• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hyperthetically, would you go to an AC meet up?

Would you go?

• Yes

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters

Full Steam

The renegade master
V.I.P Member
Imagine we all lived in a 100km radius, and transport is not an issue, would you go to an event just for all of us?

I think I would as it would be great to meet everyone face to face, but it would be daunting to have so many people in one place, all with weird eye contact:p

But if none of us is making eye contact, it won't be awkward at all because we won't be able to tell who is making eye contact and who isn't, given that we are not looking at each other's eyes.

Imagine we all lived in a 100km radius, and transport is not an issue, would you go to an event just for all of us?

I think I would as it would be great to meet everyone face to face, but it would be daunting to have so many people in one place, all with weird eye contact:p
I definitely would. I mean, I would probably have some kind of anxiety attack the day of, or on my way, but I would eventually make it to the place of meeting.

As for your eye contact concern: I was once in a place where 20 similarly-wired people were, seated around a very large conference room table (technically, 6 tables pushed together to form one big table), and at some point I noticed that all of us had the exact same thing going on when it was our turn to talk: start talking, look some place else (usually a combination of down & sideways, with a personal twist), and those who listened would be looking around, or up, or down, or whatever. It was both very funny and a ah-hah! moment as in "I'm with my people, at last!", and somehow comforting seeing that, for at least this one time, our peculiar way of adressing other people was a total non-issue, not the smallest bit relevant, and not something we'd be judged on. Trust me, that felt GOOD.

(Also: so many people wearing sunglasses indoors because of artificial lighting and not being given hell about it nor told they were acting like snobs)

Last edited:

Don't want to encounter neuro typicals before I get there

I would go, if it was just about people here... headphones on... and sunglasses (so eye contact isn't such a thing)

Too many nice people to ever say no too...

I would go, if it was just about people here... headphones on... and sunglasses (so eye contact isn't such a thing)

Too many nice people to ever say no too...
Are your family !!!!!!!still at your house I was thinking about you when I was talking to the cats

Yes, but the big problem is we don't live within 100km of each other. For me transport most likely would be an issue since a high proportion of people here seem to live in the USA which is 3,000+ miles away from myself. For instance Birmingham UK to New York is 3,367 miles (5419 km) as the crow flies and this is one of the nearest major cities in the USA to myself.

Rather than just imagining, I suggest a virtual online video conference that is planned way in advance so everyone has time to get everything setup and arranged, well unless someone wants to pay upfront for an all expenses paid holiday to the USA for me, I can give you a bitcoin address if anyone wants to donate lol!

PS: There are open source video conferencing software options available.

Last edited:
Yes, but the big problem is we don't live within 100km of each other. For me transport most likely would be an issue since a high proportion of people here seem to live in the USA which is 3,000+ miles away from myself. For instance Birmingham UK to New York is 3,367 miles (5419 km) as the crow flies and this is one of the nearest major cities in the USA to myself.

Rather than just imagining, I suggest a virtual online video conference that is planned way in advance so everyone has time to get everything setup and arranged, well unless someone wants to pay upfront for an all expenses paid holiday to the USA for me, I can give you a bitcoin address if anyone wants to donate lol!

PS: There are open source video conferencing software options available.

Aspie-sims

i would like to go to one, actually. it would benefit me.

anyone who is fearful of affection, do not worry. i am a lot less inclined to be affectionate in real life.

How could you tell the introverts from the extroverts if they were standing in a circle?

The introverts would be looking at their shoes. The extroverts would be looking at everyone else's shoes. o_O:D

What about a midway point somewhere in Europe

It's honestly impractical to have one gathering for everyone. There could be two, one for each side of the Atlantic, but not fewer than that. Well, unless everyone wants to go to Greenland. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom