• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I just applied online to O2/Telefonica for 12 hours a week selling phones

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

In their Meadowhall store in Sheffield, England.

Just completed the online assessment as well which I think I did well on but we'll see.

You are well overdue for some good luck, I hope you get this one, you deserve it. Crossing my fingers for you.

Sounds like a good prospect with the second largest mobile network in the UK to offer limited part time hours that fit your requirements.

It might be a little early, but have you heard anything?

Not yet, and I've been checking my Gmail all day.

If they don't get back to me by this time next week I'll just assume I was not successful. To be honest the fact that the majority of my customer service experience comes from working in Charity shops might not suit selling in a phone shop.

@Mr Allen They are wanting salesmen so if you have no experience there, and they will be looking for a lot of experience as competition is sharp I would say not to build your hopes up.

@Mr Allen They are wanting salesmen so if you have no experience there, and they will be looking for a lot of experience as competition is sharp I would say not to build your hopes up.

Meh, I had a punt on it, some people on the Internet accuse me on a regular basis of being a "work shy slave to the benefit system"...

I'm doing a 2 week course in retail from the week after next, I kind of already have NVQs in retail from College 20 odd years ago, but they're probably out of date.

Meh, I had a punt on it, some people on the Internet accuse me on a regular basis of being a "work shy slave to the benefit system"...

I'm doing a 2 week course in retail from the week after next, I kind of already have NVQs in retail from College 20 odd years ago, but they're probably out of date.
You are the total opposite of work shy since you're looking for work all the time and you've worked as a volunteer for ages too, I respect that more than people who work in paid jobs and so should other people, many of which wouldn't even consider volunteer work.

Even though the NVQ may be old, it still proves you are capable of achieving it and doing a more up to date course is excellent on top of this.

PS: I voted "Like" on your reply based on the 2nd part, not the 1st.

Last edited:
Just had an email from O2, they are not taking my application any further, apparently there were "better applicants", meaning able bodied NTs more than likely.

New Threads

Top Bottom