• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Probably should go right now to the blanchet house because it starts like right now

get free clothes tomorrow morning at the Downtown Chapel (it's a catholic charity church) on NW 6th and Burnside. You get in line at about 730 ish and they give you a number. The doors open around 9. They give you food and clothes and shoes. I got a pair of Nikes there a few years ago. Brand new......
Dear, I fear your suggestions are falling on deaf ears. But your intentions are very generous.

...Thank you. However, my handicappedness/inconvenience aside, my handicappedness means I walk painfully slowly a lit of the time. If I had the body I had five years ago it would be different:cry:.
I'll admit to that I don't know Portland now, it seems dark & murky, a d it seems very spread out with a quite confusing public-transport system.

All of his money has been stolen so he doesn't have a penny, let alone five dollars.
They may just help him, I don't know but could be worth a shot if he explained his situation, maybe they could help with some things????

If yr downtown then Burnside is the main street that separates NW (old town china town) from SW (big fancy buildings). If you're at Pioneer Square, you take the green or yellow line like 2 stops and get off at the big pink building (US Bancorp bldg.). the Downtown chapel is right there on the other side of Burnside.

...I just am, especially when I'm e just gotten up, very handicapped and slow-moving, and carrying stuff with me (in Target bags now) slows me down too.

I was sent to a supposedly " better " shelter last night, but it had the same problem of getting in late and having to leave early, and, furthermore...........It didn't offer meals at all, it had some leftover snacks-donations in the evening g...but there was absolutely no morning meal whatsoever. I haven't eaten to-day (past 10:30 AM).

I am now told that a check has beén sent to the temporary mail box I have - but how can I cash it.

CA. I ge r a Greyhound ticket without a state ID? I have a crappy B&W ID from the mailboxes place.

Absent any other suggestions and real connections on where to go, frankly, my thought has been to come crawling back to somewhere colder than Arizona. though I guess not as dank and cold as here - my home county in New York State (not far from Conneticut) - on the theory that Social Services might be a little merciful/sympathetic to a local bog come home - Especially when he can say that, if he is going to die (and medical have called my kid yes bad enough that, if they got much worse, they could become terminal, though they're not that way now), though I don't want to die --- and I'm putting this up now, unfinished. to get something up!!!!!!!!!

It's amazing that you've had the stamina and persistence to
post year after year your story, the way you've described
your deteriorating health and living circumstances.

...to continue, that I could say IF I'm going to die, I want to see the " where-I-grew-up " area once again...anx the grave of my mother, father and brother, which I haven't visited since it was only my mother's grave - I was 3,500 miles away and homeless (-ish)! I did not have the money:coldsweat:!
What I've kind of hoped for, minimum, is a private room. with at least a sink and toilet of its own - and I can move in and get a strong bed and chair/s and writing space and cook/unfrost a little and have a good computer and catch up on movies I haven't seen - I have a whole bunch of books, etc. in storage in Santa Cruz that I want to move in with and some momentos/stuff I inherited from my brother. Move in with them. Read the books - If I can get comfortable reading position chairs and strong light to read with and lerscription glasses, the last of which I haven't had for many many years! Sans them, I no longer read " real " books much:confounded:. If I had a place, I might want an electric wheelchair, for some, though not all. going out.
Someone at last night's shelter suggested a wheelchair for me to-day, meaning an " acoustic... in homeless condition.

Well, I doubt anyone here can provide you with all that. Would you settle for getting your social security checks routed to you again, places to get free food, and a place to sleep out of the weather? That seems more reasonable, to me.

I'm not even going to touch how you intend to move your books and other items in storage from Santa Cruz to wherever you settle down.

...Perhap YD is not reading this..........byt I am rather shy about shelters, I tend to want%need to be referred to them!
What was I thinking? I HAD NO CHOICE.
I had a similar situation in Santa Cruz!
I don't know those shelters Amor feeds.
I've been doing a lot of taking advantage of the trolley system, in fact - having ZERO cents money, remembr - but nmmt luck on that has been running out, with the " holiday season " now over, incident happened twice to-day.. .

Go to the Union Gospel Mission. It's great big, on Burnside and I think NW 4th. It's the best place.

Get hooked up with Central City Concern or Transition Projects (TPI) they both run free apartment buildings. Like you get on the wait list and they eventually get you a free apt. Long wait lists but once you're in you're in. Just do it. Cos no one else knows you exist, if you don't do it for yourself, no one else will.

...I am back in the hospital now. My going there was initiated Friday, by someone - a staffer, I mean - at the " big " homeless showers/stop, she set it into motion, it was"t initiated by me.
Prior to that, I did get into motion something that will apparently get make-up money to the mailbox I now have at that homeless place (Plus I have a really awful' looking ID card in B&W from that place, it's not a " real " I.D.) - Both a new copy of the ATM card with which I access my SSDI (An outfit is the official payee and they dole it out to me) and a check from that lawyer I get irregular inheritance money from, did I mention him??
The check from the lawyer would be a " proper " bank check and I wonder how in the decking world I might deposit or cash it!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have the Wells Fargo bank cards anymore that instantly proved I have an account there. The SSDI card, I hope I can get it entered and working with just my phone. More later.

...I am back in the hospital now. My going there was initiated Friday, by someone - a staffer, I mean - at the " big " homeless showers/stop, she set it into motion, it was"t initiated by me.
Prior to that, I did get into motion something that will apparently get make-up money to the mailbox I now have at that homeless place (Plus I have a really awful' looking ID card in B&W from that place, it's not a " real " I.D.) - Both a new copy of the ATM card with which I access my SSDI (An outfit is the official payee and they dole it out to me) and a check from that lawyer I get irregular inheritance money from, did I mention him??
The check from the lawyer would be a " proper " bank check and I wonder how in the decking world I might deposit or cash it!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have the Wells Fargo bank cards anymore that instantly proved I have an account there. The SSDI card, I hope I can get it entered and working with just my phone. More later.

If you got a new ATM card, why don’t you just deposit the check via ATM? Or use your phone to make a mobile deposit.

You could simplify your finances if you arranged for payments from the Social Security Administration as well as your lawyer to be direct-deposited. Just pick a nationwide bank (e.g. Bank of America), since you move around a lot.

If you got a new ATM card, why don’t you just deposit the check via ATM? Or use your phone to make a mobile deposit.

...I don't at all have the new ATM card yet and it only is for getting money from my SSDI that the agency that is my payee doles out to me, I really don"t think I can deposit things from outside in it at all.
As for " phone make a mobile deposit " - I don't know how to do that, or even know of my quite low-end phone (Almost all I ever use(m) can do that:(.

...There's more to say about things stolen from me:(. The theft of ALL my money and my cards, etc. came on Dec 30th (a week ago:cry:). However, a week before that, on Re . 23d, there was another theft - Financially deeper. but less serous.
Briefly. a full backpack and an additional shopping bag of stuff were stolen from me at A Target store when I left the stuff in the basket of the motorized Target ha dicapped cart while I we t in the bathroom. I came out and they were gone:frowning:. Doubtless some methead or whatever took them.
I managed to get to report it to the police and they said the theft was captured on a video monitor but I haven't seen the video a d felt I'd never see the stolen items again:frowning:. I do like going around in the the handicapped carts in Target, I can move faster (though my back may ache some) and I'm " respectable handicapped/all-American "-y too. I really am pretty handicapped, you know! A d I'veost everything a lot, though it was never before like the 30th theft from me. and one of my " peers ":fearful: - and the shelter staff fairly unsympathetic/not real helpful:cry:.

If you leave something unattended, it's not theft, it's liberation.

"Finders keepers, losers weepers."

Why are you surprised when things keep disappearing? I would expect as much.

...Do you like to steal - or " liberate " things?:eek: You seem to be supporting not only the Dec. 23 theft, but the Dec 30 one as well - despite what he did to me, taking ALL my cards/stuff/money, all my identity:cryingcat:. I would have thought/hoped that we in the shelter, as fellow socially oppressed/downtrodden, would have some solidarity with/support for each other!:cry:

How is it that in the years you've been on the street,
you haven't noticed or realized that objects left unattended
may, so to speak "grow legs and walk off"?

At the least, finding a store employee to watch over your belongings
while you're in the restroom, for example, would be a possible
defense against getting robbed.

Staying in a homeless shelter doesn't mean that you've joined
a club or social movement.

New Threads

Top Bottom