• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hypermasculinity in autism

ANTHONY LAF

I'm hyper masculine and autistic. I'm ONLY into things that are usually associated with males, MMA, death metal, etc. Also I have an EXTREMELY low digit ratio. Those of you who have never heard of such a thing.

Digit ratio - Wikipedia

I am hyper femmine and.... a female lol and into soft rave music. Used to be into black sabbath and now my fav is Taylor Swift.

Also love listening to my faith's music.

My ring finger and index finger are even. I even measured from bone end to tip. I have trouble understanding how things are either masculine or feminine. I have very little sense of that. It all seems so superficial and trivial. My sister wears make up a bit and likes some sorta goth metal stuff, I wear no make up and like polka. No idea what all that says or if somehow my fingers are involved. I did find out I have Morton's toe, a new point of pride for me. Does that have any connection to any of this?

I'm a girl, and consider myself to be pretty feminine. I've heard the theory that autism is related to masculinity before, but that's never been the case for me. I think it just depends on the person.

My ring finger and index finger are even. I even measured from bone end to tip. I have trouble understanding how things are either masculine or feminine. I have very little sense of that. It all seems so superficial and trivial. My sister wears make up a bit and likes some sorta goth metal stuff, I wear no make up and like polka. No idea what all that says or if somehow my fingers are involved. I did find out I have Morton's toe, a new point of pride for me. Does that have any connection to any of this?
I used examples of MMA and Death Metal as examples because if you to an MMA event or a death metal show it is almost all men. (less so nowadays for ufc though)

New Threads

Top Bottom