• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have the worst trigger meltdown ever. No one can top this one.

Ugh, you wouldnt like me then... Sometimes i cant stop myself from cursing and i am around other people, like children...

Blank blankly blank

Good news had no real meltdown since taking Prozac for about three years.
Does that include having exposure to the f-word, or just without it?

I have no use for swear words, either, but I am pretty hardened to their use by others, having been in the military.

Being married,
having trained nine people in toileting & sexuality and
being a caregiver for my 24yo daughter,
I have no problem using vulgar [including f-word] and spiritual terms [like d**n & h**l] in their proper contexts.* Vulgarities, even when appropriate, are immodest.

For me, blasphemy never has a proper context.

*In the bedroom, bathroom, barn or doctor's office.

Last edited:
Seeing it or hearing it although I am doing better seeing it. Just saw it now on YouTube in a Username of all places. My fault I should have searched in mobile Firefox using the APF addon. I search there on then I cluck on the video I want when the video loads in Firefox I click the little Android icon so it opens in the native YouTube app which supports HD. When I am done back arrow brings me too mobile YouTube in Firefox.

Was not thinking. But still if some lowlife posted it in there username and actually Google allows then too just imagine in a email address they never deserve my business.

Another note I glad I registered here and not on Wrong planet which is vulgar and mean spirited.

Last edited:
Really no one hear can top this one as I met no one anywhere on this planet with billions of people with this issue. I was diagnostic with Asperger's when I was about 19 in college after I dropped out.

Anyway backstory when I was a kid I felt different not to get into my life story here but my meltdown trigger is hearing/seeing swearing yes that bad. Well really the F-Word is the only word that triggers a meltdown. Although I don't like the other swear words, S-word I hear it at home it just irritates me. Other swear words again just irritates but the horrible F-Word if I hear it or see more than one I can go into a major meltdown.

Since it is everywhere and I mean everywhere not only do I have this stupid AS but I can't even hear strangers talk and have to use a word profanity filter online and on my phone. When I am forced to go out, therapist, doctors sometimes store I wear in ear headphones and listen to music "at moderate volume" long as the earbuds isolate the sound so I don't hear anyone.

However since taking Prozac 40mg (might increase it soon) after trying many horrible medicines I have been better however I have very little exposure to the F-Word since I don't go out and when I do I wear headphones. So for me I would like to go back to the Church which I liked "had friends lost them" same old but that's another story but I am afraid of my trigger meltdown.

Good news had no real meltdown since taking Prozac for about three years. So I know all you have issues but try living with that one no wonder I get depressed and sleep all day.

You're such a kind & good person. You are not wrong in this case. I think that swearing culture is weird.

I'm not an english-native, so i used to find it really weird why english-speaking people really like to use swearing words. It's rude & ugly.

In my culture, it's rude to swear. Yeah, some people use it, but it's not as frequent as english-speaking country, or should i say america? America culture is weird in this case. Lol.

English is a filthy discusting language and hate that is my native tounge. Common swear terms that are private to a toilet to expell waste. Word to describe a female dog. The worst sexual terms well you know that. All that from wonderful English.

I am now watching things in other languages especially Portuguese.

English is a filthy discusting language...
All languages have to describe unsavory concepts.
Word to describe a female dog.
Initially and even among breeders, today, it was as innocuous as the words "cow" or "goose" (both of which are also female terms
full
).
The worst sexual terms well you know that.
Married couples need a way to discuss sex between themselves.

The objectionable part seems to be, rather, the abuse of the English language...!

Last edited:
I think English is beautiful! Maybe reading poetry will help!

“Life, like a dome of many-coloured glass,
Stains the white radiance of Eternity,
Until Death tramples it to fragments.”
-Percy Bysshe Shelley, “Adonais”

Yea how many people cite poetry on the street. Really the entire language is ruined by a few bad words that are said all the time.

In my culture, it's rude to swear. Yeah, some people use it, but it's not as frequent as english-speaking country, or should i say america? America culture is weird in this case. Lol.
That is what I am saying. I would rather live in an foreign country but I am living in "america" and have to deal with it. I also guess it does not help that 4 letter swear words are easy to spell in English.

A lot of swear words in England in the middle ages became based around , lets say - the earthier aspect of English.

Some of them were pretty amusing - and beyond what is common these days (comical and worse)

Partly because there were dire consequences for words and expressions based around God.

In French,for example, there were many work arounds. (most I can't remember)

sacre bleu - as you couldn't say the original.

Reading about the history of all this is quite interesting.

I certainly wonder why the need to express something painful results in 'swearing'
Something to do with crossing a taboo,perhaps.

I stub my toe and suddenly swear, the pain feels less.
(I've actually read surveys on that )

Really the entire language is ruined by a few bad words that are said all the time.

I almost never encounter curse words, so I guess it depends on environment.

But also, not uh.

"The fallacy of composition arises when one infers that something is true of the whole from the fact that it is true of some part of the whole (or even of every proper part). For example: "This tire is made of rubber, therefore the vehicle to which it is a part is also made of rubber." This is fallacious, because vehicles are made with a variety of parts, many of which may not be made of rubber."

Initially and even among breeders, today, it was as innocuous as the words "cow" or "goose" (both of which are also female terms
full
).
Isn't "Cow" a swear to a woman in the UK? I hear it a lot watching British TV.
Here in the US pre-school shows say it.

One of the connotations of "vixen" is the same as the b-word, but it has also been used as a given name, with an emphasis on "cleverness." "Foxy" is a related compliment.

And "heifer" (in some circles) has been used to refer to a voluptuous woman... :cow:

Me too but with "Dang it".

I use nonsense like "Bug Guts!", but I say it with the same fervor that others cuss with.

I have friends who use "sound-alikes" like "Got dandruff! Some of it itches!" (Sounds a lot like "G*d d*mn son of a b*tches") Or they'll say "Go let a lid for your cup, fill it up and ...shut the full cup!"). They are pretty witty, but I just think:. You know the real words you wanted to say, everyone who heard you knows what words you wanted to say and you just put those words in their mind - all you have done is skirt the absolute letter of the law by not saying the words out loud. That is, you have achieved the exact same effects as cursing without technically cursing. I think - if it has the same effects, isn't it just as bad?

Last edited:
One of my son's and I find this episode of SpongeBob Squarepants to be very quotable on the matter.
Sailor Mouth

One of my son's and I find this episode of SpongeBob Squarepants to be very quotable on the matter.
Episodes like that bother me as they would be hearing and seeing cursing all the time. It is like they tempoary came into our parallel universe for that one episode.

New Threads

Top Bottom