daydreaming). Later they say no-one else does it. I do it - a lot. But I also experience that it is uncommon. In that sense the author effectively articulates the feeling that they are the only one. And that's an important aspect of the practice. It's unusual. It can cause one to be isolated.

@Maximillian Thank you.

New Threads

Top Bottom