• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Will Be Starring In Female Aspie Documentary

I would think that maybe talking about the aspies who struggle to express the emotions they do have because everyone has emotions and those that are more senstive to every emotion.

This is something I really want to talk about. Not all Aspies have the same emotional depth and there seems to be highly emotional ones who cannot express things normally if at all on most occasions, and also the types that are primarily muted. I've seen this extreme difference in both genders but it needs to be better explored for the diagnostic purposes in examining female Aspies. The professionals want a cookie cutter that simply does not exist.

This is something I really want to talk about. Not all Aspies have the same emotional depth and there seems to be highly emotional ones who cannot express things normally if at all on most occasions, and also the types that are primarily muted. I've seen this extreme difference in both genders but it needs to be better explored for the diagnostic purposes in examining female Aspies. The professionals want a cookie cutter that simply does not exist.

I agree. I think that is the hard piece that they don't see it. They don't see that. They don't see that people are different.

Another good topic to discuss is Aspies & higher education. Many of us are highly intelligent: significantly above average. The problem is, often anxiety & social issues impede us from maximizing our potential. So many of us are underemployed to unemployed despite our intelligence. There are many of us, though, who have succeeded academically/employment wise & in other ways. There are fields in which there are more of us than there are in others. Since you personally (Dizzy) are a high IQ Aspie par excellence, your insights on the challenges you've faced in pursuing higher education & career goals would be informative especially since you CAN express your thoughts so clearly.

Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd Songfacts
Things are not always what they seem. I understand that you and I have different perceptions, but they only go as far as our own reality.
To me, this song describes many feelings I get when I am not on drugs.
I also do not want to see a great band like Pink Floyd thrown unfairly into a negative light. They were not advocating doing drugs, and neither was I.
If anything, it tells of how people so quickly want to put others on drugs when they do not fit in. It has happened to me many times. Just because I feel comfortably numb, does not mean I have a problem. When I experience sensory overload, this is exactly where I end up.
If you still disagree, please list your sources of information so that I may learn something new.
Thank you for this conversation.

I wonder how much it would cost to license Pink Floyd songs and the other stuff suggested in this thread if this doc was going to be released commercially. I've heard that with some really low-budget movies and documentaries, the cost of clearing all of the music is sometimes more than everything else combined.

I'd love to see this documentary maybe get on PBS or something like that, maybe you could make kind of a rough version and later get money from someone to make a more polished version (or maybe use Kickstarter or Indiegogo or another crowdfunding platform).

Just curious, what kind of camera(s) are you using to make this doc? I would suggest using at least a DSLR or something comparable for most of the footage if you have any kind of eye toward getting it distributed, that's probably about your cheapest option for high-quality video (if I were making this doc, I might get a bit artsy and also include bits of 16mm footage and stuff like that, but that's just me).

One last bit of advice for now, I would recommend maybe watching some acclaimed documentaries to maybe learn some things to apply to your doc (Werner Herzog and Errol Morris are two documentarians I highly recommend).

Last edited:
PS
I hope I was not rude, offensive or condescending. I try really hard not to be, but am sometimes taken the wrong way.
I really dislike when people treat others that way and I like people and respect their opinions.
Peace everybody

Another good topic to discuss is Aspies & higher education. Many of us are highly intelligent: significantly above average. The problem is, often anxiety & social issues impede us from maximizing our potential. So many of us are underemployed to unemployed despite our intelligence. There are many of us, though, who have succeeded academically/employment wise & in other ways. There are fields in which there are more of us than there are in others. Since you personally (Dizzy) are a high IQ Aspie par excellence, your insights on the challenges you've faced in pursuing higher education & career goals would be informative especially since you CAN express your thoughts so clearly.
One of my biggest regrets is never knowing what my full potential is never having gone to college due to working to survive since my early teens.
Never having a job once that ever challenged my intelligence only persecuting me for poor physical performance.
@ Soup I would love to go back to college to gain various degrees which might be possible when I finally get my SSDI. Though I am 42 I want to prove I can
and fulfill those dreams. What do you think Soup? Knowing I was gifted enough to go to college at only 10yrs old drives my nuts. I want to finally use that in a meaningful way.

New Threads

Top Bottom