• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hyperthetically, would you go to an AC meet up?

Would you go?

• Yes

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters
It's honestly impractical to have one gathering for everyone. There could be two, one for each side of the Atlantic, but not fewer than that. Well, unless everyone wants to go to Greenland. :D
What about the Australians like full steam

How could you tell the introverts from the extroverts if they were standing in a circle?

The introverts would be looking at their shoes. The extroverts would be looking at everyone else's shoes. o_O:D
Guess I'm an extrovert. I not only look at other people's feet, I draw the feet.

It's honestly impractical to have one gathering for everyone. There could be two, one for each side of the Atlantic, but not fewer than that. Well, unless everyone wants to go to Greenland. :D
Sure I'd love to go to such a stunning country, would be nice and quiet too..... you're paying lol! :grinning:

Effin' A man I'm down, be it in person or via web. Would totally blast me out of my comfort zone, but I've had to do that a lot lately and am feeling kinda stretchy. Let's party! =o)

I would want to go, so I picked "yes". In reality, I might not get myself sorted out to actually do it....but I would try.

I would love to have a meet up.
Distance is THE problem for most of us.
The UK and USA are too far apart distance wise.
It couldn't be too far away as I can't leave my comfort zone either for long distances.
But, if one were close...most definitely!

The theory sounds wonderful, but the practise would be awful for me! Unless I was coaxed into going and the room was full of people who were like me.

I have met a chap and as he was talking, I thought:I do believe you have aspergers and it was so REFRESHING to talk to him. Because he rushed his words too and did not have the usual barriers that nts have and even my husband said: as soon as I talked to him, I thought: now who does he remind me of? Oh, of course, my wife. Could he be an aspie?

So, perhaps my vote should be YES after all hehehehe

But if none of us is making eye contact, it won't be awkward at all because we won't be able to tell who is making eye contact and who isn't, given that we are not looking at each other's eyes.

And all the fear of coming across as rude, would disappear. We would have complete freedom to stare at anything other than the eyes lol

one in europe, one in the us, two huge screens and Skype connecting the two

it sounds like a good idea, and could be interesting, i'm not really comfortable in groups though, i prefer to talk one on one, but i guess no one would mind if i put on my headphones and went outside for a breather :)

Imagine a hotel.

Meeting in the conference room at 7pm.

Everyone stays in their room.

Obviously I'm in the wrong hotel.

Same name wrong country as i got mixed up and lost.

Hypothetically I would, but only if my husband would go too. Maybe something like an online meetup, but I couldn't say I would 100% do it.

I would probably go, on the condition that some specific members will be attending. That's right, I play favorites and I'm not ashamed of it :p

Imagine a hotel.

Meeting in the conference room at 7pm.

Everyone stays in their room.

Obviously I'm in the wrong hotel.

Same name wrong country as i got mixed up and lost.
Did we forget to tell you it would be San Jose, California, not San Jose, Costa Rica?

(I've actually had to check in passengers who made that exact mistake, they booked their hotel and activities in one San Jose, and flight to the other San Jose. That was... awkward. And don't even get me started on the people who often buy surprisingly cheap tickets to the other Sydney)

It's in Canada. And the time of the year when people choose to go to Australia for the warm weather must make for quite a disappointment upon landing...

coldwinter_orig.gif

How could you tell the introverts from the extroverts if they were standing in a circle?

The introverts would be looking at their shoes. The extroverts would be looking at everyone else's shoes. o_O:D

dude please don't look at my shoes... I wear size 13... got self-conscious issues with clown feet syndrome... laughing : )

I wonder what my boss would say if I asked to borrow the company jet?

I guess it would go something like this...

Hey Chief, can I ask a small favor?
What now Chance? No the X5 is not going to be your play toy again ...

Oh no its not that... and sorry about burning the tires off it...

Long silent awkward pause, really long pause...

Well Sir, you said I need some time off...

Yeah, spit it out...

Can I borrow the jet to go around the world and pick up all my Aspie friends and throw down a really weird party somewhere in the South Pacific?

Sure Chance... Now go mow the damn greens and leave me alone, until you can come up with something that is real...

So when do I need to plan on picking you guys up???

I wonder what my boss would say if I asked to borrow the company jet?

I guess it would go something like this...

Hey Chief, can I ask a small favor?
What now Chance? No the X5 is not going to be your play toy again ...

Oh no its not that... and sorry about burning the tires off it...

Long silent awkward pause, really long pause...

Well Sir, you said I need some time off...

Yeah, spit it out...

Can I borrow the jet to go around the world and pick up all my Aspie friends and throw down a really weird party somewhere in the South Pacific?

Sure Chance... Now go mow the damn greens and leave me alone, until you can come up with something that is real...

So when do I need to plan on picking you guys up???
Christmas Eve

New Threads

Top Bottom