• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have the worst trigger meltdown ever. No one can top this one.

Okay YouTube Restricted mode is a joke. This channel is restricted MissASMR which is really okay, helps you sleep and reduces stress yet it's restricted.

Yet a channels like this is not
SarahsSeoulSearch 맥사라 孟欣怡
sammibunny23

So I leave if off on Chrome and on Firefox on the desktop.
On the Phone I leave it off but browse on Firefox to open in YouTube Vanced.

But what really gets me peeved about restricted mode is that the videos still show up in my subscription feed and as recommendations but are not playable.

Okay I know what Google and YouTube problem is. They block anything sexual even if it harmless. Woman shows her feet "not a foot fetish video" it is restricted even if the video is fine. Or with MissASMR woman is whispering is considered sexual.

However they don't block profanity so if some man/woman in front on the camera taking and swearing it won't be restricted.

But if a woman puts on lipstick while talking that is sexual and restricted even if she is talking clean. However if it is a fashion channel and she puts on makeup "fashion channel" and swears it not restricted for some stupid reason either.

I just wish there was an extension to turn it on and off quickly and I am still going to watch Restricted Videos that should not be restricted and report videos that should be restricted that are not.

Last edited:
I reported videos a year ago that are still up today and are playable with Restricted Mode on.

Also more back to the OT I got so many methods I use to avoid seeing profanity. Really it is amazing. Who though Firefox browser for Android supports extensions and who though of actually searching in there just to open in YouTube.

As when I was a younger I use to do stupid things like that figure out other ways of doing something that was dumb and not something everybody did.

Also forgot to say swearing started to bother me after I got momo when I was 16. Before that it did not bother me. So did the mono damaging my Asperger then teenage brain?

Can mono do that? I had mono and didn't think it possibly did anything permanent, other than make me immune to mono.

It had to do it. As it started after I was better and gradually got worse I remember I had my first meltdown in 1994 almost a year from profanity.

Last edited:
Maybe you could read a book on the history of language or one on linguistics or something!

Words represent things, they're nothing in and of themselves. If it's not representing something that's upsetting you, it seems illogical.

New Threads

Top Bottom