• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Will Be Starring In Female Aspie Documentary

Is there any way we can help, with production, promotion, funding, consulting...anything? I am behind this and I think you would be a great, charismatic face to put on Spergyhood.

First of all, Spergyhood is an awesome word.
And thanks. Promotion, I might need help with once I get the ball rolling more, since I live out in the boondocks (I mean I'm from the place Duck Dynasty is from, look it up and you'll see what I'm working with lol.)

I am hoping that I will be able to put an end to a lot of the bullcrap and strereotypes because of how shocking normal I look. I look like a dumb blonde and sound like a dumb Southerner. I think we'll make a trailer or short promo before to get out there before the documentary is finished and then anyone who can or wants to help get the word out, that would be awesome.
^_^

First of all, Spergyhood is an awesome word.
And thanks. Promotion, I might need help with once I get the ball rolling more, since I live out in the boondocks (I mean I'm from the place Duck Dynasty is from, look it up and you'll see what I'm working with lol.)

I am hoping that I will be able to put an end to a lot of the bullcrap and strereotypes because of how shocking normal I look. I look like a dumb blonde and sound like a dumb Southerner. I think we'll make a trailer or short promo before to get out there before the documentary is finished and then anyone who can or wants to help get the word out, that would be awesome.
^_^

Let's not forget how popular Duck Dynasty is! I would love to have family like them! Stop worrying about the ignorance of NT's we see the real intelligent
& beautiful aspie you are. Aspie's will benefit from it.:)

Let's not forget how popular Duck Dynasty is! I would love to have family like them! Stop worrying about the ignorance of NT's we see the real intelligent
& beautiful aspie you are. Aspie's will benefit from it.:)

OMG! I did not think to get them involved! Genius! I like Duck Dynasty and I do archery so they may help me out!
Thank you ^_^

LOL Well, some of my use of bad words is extremely funny to NT's so I might leave it in there and have a bleep version and non-bleep version. Swearing is an artform for people in my family. But, it's something I need to work on.

As soon as I'm moved into the new apartment (Friday) I believe we will begin filming. Please send your anti-bloated-walrus vibes my way. Because that's what I look like right now. Big bloated Aspie walrus.

Anyone have opinions on inserting music?
Well Gary Numan is aspie if there is any of his music you could use and if it applies Silent Lucidity By Queensryche was written about an autistic child.
Hope these might help

Music suggestion: maybe something by Boards of Canada? Their music has always sounded a bit "spergy" to me (if that makes any sense):

(That's a fan-made video, not an official one, but I like it a lot)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if anyone said this before, but wrong stereotypes of adult Aspies...that we are people too...with feelings etc. Good luck!!!

I would like to ask all of you here, new friends and old, what other things I could address in the documentary that relates to Aspergers. Things to capitalize on.

And just general discussion about the topic of the documentary :)

Dizzy

True, Sparticus, The whole Aspies & emotions issue is a huge, complex & under-researched area. A particularly interesting (to me) type of adult Aspie is the one that is pretty even-keeled in temperament most of the time, until...(tick tick tick tick...) BOOM!!! You get the mother of all melt-downs. All their emotions (the intense stress-induced sorts) get expressed in one sudden conflagration. Sometimes, that person is 'no longer at home' in terms of being in the driver's seat of his mind & behaviour.

No, it is not. It is about a mental state that prevents the subject from functioning normally. It references his lifelong struggles, and how they led to his present state of mental collapse. Lines like "When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now the child has grown the dream is gone". And "When I was a child I had a fever. My hands felt just like two balloons. I have that feeling once again, I can't explain, you would not understand, this is not how I am". Also lines like "Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying".
If you watch the movie that it is from "The Wall", it is all about the characters mental struggles and life events, and is clearly about mental illness. During this song, he falls into a state of depression and mental collapse, that they use drugs to bring him out of so that he can perform at the concert.
Pink Floyd is a band that suffers a long history of mental illness, and the members grew up in England during the war. They combine the suffering of these two things in this beautiful story.
This song is about taking pills. Not quite sure I would associate it with Aspergers as a whole.

No, it is not. It is about a mental state that prevents the subject from functioning normally. It references his lifelong struggles, and how they led to his present state of mental collapse. Lines like "When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now the child has grown the dream is gone". And "When I was a child I had a fever. My hands felt just like two balloons. I have that feeling once again, I can't explain, you would not understand, this is not how I am". Also lines like "Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying".
If you watch the movie that it is from "The Wall", it is all about the characters mental struggles and life events, and is clearly about mental illness. During this song, he falls into a state of depression and mental collapse, that they use drugs to bring him out of so that he can perform at the concert.
Pink Floyd is a band that suffers a long history of mental illness, and the members grew up in England during the war. They combine the suffering of these two things in this beautiful story.

The now deceased band member Syd Barrett, who became an itinerant Schizophrenic later in life was strongly suspected of being one of our kind back in the day. He self-medicated with drugs & alcohol as many people of all kinds do. Since he was never formally diagnosed (more like no such diagnosis was ever made public & he never claimed to be an Aspie) it remains within the realm of speculation BUT those who knew him well for many years have expressed their suspicions.

I used to date a woman like that... :laugh::timebomb:

True, Sparticus, The whole Aspies & emotions issue is a huge, complex & under-researched area. A particularly interesting (to me) type of adult Aspie is the one that is pretty even-keeled in temperament most of the time, until...(tick tick tick tick...) BOOM!!! You get the mother of all melt-downs. All their emotions (the intense stress-induced sorts) get expressed in one sudden conflagration. Sometimes, that person is 'no longer at home' in terms of being in the driver's seat of his mind & behaviour.

There's a character similar to that in Far From the Madding Crowd: Farmer Boldwood. "That stillness which struck casual observers more than anything else in his character and habit, and seemed so precisely like the rest of anition may have been the perfect balance of enormous antagonistic forces...If an emotion possessed him at all, it ruled him; a feeling not mastering him was entirely latent...He was always hit mortally or he was missed." In the book, a woman sends him a valentine as a joke, and, never understanding how little true feeling she has for him, and despite never having had any interest in any woman before (he is middleaged) he becomes extremely and inordinately obsessed with her.

The song is about an array of drugs. I've been listening to Pink Floyd since I was a fetus. Yes, it is about not functioning normally, but there are references to a wide variety of drugs in the song.
just a little pin prick
There'll be no more aaaaaaaah!
But you may feel a little sick
Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working, good
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on it's time to go.

^ That is clearly about drugs, probably heroine. Of course, this can easily be attributed to using drugs because a mental state that is already organic and awry. As someone who has been addicted to an anxiety pill for years and tried other random bits of drugs I can fully understand the song and the feelings behind it.
The band suffers mental illness which is why they were so great. They also did a lot of drugs which contributed to their greatness and also destroyed them, as drugs tend to do.

Everyone is recommending really good music, I have never even heard most of this ^_^ Very Spergy lol. Now I need more room on my ipod, people!

Also, as far as the emotions go, I am much like the type Soup stated. At least I have been since I was a teenager. My emotions have been dug at by therapists, still have been, and often times they just can't pull them out. Many of the emotions I am "supposed" to have just do not exist.
This does not mean I have no emotions, but getting the ones I do have out can be a huge task, and not one I recommend anyone to really do. I've had a lot of death around me, a lot of things that would traumatize most people, and constant chaos. My reactions have never been normal.

But when I meltdown I have huge meltdowns that are shocking as hell.

I would think that maybe talking about the aspies who struggle to express the emotions they do have because everyone has emotions and those that are more senstive to every emotion.

New Threads

Top Bottom