• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

HTML and CSS coding?

I’m a novice. I started learning it two years ago, but it’s one of those projects that has been gathering dust figuratively. I have too many interests.

To elaborate on the above statement, I'll say HTML and CSS are not programming languages, they're mark-up and style sheet languages respectively - so it depends on your definitions. One could loosely say you're "coding" because you do indeed write code with those languages, but you're definitely not programming.

Anyway. Its an on and off hobby for me. For beginners, I recommend trying courses at places like Khan Academy, which is primarily how I first learned JS (and general fundamentals/practices). And it goes without saying there are floods of tutorial vids on Youtube. Nothing is as good as working on projects, though.

I'm by no means a full-on programmer, but its definitely a skill and hobby I like to dive into and develop at times. I entertained the career path (and still don't rule it out). A friend of mine is a web developer which has definitely helped inform me.

oakhearted: What brought you to it?

I did some basic web coding in my last few semesters in university, HTML, CSS, JS, Bootstrap, WebGL. It can be fun, but I think it's not my favourite programming field.

I do C, C++, and C#. My favorite thing to do is to see how fast I can get the code to perform. It's all about the optimal algorithm and the Order of the algorithm (the "big O").

I don't really understand CSS.

It's similar to HTML but is more for stylizing, making the page look pretty. (CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets (Cascading Style Sheets - Wikipedia), and is typically used in conjunction with HTML). It's also a Markup language as described by a couple others here.

If anyone else here uses Reddit and say, goes to r/overwatch or something else with a nice Subreddit Theme to it, all the image positioning/sizing, fonts, font sizes, the Subreddit Wiki areas and sections, Headers, etc. are all done with CSS.

New Threads

Top Bottom