• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I lost a friend I thought I could trust..

oh and by the way, I didn't say "other race than me" to be super polite or anything. I just thought the actual races were unimportant to the story, only that we were different..... so it really isn't like I was "more or less" polite. I only said that to the mean person to try to calm them down. :( peacefully resolve.

oh and by the way, I didn't say "other race than me" to be super polite or anything. I just thought the actual races were unimportant to the story, only that we were different..... so it really isn't like I was "more or less" polite. I only said that to the mean person to try to calm them down. :( peacefully resolve.
You’re good. As long as offensive stuff wasn’t said, you’re good.

Back when I was in Facebook groups, you couldn’t say “white” or else zucc would put you in Facebook jail or the group would be taken down. People got around the censor by saying “yt” or using emojis as code for white like the milk emoji, corn emoji, and white circle emoji.
Oh yeah, that's why I actively looked for a place like this, where we could just be honest and the actual phrases don't matter so much. We are just telling our stories. Six or half dozen, I don't care.

Oh yeah, that's why I actively looked for a place like this, where we could just be honest and the actual phrases don't matter so much. We are just telling our stories. Six or half dozen, I don't care.
I once read a news article where a gardening Facebook group got censored for using the term “hoe” in the context of the gardening tool, not in the other not so PG context”

Anyway, users really stink. I think people like me and my wife just don't do well around charismatic people. Because maybe not all of them are users, but they are used to getting their way, and we yearn for approval that they give us falsely. The charisma somehow overrides my warning signals.

Anyway, users really stink. I think people like me and my wife just don't do well around charismatic people. Because maybe not all of them are users, but they are used to getting their way, and we yearn for approval that they give us falsely. The charisma somehow overrides my warning signals.
My mom only uses FB for her job and I got rid of mine last year. My stepdad doesn't use FB but gained access back to his acc after some person hacked into it. My dad doesn’t even use FB.

I once read a news article where a gardening Facebook group got censored for using the term “hoe” in the context of the gardening tool, not in the other not so PG context”
Oh yeah. I believe it. Do not like FB at all.
I got a ban there once for quoting the second verse of a song that the OP gave the first one for. The phrase "blow this town" was in that verse, meaning leave. But it was somehow taken as a terrorist threat. Give me a break.

I got a ban there once for quoting the second verse of a song that the OP gave the first one for. The phrase "blow this town" was in that verse, meaning leave. But it was somehow taken as a terrorist threat. Give me a break.
That’s reaoly stupid. I once got a comment taken down for saying “you are a potato” and witnessed a user saying they got in FB jail for saying “you’re a silly goose.”

I've taken nearly 50 years of being ashamed and scared because of misread social cues, trying to get right rules that I couldn't see. I desperately dislike this kind of verbal violence out of nowhere. It leave you wondering "AITA?" the whole bloody time, introspecting, combing through your own words to identify the mistake that you inevitably made, You just start to get comfortable and trust in yourself and this kind of thing happens.

I'll be honest, and I'm really sorry I don't mean to make this about me, but this has made me much sadder than I would have expected. But it's useful, because now I can name it, I'm sad because I can see how much this type of thing has limited me, and that I need to get around it.

I'm sorry this happened on your thread. Also hear to listen if you want.

I've taken nearly 50 years of being ashamed and scared because of misread social cues, trying to get right rules that I couldn't see.
I can’t really interpret social cues online unless tone tags are used to indicate if the matter is serious, sarcastic/joking, a reference to something else, or to indicate a user isn’t mad. /nm /srs

I can’t really interpret social cues online unless tone tags are used to indicate if the matter is serious, sarcastic/joking, a reference to something else, or to indicate a user isn’t mad. /nm /srs

Yeah, text can be a 1 dimensional method of communicating so that sort of thing can definitely help. It's a shame we can't have them IRL. Maybe I could hand people little signs they could hold up as they speak.

Wow. Did I ever have any doubt that this forum is predominantly white?

Some of the replies are downright racist actually. Here's a hint: It's really a lot harder to hide how racist you are when you start saying things like "people of color" or "minorities" while imagining an all-white target audience.

Thank you for reminding me why white people can't be trusted as friends anyway. Non-white people actually aren't just people who happen to be non-white but who are otherwise like you. We are our own people and how we act as a whole is part of the package, even if colonization has normalized whiteness and enough people have internalized self-loathing that they try to be more white instead of just themselves.

She was treated badly and you are upset with her? And you say white people can't be trusted. I'm pretty sure skin color doesn't dictate if someone can be trusted or not.

She was treated badly and you are upset with her? And you say white people can't be trusted. I'm pretty sure skin color doesn't dictate if someone can be trusted or not.
I'm just done with this thread. This is absolutely hijacked and ridiculous.
Some of us want to talk about the actual topic that @mysterionz was having an issue with.
For crying out loud.

I'm just ... so frustrated.

If you want this sort of drama, go back to facebook

Some of us want to talk about the actual topic that @mysterionz was having an issue with.
For crying out loud.

Me too.

For crying out loud.

Yeah you should say that to Selena. I think you quoted the wrong post.

Yeah you should say that to Selena. I think you quoted the wrong post.
actually maybe I misunderstood. I just thought it was dropped...
I did misunderstand your post but it brought it up.
The hijack is still going because of it for me and I'm just white so whatever I'm horrible.

actually maybe I misunderstood. I just thought it was dropped...
I did misunderstand your post but it brought it up.
The hijack is still going because of it for me and I'm just white so whatever I'm horrible.

Yeah I think something was misunderstood. I don't really understand what the problem is, I replied to a post, that's all. Lets all calm down.

Last edited:
Yeah I think something was misunderstood. I don't really understand what the problem is or why people are 'triggered' . I replied to a post, that's all. Lets all calm down.
I just thought I left this sort of nonsense with facebook.... I want to drop it but this person was a troll and it shook me
I know I'm being sensitive.
sorry I took your post the wrong way at first

I think we're all good. Everyone is just feeling a bit raw from what happened. I didn't like it much either, but I think we're ok and can let it go lest we accidentally cause more friction by arguing with echoes.

New Threads

Top Bottom