• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Will Be Starring In Female Aspie Documentary

HelloDizzy

Bed-Cookie
V.I.P Member
With the help of my boyfriends filming skills, my professors 11 year old Aspie son, and the support and input of my Youtube followers and people here, I am going to be making a documentary.

We have a lot of new people here who may not know I make a lot of Aspergers and Autism videos, but I've been doing this for about 2 years, and was diagnosed at age 20. I get very annoyed when people tell me I cannot be an Aspie because I'm female, or because my Autistic traits present themselves differently from a boy, and this documentary is going to help set the record straight on the subject of not only female Aspies, but the fact that adult Aspies indeed exist.

I will be addressing my issues socially, with school, in my relationship, my interests, and basically how life is as an adult Aspie who happens to be female. I would like to ask all of you here, new friends and old, what other things I could address in the documentary that relates to Aspergers. Things to capitalize on.

And just general discussion about the topic of the documentary :)

Dizzy

Hey Hun. So I was wondering if you might want to talk about getting service animals and for those that qualify for service animals. I was also thinking about making sure people understand terms like meltdown and shutdowns and how that can be different from person to person. Just some thoughts.

Awesome Girl!
Courageous topic and a great follow through. Raising awareness is the single best thing we can do to help all people with this.

There's a lovely lady, called Rudy Simone, who has written a book called "Aspergirls". It has awesome spesific traits about aspie _women_ and tells it from the point of view of many of them. Maybe reading her book might give tips on what to tell the world about being an aspie woman? She's awesome and a groundbraker for us aspie women!! I love her.

She has her own Youtube channel too: The Aspergirl Show - Episode 1 - What'll I Do? - YouTube

Something nice to highlight is that your traits/symptoms of aspergers will still be different from every other female on the spectrum. We all have similiarities but we're not robots! "when you meet an aspie, you've only met one aspie". I'm happy you're doing this and raising awareness for us women! Thank you!

There's a lovely lady, called Rudy Simone, who has written a book called "Aspergirls". It has awesome spesific traits about aspie _women_ and tells it from the point of view of many of them. Maybe reading her book might give tips on what to tell the world about being an aspie woman? She's awesome and a groundbraker for us aspie women!! I love her.

She has her own Youtube channel too: The Aspergirl Show - Episode 1 - What'll I Do? - YouTube

I have this book ^_^ I love it. It's one of the reasons I became as active in the awareness as I have.

Thank you everyone. I may get a service animal in the process of MAKING this documentary, so it will definitely be addressed. I'm super excited for it. I'm worried if I should control my foul mouth though....I kind of use a lot of bad words when I talk lol.

How exciting! What great news! you are truly awesome, Dizzy: I know this will be a great doc well worth seeing. Please keep us informed on your progress!

Awesome!! Good luck with your documentary. It's a lovely thing you're doing for us aspie females! :) (Maybe they can edit the foul mouth-parts, lol?)

LOL Well, some of my use of bad words is extremely funny to NT's so I might leave it in there and have a bleep version and non-bleep version. Swearing is an artform for people in my family. But, it's something I need to work on.

As soon as I'm moved into the new apartment (Friday) I believe we will begin filming. Please send your anti-bloated-walrus vibes my way. Because that's what I look like right now. Big bloated Aspie walrus.

Anyone have opinions on inserting music?

You make me dizzy Miss Lizzy......
O.K., I have some ideas. Any chance you ever saw Pumping Iron? If not, download it if you feel the desire. The way this documentary film was made may be a model for what you could do. That is, you choose a small number of individuals and you focus on their situation. Each person is introduced by the movie commentator and filmed,say, at home,at work or whatever. Then the person's story and experience is related. Like, for example, "Cynthia lives in downtown Brooklyn and was diagnosed with asperger syndrome 2 years ago et centera et cetera"
You could contrast the characters and maybe have one central personality ( a bit like Schwarzenegger in Pumping Iron). Maybe someone who has done something special in his or her life, engineering, art, music..
You could also address the issue of aspergers no longer being distinguished from autism spectrum disorders and how this could complicate the lives of those who need diagnosis.
P.S. I am camera shy so you can look for stars amongst those who are braver.
Anyway a good idea but it would be nice if you could make it so good as to get prime airtime on T.V.

With the help of my boyfriends filming skills, my professors 11 year old Aspie son, and the support and input of my Youtube followers and people here, I am going to be making a documentary.

We have a lot of new people here who may not know I make a lot of Aspergers and Autism videos, but I've been doing this for about 2 years, and was diagnosed at age 20. I get very annoyed when people tell me I cannot be an Aspie because I'm female, or because my Autistic traits present themselves differently from a boy, and this documentary is going to help set the record straight on the subject of not only female Aspies, but the fact that adult Aspies indeed exist.

I will be addressing my issues socially, with school, in my relationship, my interests, and basically how life is as an adult Aspie who happens to be female. I would like to ask all of you here, new friends and old, what other things I could address in the documentary that relates to Aspergers. Things to capitalize on.

And just general discussion about the topic of the documentary :)

Dizzy

You make me dizzy Miss Lizzy......
O.K., I have some ideas. Any chance you ever saw Pumping Iron? If not, download it if you feel the desire. The way this documentary film was made may be a model for what you could do. That is, you choose a small number of individuals and you focus on their situation. Each person is introduced by the movie commentator and filmed,say, at home,at work or whatever. Then the person's story and experience is related. Like, for example, "Cynthia lives in downtown Brooklyn and was diagnosed with asperger syndrome 2 years ago et centera et cetera"
You could contrast the characters and maybe have one central personality ( a bit like Schwarzenegger in Pumping Iron). Maybe someone who has done something special in his or her life, engineering, art, music..
You could also address the issue of aspergers no longer being distinguished from autism spectrum disorders and how this could complicate the lives of those who need diagnosis.
P.S. I am camera shy so you can look for stars amongst those who are braver.
Anyway a good idea but it would be nice if you could make it so good as to get prime airtime on T.V.

Oh this documentary is going to be totally focused on me. Me only. The only other people who will be in it are my professors son who has Aspergers for a short interview, and my boyfriend who lives with and deals with me. I am not shy in the least, especially camera shy. I hog the living sh!t out of the spotlight with things like this.
No need for others stars at all =) I will be addressing the new DSM things, because I do tend to rant in my every day life. I want to add Kerli music to the final edit ^_^
Primarily the song "The Lucky Ones."

This is my Youtube channel for anyone who's interested in or wants to critic my way of dealing with the camera.

DizzyDollie7's channel - YouTube

BOOM! This is awesome!

I think may be that AS and autism can affect anyone, of any race, colour etc and the idea that it can be "cured". May be even the implications if it were to be cured, would that person still be the person people, family and friends know and love?

Again, this is awesomeness!

BOOM! This is awesome!

... if it were to be cured, would that person still be the person people, family and friends know and love?

Again, this is awesomeness!

This is something I've tossed about in my mind too during many of what looked like zone outs to others but were instead intense focus on this issue. If the Aspie were to become de-Aspified, I'd bet that this would not necessarily improve his relationships with family & friends. This is sort of like a situation where one family member or one in a group of friends is very overweight. The friends/relatives discretely or often blatantly & rudely 'encourage' him to lose weight. Well, months pass & the person DOES lose the weight & become trim & fit. Many friends & relatives are now envious & catty. They feel a little intimidated by this bold new active friend. They no longer feel secure in their superiority etc. The friend may even be able to now tell them to hit the gym! This is also like when a friend or relative wins a big lottery draw. People appear happy for him or her at first, then out come the barbs!

Those who are truly worthy of being in your life will appreciate & value you Aspie or NT. Those who are 100% NT also often have troubled relationships, a spotty job history & trouble with relatives: it isn't always the person with the diagnosis who has the problem! When my son was a teen, one of his friends was a diagnosed Schizophrenic. The meds he took made his face twitchy but once you know what it is, well...it is what it is & nothing more. His mother would come to pick him up at our place sometimes: she was NT. I won't go into the details of what this woman was like, but I'd take 3 schizophrenics over 1/2 of her any day! It is impossible to chatter that much without getting tongue prolapse or lock-jaw!!! AAUUGGHH!

I will definitely be talking about "if I could have my Aspergers removed" and would I (I wouldn't) and whether I even support the idea. I've thought about this a lot. On one side, I may be more outwardly functional, but at the cost of the things I even get out of bed for. Plus with the psychological trauma of things that have happened in my life, there is a large chance I'd be even less functional as an NT having experienced those same things. Compartmentalizing seems to be helpful.

And there's also my belief that without having Aspergers, I would be much more aggressive as a person. That's just my temperament.

Will definitely be addressing the fact that I've been on AC for years and that I've met awesome people here.

Well I am looking forward to seeing your documentary Dizzy and wish you the best of luck!
I hope it will shut some of them haters up who think aspergers is just another fake label that people use to get attention or whatever, which is why I have only told a limited amount of people I am an aspie as I just think they will be just another hater that wont understand.
I don't want people of the world to treat me any differently I just want them to understand I might not be on their way of thinking and that it can be a good thing and maybe even change what everybody perceives as normal because in my view the bar has been set way to high which excludes a lot of people not just people on the spectrum.

Is there any way we can help, with production, promotion, funding, consulting...anything? I am behind this and I think you would be a great, charismatic face to put on Spergyhood.

New Threads

Top Bottom